The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 55 of 96
Previous 1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
12 May 2014, 06:07
I did 3 days of low carb last week varying from 20 to 70 carrying it on this week as I dropped several lbs quite quickly and will see where it takes me. Fast today anyway.
12 May 2014, 06:18
Azureblue wrote: Shall we open up the tent flaps and see what waits inside for us?
Silverdarling? Ballerina? Wildmissus? Raw kraken? Fatdog?

Good morning, please can you tell me how many carbs you are allowed on a fast day and how many on a non fast day? Apart from bread and potatoes are there any other foods that have a lot of carbs, I heard that some veggies do? Hope you have a great day :-)) :bugeyes:
12 May 2014, 06:27
Hello Susiesoo, if you are trying to low carb, then 20g or so is optimum. Use something like myfitnesspal to measure your carbs. Some of the Atkins sites provide lists of low carb veg which I use to measure.
Carieoates, your hubby has even less patience than I do, and he got there quicker!!
12 May 2014, 09:01
Just saying hi @debs as havent been in the sleepless tent for a while..the magnesium is helping! Still some bad nights ( last night: slept only fir some time between 2 and 4)
Enjoy yr time at home ! Mmm cake sounds fab..i like the addition of ginger to carrot,was that home made or from a shop? X
12 May 2014, 17:53
I failed ... Fasted since last night to 5.30pm today then somehow couldn't keep my mouth away from the buttered GF bread whilst making our dinner. Had a good bowl of soup and fresh veggies but also 5 Nairn buttered GF oatcakes.
Hunger overcoming good intentions again.
Still tomorrow is another day and I hope for stronger self control.
:0)
12 May 2014, 18:06
Ah wellAB@azureblue You still have a 16:8 day of repair time and lowish calories which is not to be sniffed at! X
12 May 2014, 19:41
I was the same. I fasted all day and had my customary chicken and salad for dinner but someone upset me earlier and made me angry with myself for letting them so I'm afraid I have just finished off the last of yesterday's rice pud. It was only a little and I did put raspberries in it. It was also horrid weather tonight, pouring with rain, roads flooded, hailstones, thunder & lightning and freezing cold and I was out in it. No low carb and purple pee for me today.
12 May 2014, 19:55
That's weird WD someone made me angry too today at work - resisted though - but did have 30mg cream on the rest of the strawbs! (60cal)
13 May 2014, 11:35
My last chance to low carb before hols, so going to try and make it a good week.
Carrot and coconut cake was in a healthy cafe, so wicked, but luscious.
14 May 2014, 11:57
I have an omelette every day for brunch - today's was the most yummy yet - ripe toms quartered, some pieces of marinated pepper, and Lancashire cheese. De-lic-ous
19 May 2014, 10:11
:clover: Tent bump for @philxjr Come on be very brave and become our first male member to sleep in this tent!!!!
:clover: :clover:

I'm back going seriously low carb again to blow away my
4kg holiday gain!!! Just bought a massive celeriac and courgettes that are at least 10" long :clover: :clover: :clover:
19 May 2014, 10:23
All on good intentions to low carb high fat medium protein properly this week :0)
19 May 2014, 10:43
Sue.Q wrote: :clover: Tent bump for @philxjr Come on be very brave and become our first male member to sleep in this tent!!!!

4kg holiday gain!!! Just bought a massive celeriac and courgettes that are at least 10" long :clover: :clover: :clover:

Im unzipping and coming into the tent. Will keep you updated with progress. Its nice to take the next step on this strange journey :grin:
19 May 2014, 11:20
philxjr wrote:
Sue.Q wrote: :clover: Tent bump for @philxjr Come on be very brave and become our first male member to sleep in this tent!!!!

Im unzipping and coming into the tent. Will keep you updated with progress. Its nice to take the next step on this strange journey :grin:

:shock: Lol @philxjr you're still using your zip?
Time your trousers were dropping naturally,
Don't worry we'll all be gentle with you @Wendy Darling plus all the other lovely ladies just be thankful that the @ballerina doesn't get in this tent much :grin:
19 May 2014, 12:52
"We have just been in Rome for a week and I decided that I would not be tempted by anything, if I wanted it, I would have it....and I did!! I ate pasta every night, yes, you read that correctly, pasta EVERY NIGHT!!! beer, crisps, wine, bread, ice cream and baileys every day oh, and cake for breakfast. ( Actually, I only had the ice cream once and the cake breakfast once but otherwise it was a daily carbiferous feast ) I have come home the same weight as when I left, now.......strange as that is, the really strange thing is my waist is now almost 1 inch smaller....?!? How did that happen? I'm not complaining of course just absolutely confused. I think the carb overload must have been such a shock to my system that it just gave in. Now I'm back home to my usual routine I'm hoping that I don't grow more fat on my waist again but if I do I shall just go back on my Roman diet "...................

I posted the above on the 'Temptation' thread but thought it might be appropriate for here as well. Back home now for 5 days and my waist has not got bigger........YET! Watch this space. Perhaps I'm not as carb sensitive as I thought I was, I know not everyone is so perhaps........perhaps.........perhaps.........

Ballerina x :heart:
Previous 1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 55 of 96