The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 57 of 96
Previous 1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
25 May 2014, 14:55
Lol @callyanna so do we :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am famous for looking at the steak freshly cooked on a new one and announcing that it had 'turned out nice again' man, that line has had many outings :geek:
@sue.q tagged you because I thought you might enjoy that one.
25 May 2014, 15:31
20140525_162543.jpg

My wine o clock treat for today
Parmesan crisps and fatdog's crackers
25 May 2014, 15:47
Come on you two get George out and let him cook your food beautifully @Wendy Darling And @callyanna dust him down plonk your sausages on it wait awhile then no sooner said than done.
Wendy Darling don't go sending him to the jumble sale without a second or third chance of proving himself to you his Cajun chicken is wonderful.

Very tasty looking @Minumonline :like:
25 May 2014, 15:57
Oh that's my dad's one Sue. I don't have one, mine went years ago, had two in fact. I agree that he was a great cook but I couldn't stand cleaning him. He was such an attention seeker and I didn't have time for him so out he went!
25 May 2014, 16:28
Oh @Wendy Darling I know exactly what you mean about the cleaning, the hubby told me I wasn't doing
it right!!! :shock: So told him that's his job and he's done it every time since. Lol :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
27 May 2014, 09:56
carieoates wrote: @philxjr how's the low carb going ?

Hiya, Thanks for asking. , I have cut down a bit on bread especially french stick that I normally eat lots of. Still having the odd sandwich but its going ok thanks. Ill keep it at the current level and see if the weight loss increases and if it doesn't ill have to cut down some more. :smile:
31 May 2014, 10:17
Awesome breakfast - fried some leftover cooked broccoli in butter, with half a chopped red chilli, threw over a couple of beaten eggs, and grated some Parmesan on it. Served with a side order of free-range sausages. Weekend heaven.
31 May 2014, 14:54
Must Not Eat Sugar. Must Not Eat Sugar. Must Not Eat Sugar.

GOD this is hard. Had 4 biscuits and an apple and finished off the last of the ginger ale today.

Must Not Eat Sugar :0@
31 May 2014, 15:34
We keep a 2 portion George on the van. Plus we bought a little raclette in France, but it really IS too small for 2, even though it's a moi et toi.
31 May 2014, 15:52
@PennyForthem my mum just got a George on advice from my dad's carers. - what do you think of them?
31 May 2014, 16:44
Ok, you have all persuaded me I would enjoy a George! I shall go google and purchase him. :wink: Grilled celeriac sounds it is a winner. I overdosed on celeriac in Feb, so needed to stand back for a while. Quite fancy trying a light celeriac soup though, wonder if I can find a chilled one for the summer? My latest fad is chilled gazpacho soup - which I have on hand in the fridge - Pret do a lovely one and they also have great small protein pots.
@philxjr good luck to you cutting the carbs. I've low carb'd since starting 5:2 - and for me has been the answer to enjoying my food choices today. It is very strange to realise I mindlessly ate carbs (sandwiches, potatoes, pasta etc) that did not make me happy, as that's what we seek in life, to be happy beings. Like some peeps on the forum I don't have a sweet tooth, so I am not challenged by that - greek yoghurt with blueberries always hits my spot. My very elderly Mum and Dad like the yoghurt with a swirl of honey mixed into the yoghurt.

Hey buddy@spanner do you have a George?

I'm off to @Sallyo walking tent and then to @Rawkaren fashionista tent and gardeners corner, see you there.

A warm welcome to those who are thinking about joining the low carb tent. It is a very nice place to be.

Lizbean :heart:
31 May 2014, 20:43
Thank you, Lizbean.

I've read the whole topic, and was thinking it through. I like that everyone seems to be veggie eaters and that you can cut as much or as little as seems right for your own bodies. ( I'm still figuring out what some of the vegetables are). Atkins was too restrictive and did funny things to my poo. Does anyone get a metallic taste in your mouth?

Carieoates...if that is your current picture, you look great. I'm not really seeing that you need to lose anything else!

I am really interested in what Carorees posts. Good bye Bill Nye, Caro is now my science guy (or gal, as the case may be).
31 May 2014, 20:55
Welcome @piper I seem to remember Caroline our guru saying the metallic taste means you've achieved fatburning just how good does that feel :like: :clover: :heart: :like:
31 May 2014, 21:49
I have pretty much had a low carb week, with no bread and only a small portion of rice and potatoes at evening meal times. The only sugar I have had was in one small serving of yoghurt all this of course whilst doing 16/8 which means no breakfast.

Increasing the exercise has also helped with three major big walks this past week. :like:

The scales were much kinder to me yesterday thank goodness, now I just need to continue this WOL.

cheers Maggie. :smile:
Previous 1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 57 of 96