The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 59 of 96
Previous 1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
04 Jun 2014, 19:04
Right, so this is what I have to do...no bread and no potatoes, to start on fast days and in between days. I will allow myself some at weekends and a couple of roast potatoes with Sunday dinner. I will call this stage I! One of my problems is I cannot get wholemeal bread or flour here but will see what I can find on the internet.
04 Jun 2014, 19:08
@bobshouse i have a theory we can have some sourdough bread..just waiting for one of the professionals to come along and confirm or deny this!
04 Jun 2014, 19:34
56g carbs, 71g protein, 1460 cals today and I feel full too!
That's NO grains in any form AT ALL.
NO sugar in any form AT ALL.
It's taken 18 months, a HUGE amount of reading round here and the web, and gradually weaning myself off the literally addictive wheat and other grains and deadly sugar.
Very hard with a total sugar and all things carb loving husband ("try this, go on try it now").
I begin to feel better and in control of my life.
Too profound?
If we are out and about and there's nothing real to eat I don't, just have peppermint tea or if that's too difficult, water. Instant fasting time built in!
Don't know how long I can keep this up but hoping (as ever) for the very best :0)
04 Jun 2014, 19:54
Well done AB@azureblue for todays food.
...and yr tactics - i respect the idea of just going with a pep tea or water if no real food available..and avoiding yr OHs temptations..kudos! These things arent easy! :like:

So did yr 56g carbs today come just from veg/ fruit n veg ? X
04 Jun 2014, 20:07
Breakfast:- 2 soft boiled organic eggs, fresh coffee, 1 teaspoon coconut butter.
Elevenses:- Stick of celery.
Lunch:- Tuna, cheese, lettuce, cucumber, radish, spring onion, mayonnaise (I'm aiming to get a sugar-free one tomorrow), cup of green chai tea.
Fourses:- apple and Handful of macadamia and Brazil nuts.
Dinner:- tuna and cheese left over from lunch, half a carrot, broccoli, stringless runner beans, butter on the steamed veggies; natural greek yogurt over a banana, sprinkled with chopped Brazils, flaked almonds, milled flaxseed.
Three glasses of water through the day.
We had grandsons here today so not very adventurous as no time to think, better tomorrow!
06 Jun 2014, 14:12
I've had a really good low carb week and the scales show a good loss, still not quite back to my pre xmas lowest yet but creeping closer, however I've returned from the weekly food shop with a tiger loaf still warm!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Week you know the rest don't you I've lobbed the end off and spread with butter, naughty but very nice. :like: :clover:
06 Jun 2014, 14:31
Sue.Q wrote: I've had a really good low carb week and the scales show a good loss, still not quite back to my pre xmas lowest yet but creeping closer, however I've returned from the weekly food shop with a tiger loaf still warm!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Week you know the rest don't you I've lobbed the end off and spread with butter, naughty but very nice. :like: :clover:

@Sue.Q
Mmmmmmm that's my girl. Lob the end off, spread with butter and ......enjoy.
08 Jun 2014, 09:13
I'm back on track despite it being a Sunday and the roast looming later tonight.
Friday's lobing of the end of the tiger bread was following by a bacon wrapped chicken breast with salad oh yes and a dessert ( carb free surely)
Last nights celebration meal out with friends
mine wasn't the best choice regarding carbs chicken breast on a bed of mash, veggies, and 3 dishes of different potatoes!!!
So now I'm repairing any damage done by going as low as possible because of two more lunch meals this week
why do all these invites come all together?
Got a turnip and a celeriac to help me through the week
regarding the lower carbs, dreading the scales next Fri.
08 Jun 2014, 15:52
Well, I'm starting to join the low carb bandwagon. I've seen such good results with my diabetes on my LC fast days, it's time to get cracking. Thank goodness I have all of you to inform, motivate & inspire me.
I'm also reading: "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable" [Kindle Edition] Stephen Phinney (Author), Jeff Volek (Author)
and it has caught my interest in a way that I know I will get absolutely nothing done until I finish it! Looking forward to adding 16/8 & lowering the carbs - I'm ready.
08 Jun 2014, 16:57
Delic dinner tonight.

Olives, goats cheese and flaxseed crackers as a pre dinner nibble. Then home made pork meatballs in a tomato sauce, on a bed of yesterdays green veg that I had fried, and were nice and dry to soak up the lovely tom sauce. Topped off with some mature cheddar.

I may have some summer fruits with greek yoghurt later, but I'm off out now to make sure I get my steps up to 10k.
10 Jun 2014, 06:22
I'm looking forward to greeting my low carb pal @Debs back into the tent when she returns from her mega holiday.
10 Jun 2014, 07:46
I think we are all looking forward to Debs getting back, it's soooo quiet without her :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
10 Jun 2014, 08:03
Just popping in briefly as I am suffering from post holiday trauma, but shall be back in there and the ADF tent as of the weekend when I'm back at work.
Busy composing Deb's diary of life on the ocean waves.
Missed you all!
10 Jun 2014, 08:13
Starting today with my head soaking in coconut oil, eating prunes to aid um, transit. Usual problem when I'm a week into a new version of fasting/dieting/altering my metabolism-type-thing.

Deeply sad that our world has lost Rik Mayall :frown: he loved a good facial expression :bugeyes: and to show off his impeccable comic timing :lol: . Irreplaceable.
10 Jun 2014, 08:23
Azureblue wrote: Deeply sad that our world has lost Rik Mayall :frown: he loved a good facial expression :bugeyes: and to show off his impeccable comic timing :lol: . Irreplaceable.

Totally agree @Azureblue He will leave a massive hole in our comedy world.
Previous 1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 59 of 96