The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 60 of 96
Previous 1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
10 Jun 2014, 09:57
Seconded AB and Sue. A genius.
Yesterday, I managed 56g carbs, from fresh fruit and veggies, with a rice cake thrown in!
Missing my friend, the celeriac. I think I'll go on to fennel for a while. Fish tonight, with braised fennel, me thinks.
@sue.q hope you got my message x
10 Jun 2014, 21:29
Have managed three days of quite low carbs since my overindulgence on the evening meal out Sat night,
As I said @PennyForthemI'm still getting the celeriac thank heavens because I won't know what the substitute is so I'll be picking your brains for ideas once again,(i know you mentioned fennel Penny)
sausagebwith turnip + celeriac mash with lots of mixed veg was tonights meal and as I'm out all day tomorrow I can't see me going low carb because of a mini buffet out on by OHs family so I imagine sandwiches, sausage rolls which I don't eat or pork pie, I'm hoping for a salad bowl and dropped a few hints, also birthday cake etc so I'll go with care and fast until about 2pm = 18:6
that's the best I can do I'm thinking.
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
12 Jun 2014, 21:05
Ate grains thoughtlessly yesterday. Result?
Rapid transit in the middle of the night.
Awful gut pain all today, bloated like a barrage balloon, so not a good look or feel. Moral?
Don't eat them again.
Ever
12 Jun 2014, 21:19
Oh dear me AB, hope,your discomfort eases soon

Ballerina x :heart:
13 Jun 2014, 03:14
Hi all,
I am back in here after a major carb overload the last three weeks. I have found that certain bread gives me heartburn, so avoidance is on the cards for a while. So, lots of salad and veggies, and will see if the carb lay off works for me this time!
13 Jun 2014, 06:01
Oh dear. Its confession time on here. I went out to a party last night, with a mobile clay oven. Had a delicious chorizo pizza, several pints of real ale, and finished it off with some home made chocolate biscuits. Heaven.

Back to butter, asparagus and chicken today :grin:
13 Jun 2014, 07:19
Min, that sounds gorgeous, esp the pints of ale. Get thee to the confession tent!!
13 Jun 2014, 08:39
Minumonline wrote: Oh dear. Its confession time on here. I went out to a party last night, with a mobile clay oven. Had a delicious chorizo pizza, several pints of real ale, and finished it off with some home made chocolate biscuits. Heaven.

Back to butter, asparagus and chicken today :grin:

To be honest @Minumonline I'd rather have had the butter, asparagus and chicken but I think it goes without saying that the chocolate biscuits would always be welcome, yum, yum

@Debs hi, and welcome back, you've been missed, I have a terrible aim :lol: Ah, bread, food of the heartburn devil, you have my sympathy there, I also have terrible problems if I overindulge and I just love the stuff, ah well, natures way of telling me not to eat it or it will, hurt me. Who would have believed that food could be so darned cruel?

Ballerina x :heart:
13 Jun 2014, 09:36
Feeling better today, had just a teaspoon of coconut butter and two cups of real coffee so far. Pair of grandsons have sports day this afternoon, we're going to get fried watching :0@
13 Jun 2014, 22:50
Morning all,
In here for a while as I weighed myself this morning, not pretty. Must slip in to the starting again tent. Fasting today for the first time in ages, hope I can sustain it!
13 Jun 2014, 22:56
Good luck Debs. You can do it!
I'm having much with an old uni friend at a food court. Last time I had kebab meat,salad and dressing with no bread. I'm thinking today maybe laksa with no rice or noodles, just chicken and veges. I'd better not wear that whit shirt I was going to! :wink:
Xx
13 Jun 2014, 23:00
Noo, not the white shirt with laksa, been there done that!!! I am a notoriously messy eater so I go for something brown, or just a bib! I'm hungry already and it's only 7am, going to be a long day!
13 Jun 2014, 23:30
Hey Welcome back @Debs Missed you, but glad you had a fab time are you admitting what the damage is
or throwing in a few fasts first? Good luck to you Debs.
I had a midweek carb feast, paying the price with bloating and water retention
done a low carb day today a 18:6
Tomorrow will be 16:8 with evening meal/Indian so not a true low carb for me, will get stuck in on Mon.
Off to bed now catch you tomorrow. :like: :clover: :heart:
14 Jun 2014, 02:07
Hey there @Sue.Q, missed being here but I have paid the price, and put on 3kg. :cry: now I have to undo the damage again.
Am going to break myself in gently so I don't make life to difficult, did a 16:8 yesterday and will try and go as long as I can today. I'll have a bullet-proof coffee if it gets bad!
14 Jun 2014, 08:32
The demon of home baking has reared her head last week, but that has to be firmly knocked on the head. And I had fish and chips in the canteen yesterday at work.

Looking forward to coq au vin tonight, with creamy cauliflower
Previous 1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 60 of 96