The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

2209 posts Page 135 of 148
Previous 1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 148 Next
Re: Bean & Oates - Mad Eaters!
06 Jun 2015, 06:29
Morning Fasting Friends! Thought I'd better say something else we're in danger of going off the radar!! Any hoo, I'm planning on re-commencing fasting on Tuesday and then fasting Tuesday's and Thursday's, Slimming World will get me through the "normal" days. I'm determined not to go mad when my sister and nephs come over (not long now!) although having said that my sister is an incredibly healthy eater so all should be good!
Enjoy your weekend xx
06 Jun 2015, 07:09
:like: i' ll be fasting with you Tuesdays @nursebean then wed if i can still manage a B2B x
Happy weekend folks x
06 Jun 2015, 21:19
CandiceMarie wrote: I did ok thanks tho went over 500 gahhh but a good effort!
Hehehe! Was in supermarket with Beau and he didnt know i' d moved away from him...and he said to a woman next to him thinking it was me..
Think i' ll buy this to tempt you back to mine for dinner ( brandishing a pack of ribeye steaks) :lol:
He nearly died of embarrassment when he realised it was a complete stranger :lol: xx

Thanks for the laugh, @CandiceMarie Reminds me of the time a few years ago when I spied my OH down the aisle in the supermarket and thought I'd sneak up and whisper a few sweet nothings in his ear. I was almost there when "OMG, it's not him!!" I spun on my heel and got away unnnoticed--what a way for a gray-headed 70-something to act!

Previously, whenever I read that phrase "spun on his/her heel" I scoffed that nobody in real life ever does that. I'm here to tell you that yes, they do :shock:
07 Jun 2015, 07:26
Hello there girls, I'm back, had a busy few days.
Daughters 14th Birthday yesterday, had 15 adults over for BBQ is was a bit cold, we tried to stay outside but it wasn't to be. My mum, my sis and I sat outside with blankets and patio heater. We all then got very excited because we were showing everyone the ISS as it flew through the clear blue sky on all of its brilliance. Straight over our garden, house and then off into the distance.
So far I've had, sons birthday early May, hubs last week and then daughters yesterday. Crazy and now skint.....
Anyhow, back to it, I'm doing classic 5.2 mons and weds with a half fast or 16.8 all other days. My second fastiversary is in July and I'm really hoping to get to goal for then. I see you are both doing tues thurs is this a new plan? And will you be going to SW for weigh ins? (Bleugh....... Feel like I'm swearing when I say the I'm afraid, but if it works for you then GO FOR IT.....) :clover: :heart:
07 Jun 2015, 07:46
@marybeth i think its so nice about the sweet nothings! Pls tell yr OH i have the book now and i' m reading Ch 3 first..i can see why he recommends it,lots info there
@carieoates sorry the weather wasnt ebtter for the BBQ..where is the heatwave they said we were getting this last week? We' ve had some sun but also plenty of rain and yes,yesterday was really cold! Nice for you all to be together tho.
I' m trying to do back to back tues/ wed as i find the second day quite easy even inf first isnt..and then get weighed at Slimming World..never thought i'd find myself back at SW or WW but its a lifeline for me at the moment xx
08 Jun 2015, 18:52
Yes SW is a lifeline for me too. In fact joining a group last week marked a huge turning point for me, it's the first time I've bean with people since I became unwell so it's great as a social thing for me.
Not sure whether to include fasting once my sister goes back because I don't think I'll fast whilst on me hols!!
Watch this space!
08 Jun 2015, 19:22
Ahhh i' m so glad you enjoyed your meeting Beano @nursebean
I bet you'll make a very welcome and useful addition to the group,and it IS a very social and fun occasion.
I had mixed feelings at mine,coz i dont like being in a large group,i find it less tiring one to one.
But it is a lovely friendly group, who seem to have excellent results ( the week's weight loss for the whole group was 85 lbs! ) and the only thing that seemed alien was the low fat concept,which i no longer buy into..tho i can see how in the short term it will help with weight loss. Long term i need dem fats to stop me from turning totally into a dried up old prune :confused:
10 Jun 2015, 08:34
I must say, I'm not overly impressed at the moment. I requested to join my group's Facebook page and I'm still waiting to be accepted. Its nearly a week now. Hey ho!
Anyway, how are my buddies this morning? The sun is trying to shine this morning but it looks decidedly dodgy out there. Better hurry up and walk my little beauties.
Bean xx
10 Jun 2015, 15:44
Hi girls, hope you're ok.
It's a fast day for me even though I thought I'd try and do Mon, Thursday, I chickened out. . I have appointment to see what's got wrong with my knee next week.
10 Jun 2015, 15:49
Hi Carie! X hope yr fasting is going ok x
Glad youve got appt for yr knee..take care til then and go easy on it x
11 Jun 2015, 10:55
Oh dear Oatesy have you got a bad knee? Bad knees run in my family. First my nan had both knees replaced, my dad has had one and is preparing himself for the next one...and I too have dodgy knees. Hope yours aren't as bad though xx
Well today I went and had my ears syringed. D'you know, I just didn't realise how deaf I've bean until now. I can actually hear my fingers typing!! Oh boy does it feel better!
Lovely day here, how about where you guys are?
Bean xx
11 Jun 2015, 14:38
Bean so glad the syringing went well x
Gorgeous here too..wd be nice to be sipping long cold drinks in a shady corner...
Bottoms Up! X
11 Jun 2015, 19:36
Bottoms up indeed.
I have dodgey knees but prob from running, I will see if I have to stop the half marathon training on weds. I don't want to have to have a knee op or endanger my other exercise because of it. We shall see.

Well done for the weight loss Candy. :oops:
13 Jun 2015, 07:49
image.jpg
Take That.
Going to see take that at the O2 tonight, so today I will be a bit naughty, fizz on the train, meal before the concert prob with wine, then the late train home. Will post pics tomorrow if I've got any good ones. Gary Barlow is so cute. Got class this morning in just over an hour, so will catch you later.
Here's a pic of my daughters birthday cake with hidden smarties from last Saturday. Made by my clever mum.
14 Jun 2015, 17:42
https://www.justgiving.com/carolineoates0/

Next Sunday I'm going race for life pretty muddy 5km obstacle course . It's for cancer research as usual but this time I'm doing it with my sister, we as a family are very lucky that terminal cancer has not affected us. But we are delighted to be able to help others in any way we can. Here's my link, if you've got a few spare pounds I would be very grateful. Thank you.
Previous 1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 148 Next
2209 posts Page 135 of 148