The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 36 of 61
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 61 Next
@clairemarie I have just sent you a long message at the same time you messaged me but it seems to have disappeared onto the ether :frown:
The headline news is that my weight has gone uo by 2 lbs this week, no doubt some of this due to our little holiday but like you I am hoping it is not all 'real' My libra trend weight line has taken off like a rocket :shock:
I was also telling you about my varoius joint problems but will hang fire before repeating it all in case the message reappears
I am going to do some gardening this afternoon as the weather is good
I will speak to you later
@clairemarie..Cuzzy Claire..that cake you mentioned about a week ago sounds divine!
I am eating the description with my eyes! :like:
Beautiful day here as well@Lil. Cannot trust the weather for planting yet as we could still get a freeze or freak snow. I do want to plant swiss chard in my pots soon. No worries on the gain because you enjoyed your holiday. I am sure you will go right back down. I read a post from@juliannaabout bone broth. It might offer some help for your joint issue. I googled it and apparently the if the broth forms gelatin upon completion, that substance is very helpful for joint issues. Give it a try.
@CandiceMarieI cannot take credit for the recipe but it was a huge hit at Easter. Beautiful presentation and very flavorful. Googled Knickerbocker Cake. It is and English recipe which I fell upon luckily. And just so you know...I only had one slice!
Anyone in need of a buddie cos I am. Just back after falling off the wagon big time.
Sorry @Bobshouse, just posted the link you need in your fasting today post! Hope you've found it!
Hi@clairemarie Well it looks like my long message has gone for good :frown:
Lucky escape for you probably. Haven't got too much done in the garden - filled in a few gaps in the border from my stock of plants I have divided and have pricked out some beetroot seedlings - 1st time I have tried to grow them from seed so we shall see. I feel as if I am going down with a cold so not very dynamic. I am going out to my women's group this evening and have offered a couple of people lifs so can't really cry off. We are discussing morality and the 10 commandments - not sure I can even remember what they all are! The hostess at our meetings usually lays on nice biscuits so I shall have to be strong!
For dinner tonight I have made some ratatouille which we will have with some pork loin steaks I have been marinading, broccoli and probably another veg.
I saw the recipe for bone broth and thought it looked nice - have you had any yet or are you saving it till later?
@Lil I had a cup of broth at 1p.m. and it was delicious. Not sure what the cal count is but my googling suggested 20-30cals per cup for chicken. Perhaps the 'cold' is coming from pollen. Ten Commandments, well if I had stuck to them throughout my life I would have gotten into much less trouble. lol. Seriously, I think we overlook them and would probably be helpful to repeat them frequently to keep us on track. I love ratatouille. I like to use fennel too because it gives the taste a real step up. Chicken and green salad for dinner.

Saw the movie Philomena last night and really enjoyed it? Have you seen it? Enjoy your meeting. :smile:
No I haven't seen it @clairemarieMy husband doesn't like the cinema for some reason although he really likes liv theatre. He's also not that keen on drama on TV so we mainly watch documentaries and quiz shows together. What TV time I have to myself is mainly used up keeping up with Corrie :razz: I did go on my own to see 12 Years a Slave and a group of us have been going to see filmed versions of live shows. We have seen War Horse and are due to go to see The curious Incident of the Dog in the Night in a few weeks.
Well I've eaten my dinner and am going to have a little rest before I go out. Enjoy the rest of your day and your dinner when the time comes
Hi, everyone ! Haven't logged in for a while as I was away most of April.

First week spent in a lovely cottage on a remote Scottish island with the grandchildren and various family members. We were self- catering , so though not actually 5:2 ing , I was sort of in control of what I ate . Lots of walking and cycling too. Collected fresh mussels and made the best Moules Marinieres ever . Bumped into Tilda Swinton again this year ( no , she doesn't know me from Adam , so it's just Hello ! Nice Day ! )

Home for a few days then off to France for a fortnight ; B & B in a nice wee hotel in Southern Brittany , and lots of nice food and wine . . . . . been home a week and haven't dared step back on the scales .

5:2 starting in earnest again this week ; hardest bit is NOT having lovely wine with every meal ! Hoping waistbands feel slacker in a month or two ; going back to Brittany with the grandchildren in July ( self- catering this time ) so my goal is to look passable on the beach in a swimsuit . . . . time will tell !

Nice to be back reading all your lovely posts - I've missed you . Happy 5:2 ing !

Goldilox x
Morning@clairemarieAre you raring to go today. My cold has developed as I suspected. I got through work yesterday on alternate paracetamol and ibuprofen. I am also hitting the zinc and echinacea hard. Had a dreadful night last night so may need a nap later. I do think I am turning the corner but have cancelled my aqua class for this afternoon. I decided that jumpimg around and getting breathless in a watery situation was probably not wise not to say unfair on my classmates. Unfortunate as I did no aqua last week because of being away. Hopefully I will be back in the swing by Friday. I've had a slow start today - mainly on the internet. I need to do my foot exercises then I will pop into town. I bought a tankini on Monday but it does not give enough support 'up top' so it's going back and I will stick to one piece costumes as befits someone of my age and shape :razz:
Weather predicted quite good for today so a bit of weeding may be in order later.
Are you back on your bone broth today?
Yes @LilI am very motivated for todays fast. Monday was my easiest ever thanks to the broth. Today is what I call an 'Irish day', grey ,chilly and intermittent showers. My niece is getting married in September so I am planning to knit an Aran blanket as a wedding gift. Today seems to be a good time to work on it. She has planned a 'destination wedding' to be held way out in the mountains of Colorado. It is a beautiful place but would cost$$$$ to attend. I don't want to insult my brother but besides the expense of the airfare, car rental, hotel it is a six hour drive from the airport. So I am not sure if I will attend (what to do what to do). Sorry your not feeling well, I do like the ginger tea with honey for colds. And yes, broth is on for today. :smile: Gee, it would be good for your cold!
I was wondering where you had got to @clairemarie Afraid I'm not feeling great. Decided to lay off the medications during the day but it was a mistake. Took some ibuprofen about 45 minutes ago and feeeling a bit better now. I'm afraid the garden has been left to it's own devices which is a pity as it has been nice - starting to cloud over now.
Glad you are having a good day. Difficult decision about your niece's wedding - it can cost an awful lot to attend some of these dos and America is so much bigger
I may try some lemon and ginger. I have some sloe gin and raspberry gin to bottle so I may do that - not too strenuous but at least I will have done something today. After that I can feel a slump in front of the TV coming on.
I am going to make a chicken stew tonight with a bit of added barley
@spanner what day is it please? Wednesday :lol: I've been working at home today and decided to come up for air. Thanks for the how to pill your cat instructions - made us laugh this end, but seriously it seems to get harder, you should see the scratches on my hands. Picked up another month's prescription this morning.

Are you fasting tomorrow or Friday? Duck fillets for dinner - I never cook duck at home - so it will be an interesting exercise and hopefully edible. Off to find the duck instructions! :lol:

I have a feeling I need to shake things up a bit - Friday's weigh in will tell. Are you focused this week?

Lizbean x
I'm off to bed now@clairemarieHoping for a better night's sleep. I will I WILL get on top of this cold - I will not be beaten! Are you sticking with your Friday weigh in? I'll drop in and see how you get on
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 36 of 61