The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 39 of 61
Previous 1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 61 Next
Haven't been at home much today @clairemarie1st time I have had some free time to myself for some time so went round all the charity shops looking for summer clothes - not actually hot enough here yet! I've just popped in on the friend of mine that moved house with a couple of house warming gifts and to see how they are settling in and had a black coffee. Now starting to cook dinner - pork loin with ratatouille, asparagus and broccoli. Have you had another go at the bone broth today?
If you must know@LilI have had a very nice piece of cake today. Cabbage soup for dinner or a bit of chicken and green salad. Not much of a fast. It is such a chore to find clothes that fit well. Everything seems to accentuate the abdomen. I find that tanktops with a light weight cardi is best.
@Lil i quite enjoy a charity shop trawl but nevr find anything really nice

But i get a lot of low priced tops on ebay,dont know if youve ever given it a try..very easy to join x
Mmm @Clairemarie..Cuz..cake! Second time today ive heard it mentioned..karen mentioned carrot and ginger cake ..x :razz:
Oops for the cake :cake: @clairemarie I have just enjoyed my dinner - came in at 311 cals so not to bad.
I am now going to sit in front of the TV and alter some clothes - keep my hands busy!
@CandiceMarie While I am changing shape it seems the way to go. If things don't fit they can just go back. Got a pair of silk trousers from Monsoon for £3.75 - they seem a bit baggy so I may try to alter them. We are planning a trip to Jordan in September and they should be good for covering up and keeping cool at the same time. I try and go for 'good' brands if I can although I have ended up with some stuff from Primark and Sainsbury's.
Hey what a great buy @Lil i love Monsoon done..well spied! X
Youve made me think,i need another trawl in case i' m missing any good bargains! X
Impressed you can alter stuff as well! X
Yes, I know I need my head examined. I had much better options like apples and banana but some how the cake won out! Good thing I'm up for my walk tonight. This past weekend I bought a green vegetable I have never tried before and I am looking for some ideas, frozen mustard greens with turnips. @Lil Lloyd is recovering from his heart attack and looks like Andrea leads a double life...tel me is she married to someone else?
@Candicemariecake is a leftover from yesterday's Mothers Day celebration. I really should have sent it home with one of the kids but oh well. They're not sweet eaters just beer drinkers. As for the second hand stores in my neck of the woods the selection of 'nice' clothes is most definitely for smaller people. My dream for summer clothing is to have a couple of shift dresses and call it a day but my tum is still protrudes too much.@LilI have a sewing machine maybe I could buy a pattern/fabric for a little dress and tops. I purchased a nice pair of jeans last spring but now they fall off. What a waste of money :smile: :smile: :smile:
It's sort of a good,happy waste of money isnt it @clairemarie
Oh Moms day cake! Its calorie free so dont worry! X
I agree with you re shift dresses for the summer,so simple and nice,but i cant show my arms and legs,or won't..plus big tum and big butt :confused: not really shift shape - or shipshape! :lol:
I don't know about Andrea @clairemarie I wonder if she has a child? I am smaller on top (relatively) with big tum. I prefer things that are fitted at top and then flare out - empire line etc. If you can sew another thing I have done is buy a bigger size so it is not tight around my tum and take it in under the arms so it fits on top. I have even been known to take sleeves off to take the top of the shoulders off as I am short in the body. Quite a few of my 'big' clothes I am taking in under the arms I think if they fit on top it doesn't show so much how much baggier the lower half is. Trousers are more difficult but I have taken some in down the sides of the legs and down the centre back seam. They don't look perfect but if you wear a long top not too noticeable and at least I get a bit more wear out of them.
I've just has some raspberries with a little diet yogurt as I seem to have some calories to spare today , then a decaf and off to bed - another day done!
I am quite sure your tucked in by now @Lil. I am also small on top with a large tum and long torso with smallish hips with short not so bad legs. My trick is to wear a well padded bra to make myself bigger. I don't like it exactly but it gives a more proportionate look. Is it at all possible to look like I did when I was 18? I remember tucking my shirt into my jeans and looking rather good. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: See you Wednesday and I did complete my second walk today.
Morning @clairemarie! I hope you are well. Our weather is improving at last. I have had another trawl round the charity shope this morning! I have sorted out a lot of my clothes that don't fit me any more so I feel justified! I also bought some cider vinegar with the mother in it . I have been using the standard supermarket stuff because I thought I read somewhrer that it was just as good but there seems to be an opinion on here that it is not so I thought I'd give the 'proper' stuff a try. I'm jusy going to sit quiet with a lime and ginger tea and read a magazine before aqua. If I have any energy left I hope to get out in the garden later.
I am planning a prawn and coriander curry for dinner tonight - one of my regular fast day dishes
See you later!
Hi there@Lil you deserve the new clothes so enjoy your shopping. Yesterday I did a two hour walk to a department store and chaperoned my grandsons field trip. I was completely exhausted last night. I am trying to think of another destination to walk to today as it forces me to keep going instead of turning around and cutting the walk short. I bought a supply of protein powder for my smoothies for fast days. It is 100 cals per serving. So break, lunch, dinner 300cals. Just trying it out this way because I am so low in energy these days. No matter how I try I can't get back to the strict 24hr fast and feel good...Lately I love the taste of vinegar. It makes a low cal blah meal taste yum. It wakes up my taste buds. Here's to a successful fast day!
Sounds like you're really getting going with the exercise @clairemarie The aqua class seemed really hard today - just had to have a little rest :sleepy: It's an over 50s class so I dread to think what she makes younger people do!
I've never been one for smoothies. My elder son sometimes makes then when he is at home. Do you just use the powder or do you add fruit etc ? How do the total calories come out?
I think the garden has had it for today. I am going to try on the clothes I took in the other night - they are all tacked . If they are OK I will get the sewing machine out.
Only about 2 hours till food time for me :lol:
@Lil I just got home from my second walk today. My plan for today is 3 30 minute walks. I am having a whey protein shake after each walk. It is 100 cals per serv so it fits into fast day. I added 1/2cup berries at 35 cals. Also I am not great at drinking water so I am trying to improve. Your dinner plans for prawns sounds nice ans very low cal high protein...Do yo get winded when you exercise or is it an endurance issue?
@Lil I also do green smoothies like cup of kale with apple. No one else likes it but I find it energizing so its worth it.
Previous 1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 39 of 61