The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 7 of 65
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
15 Mar 2014, 11:55
Went shopping for a wedding outfit yesterday - came back with this and a lovely little matching silver cardi/shrug thing - now need to see if I have suitable shoes/bag...........

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk ... 5530915508
15 Mar 2014, 12:42
Lovely dress. One of these days my daughter is finally going to get married and I want to be able to wear something like that and look slim and sexy, not look like an explosion in a candyfloss factory.
15 Mar 2014, 12:47
Lovely dress @madcatlady I still haven't started looking for my two wedding outfits. And what my daughters going to wear. I've got a nice silver clutch bag with matching fascinator you could borrow.
15 Mar 2014, 13:40
OK, this thread is fun even for a 70-something grandma. I'm not much into fashion, just want to be comfortable, cover up the arms, and wear what looks good on me. Thought this little story might amuse.

One warm, sunny day last Spring, when I had probably already lost a few pounds on 5:2, I was walking to Strength class, wearing white Reebok Princess shoes, black capri pants rolled up to just below the knee, a yellow and white striped V-neck tee, with a bright yellow, silky, blowy, "big shirt", 3/4 sleeves over top. All was topped by a wide-brimmed straw hat raked jauntily to the side. Near an "alternative" high school I passed a group of teenagers, apparently on their way back to school after lunch. A young male voice rang out, "Now there's a woman with a sense of STYLE!"

I didn't dare look back because maybe there was some other woman there who he was talking about--if so, I didn't want to know. I floated around on that memory for quite a while. Fashionista for a day! :wink: :lol:
15 Mar 2014, 14:07
skirt.jpg
skirt.jpg
Lovin this thread. Good stories and lovely clothes.
Joining in on the act, here's my latest acquisitions just back from the tailors. I am very fortunate in that I can get stuff made quite reasonably. If I find something I love and can get fabric then I get it made. There is a large market selling fabric and I have great fun buying and a lot of bother not buying!
I love colour and wear yellow, orange, red and green. Not much else unles it's the dreaded black for shows and then I change at the last minute and get out of it as quickly as possible.
I tend to be covered up and have worn loose stuff for years. It's a hard habit to break and even the new stuff is 'free form'
Really would love to be Gok-ed...
15 Mar 2014, 14:11
Hmmm, won't let me upload trousers as the file is invalid. You can just see them peeking below the skirt.
Suggestions on what to wear with both would be great :)
15 Mar 2014, 15:20
@madcatlady - lovely dress, wonderful colours. And love those 'eastern' looking fabrics @janeg it must be great picking them out and then having something made up just how you want it. @Marybeth I can just picture you in your outfit it sounds great ...

... And @Ballerina loving those germoline-coloured crocs :lol: :lol: :lol: :razz: :shock:
15 Mar 2014, 16:56
@ballerina I do have ballet pump envy. I have quite a few pairs at home. I buy them from the Pretty Ballerina's outlet store just outside Palma. I hate paying full price for shoes - there is always a sale on somewhere! I do love that green colour cardi - I bet you looked great, especially with that necklace. And then you went and spoiled it by giving away that picture of your crocs :shock: :razz: :shock: :razz:

@janeg. Really love those fabrics. I'd pair them with something simple like a really nice white plain shirt.
15 Mar 2014, 17:46
I was in Worcester one day, and a lovely tall slim asian lady walked past. She was wearing a baby blue salwaar kameez, with straight leg trousers instead of the more usual harem pants style. It was long sleeved, with a matching chiffon scarf. She has always seemed to me to be the epitome of elegance and style. I really must get around to making some more salwar kameez or getting a couple made up in Birmingham.
15 Mar 2014, 19:45
Ooh loved seeing all the shoes and SD's tunic and Bal's cardi! And jane and madcats stuff too.its like Aladdin's cave on here...sooo fab! X food for the eyes and the soul,
and i agree julie, i love indian clothes ..all the vibrant colours,love moroccan too..feel sure i lived in Morocco in another life x
15 Mar 2014, 21:41
Love the tunic @Silverdarling I haven't dared wear my tunics yet (since I've put on the beef) but one day...one day!

Bean :bugeyes:
15 Mar 2014, 21:51
Yup me too,got quite a few nice ones squirrelled away ..i got in them before,will get in them again :confused: if it kills me :razz:
15 Mar 2014, 21:52
Go Candy go!

Bean :heart:
15 Mar 2014, 23:34
Nice shoes

Inspired by this thread I spent yesterday checking out my winter clothes as summer is nearly spent down under. With the change of season it is time to check out the gaps so I know what I am looking for when out shopping. Love my winter wardrobe due to the opportunity for layers, fine soft knits, scarves, skirts, tights, boots, jackets, coats. Found more clothes to move on, am amazed it's good to be letting go of old bigger sizes.

I do have some charcoal and black leggings but they form part of the layers with a 3/4 knit tunic, and nice boots and a long cardie and scarf. They sat in my wardrobe for a season until I found the look which worked. Great to have when you are between sizes, found they were a better replacement than baggy pants held up by belts. Like my crocs in summer agree if you have painful feet issues they are so comfy until you recover and uggs around the house in winter.
16 Mar 2014, 00:44
I have a simple white linen tunic with a simple slit neck and lovely embroidery around the collar and down the front slash that I really want to be able to wear on holiday this year, but my bust just won't shrink. It goes over my head, it sits around my tummy reasonably well, but it squashes my boobs. Thinking on it, I thnk summer holidays 2015 would be a better target with that top.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 7 of 65