The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 44 of 65
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
06 Jun 2014, 23:02
I really must bite the bullet and accept that to get a decent bra one must be prepared to pay more than penny pinching budget money for it.
06 Jun 2014, 23:15
Every time i try to upload a picture it tells me the image i am trying to upload is invalid :frown: it's frustrating to say the least. I don't have any problems on other sites, i don't know where i'm going wrong :oops:
I do think if you're bigger busted you have to pay for a good bra, unfortunately they are quite pricey i usually wait for a sale day, you do tend to find the larger sizes are still available :like:
07 Jun 2014, 00:18
@janpartly since the change, i cant post any pix either :(
Says too many pixels or something ..never used to say that before :confused:
@Julieathome the last bra i bought was about forty quid...cannot afford to have many bras at that price! ..have just ordered a pack of two bras for £ 25 from the catalogue,they look ok,but we'll see....talk about the triumph of optimism over experience ... :confused:
07 Jun 2014, 07:04
Had to laugh at your post @candicemarie with triumph and optima both bra makes!
My sister is well presented in the chest department and I'm not. Years ago she asked me to go into a posh department store in Glasgow and pick u two triumph bras as the sale was on. I couldn't find them and asked the matronly galleon of a corsetry assistant for assistance. :bugeyes: Before I knew what had happenened I was measured , trussed and reclad being firmly told in a cultured Kelvinside accent that a 30FF was definitely NOT the size I required (32B on a good day). :shock: She did have the grace to look slightly sheepish when I told her it was for my sister.
Sill not that much bigger all these years later... :confused:
07 Jun 2014, 10:54
I year for the days when I could walk into Primark (or similar shop) and buy a bra for £5 and actually have it fit.
07 Jun 2014, 12:35
Well spotted@janeg! And yr story was so funny!
years ago, a lot of shop assistants were like that weren't they!..we used to have a big department store called Frosts and one of the assistants used to say," frostily", " please don't finger the garments, Modom " :lol:
@Julieathome yes,used to swan into shops and get cheapo bras..think i was a 36 / 38 B or C back in the those good old days..we had a chain of shops called Ethel Austins,known affectionate as Ethels..always had loads of nice bras and knicks..sadly gone now ..in those days,i could swan in and quickly buy skirts,frocks,trousers,jeans..they always fitted! I remember for years i wore a check shirt i bought from M n S boys section.x
07 Jun 2014, 13:49
We used to have an Ethal Austins as well. Were they a nationwide company or just a North Wales, North West company?
07 Jun 2014, 14:02
Used to love Ethel Austin's! Used to buy the boys' underwear and school socks there, good quality at a no nonsense price. Think it was just a northern firm.
07 Jun 2014, 14:57
There was an Ethel Austin's in Ashington until a couple of years ago.
07 Jun 2014, 15:51
I think Ethel Austin was Liverpool based-but not sure how far it spread. It is several years since they shut up shop here.
07 Jun 2014, 16:06
@Julieathome ...like Merlin said,it was Liverpool based,Ethel herself was a Liverpool lady,who started the business from home, and ended up with more than three hundred stores....not sure how far its shops spread,certainly over the NorthWest/ North Wales.
@Silverdarlingnot sure where Ashington is,is it North East?
" Ethels" began struggle some time in 2000and something,no idea why,maybe sold stuff too cheap? By that time,Ethel herself had died RIP,in her late eighties.
Slowly, but surely and sadly,the many Lpool branches closed down.
@Callyanna yes bought lots of DD's schoolwear and undies there,and her baby stuff,things for myself. Even cosmetics,cheap reading glasses,umbrellas and so on.Always seemed reasonable quality,such a shame it went..hope all the hundreds of people who worked for Ethel found new employment x
07 Jun 2014, 17:54
The problem with uploading pics is often that they are too big. I downloaded PIXLR EXPRESS to my android (free). When you open the app, the last pic you took is in the initial window, you then click on save, and select gallery, then small, and it saves your pic in the right size for the forum. When you follow carorees instructions, and select the pic to upload, its in one of the folders that come up automatically.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you, as I'd like to perfect my instructions.
07 Jun 2014, 20:17
Hi @Minumonline i've now got the app thank you
Got a pic,but can't see gallery or small..?
I ' ve clicked on Save which them gave me the opportunity to resize
But i have no idea where that resized pic is now
When i click on " choose existing" i cant see it :(
Ps hope you enjoyed Glyndebourne x
08 Jun 2014, 04:29
Screenshot_2014-06-08-05-24-27.jpg

Hi @CandiceMarie. When I click on select attachment, then gallery, I get this screen on my phone, with all the various photo folders. The pixlexpress edited pics are bottom left. You may need to scroll down to se yours, as I've shrunk the view to get mine on screen. HTH.

Glyndebourne was amazing thanks. Don Giovanni. Incredible set, very clever and dramatic. And all very beautiful and charming.
08 Jun 2014, 10:10
Gosh Min@Minumonline i wonder if ive got a different version of Pixler..
I dont get select attachment or gallery...loads of great stuff like effects,borders,stickers ,stylize etc..all things to jazz yr pics up...
It says Autodesk..wonder if its a diffeent version ive got?. :?:
Thanks for yr advice tho,will keep tinkering! X
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 44 of 65