The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 41 of 65
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
03 Jun 2014, 21:45
I've just been fitted for desperately needed new bras and I'm now a 32FF! :bugeyes: I'm currently around 11st 9 and YET in a previous life (pre-children, pre-5:2) at 11st 2, I was a 34C :confused:
03 Jun 2014, 22:39
I was a 34B and briefly a 32 B back in the dark ages now I am 32 G! I've lost from everywhere else.................my expansion coincided with HRT about 15 years ago. I stopped that quite quickly as I found the cure worse than the symptoms but the boobs didn't shrink.
03 Jun 2014, 23:20
@merlin @lizbean @janpartly and anyone else interested...
Just reposting a link @julieathomeprovided a while back..bras for us big busters..off to have a look at it myself right now x

http://www.thelingerieaddict.com/2012/0 ... -line.html
04 Jun 2014, 08:09
On the bra theme I hate under wired bras BUT unless I resort to sports bras I haven't found any that are not in a G cup-has anyone else?
04 Jun 2014, 08:22
I'm a 36DD and have remained the same since January 2013, despite having lost 21lb! So, new bras the same size, just fastening them one row of hooks smaller! I thought at one time that I was going to have to replace all my bras but then realised that I just needed to shorten the straps! Doh!!!
04 Jun 2014, 23:01
Ok, I'm off to Bravissimo in Covent Garden the weekend after next for a proper fitting - I'll share the results
- perhaps I be surprised. Time to get sorted I think. :heart:
05 Jun 2014, 06:15
Was eyeing up socks and the eye shields I got after survey as bra fillers this morning. Really need new ones as there is a gap/great hulking hole at the top of the cup. Have hoiked them up by shortening the straps- not much change. :oops:
I just refuse to try and get measured here. I think there is one 'bra fitter' badge for the region and they pass it around, as I'm sure that they are strangers to customer service/measuring tapes/tact. Oh I can feel a swoon/panic/vapour attack coming on at the memory of my failed attempts here. :curse: :shock: :curse: :shock:
Will go and lie down and think about gloves :bugeyes:
long gloves :dazed:
made of leather :smile:
with buttons :grin:
preferable red :lol:
oh that's better and ....... :razz: breathe
05 Jun 2014, 06:42
Wait till you get home to Scotland @janeg :wink:
05 Jun 2014, 06:47
Merlin wrote: On the bra theme I hate under wired bras BUT unless I resort to sports bras I haven't found any that are not in a G cup-has anyone else?

I have seen plenty on eBay...new ones in good makes at good prices.

I find the Fantasie and Freya ranges are true to size if measured the way shown in Julie's link. M&S bras tend to be sized differently and I could never get one to fit right. I am a 30 FF and finding that cup and band size combination in the shops is really hard so I had to get my bras online.
05 Jun 2014, 06:52
That was the intention @Silverdarling
Last two visits have seen me entertained and well fitted by the lovely Irish lasses in La Senza in Glasgow.
However, it looks like the dreaded clothes and bra shopping is going to happen in Bolton this time. This is scary...it is unchartered territory for me and I find it traumatic at the best of times
need to go and lie down again...
05 Jun 2014, 08:14
I got 4 dresses while in the UK. I could only find pictures of two. Now I really need to stop buying clothes!
05 Jun 2014, 08:55
I was having a rummage on ebay last night as I have some pennies in Paypal and only 2 bras, one a spaorts bra and another that fits. So I'm remeasuring later and having a browse. I did find a lot more choice on ebay than anywhere else and most of them won't cost me my weeks carers allowance either.

there are loads in the bigger cup sizes.
05 Jun 2014, 08:55
they are so pretty, classy and modest @MaryAnn
I have dresses from when diving daughter was born and I love them .Two of them, slightly different styles. worn to bits but could not find anything even remotely similar. So , bought lovely fabric and got them copied. Then I washed them and , honest, they shrunk considerably!
Pleased to say, they became the aspirational frock and now the three of them are loose!
Love 'day dresses'.
Are the other two similar?
Bet they look great on you!
05 Jun 2014, 08:58
One day, I will wear a dress, honest. Well one that isn't a maxi dress. Probably after I have my various veins sorted. Or have tattoo's put on to cover the mess.
05 Jun 2014, 09:02
tattoos are the way to go @julieathome!
and you shall wear a gown/frock (in my best fairy godmother voice)
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 41 of 65