The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 55 of 65
Previous 1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
12 Sep 2014, 15:19
Yep, I've seen that too - in Paris for Autumn it seems to be 60s style stuff (so very short skirts) or longer looser A line skirts to the knee - I think that's what you mean @Marybeth? Was also surprised to order some jeans the other week to find when they came that they sit high on the waist, I've been wearing low cut ones for so long it felt really odd at first but it looks SOOOOO much better!
12 Sep 2014, 17:16
Thanks Carie and Nicky--I agree--high waisted creates a longer, leaner look.

By the way, I'm going to my 55th high school reunion tonight wearing a classic crepe shirtwaist dress that I bought at a consignment shop more than 20 years ago. Still looks good if I say so myself. :lol:
12 Sep 2014, 17:38
@Marybeth enjoy your reunion and take some photos!
12 Sep 2014, 17:58
@marybeththe shirtwaister sounds wonderful..one of my best friends wore a shirtwaister to my daughter's wedding and she was a big hit with everybody!
Enjoy the reunion! Pix if poss pls x
13 Sep 2014, 17:47
@carieoates Ah, but your "meat" is so muscular! I'm all envy. You do look great in your beautifully patterned dresses.
13 Sep 2014, 17:54
@swan51 @CandiceMarie, Thanks, we had a good time at dinner last night (only 40 miles from home) but there was no dance after all--we think the committee ran out of money for the promised DJ playing 50's music (we practiced our steps and everything :frown: ).

No pics yet, but there is a YouTube clip of the "Intergenerational Prom" that we attended in March. I wore the same dress. If you go to minute 1:27 you will see 3 seconds of our dancing at the top of the screen. Handsome OH in the tan jacket. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdtXXE-lw04
13 Sep 2014, 19:19
That looked like good fun@marybethx
I cdnt quite get a glimpse of you at 1:27, wish we could have seen you!
Sorry no dancing for you last night :0( but glad you enjoyed dindins x
13 Sep 2014, 20:52
@CandiceMarie I'm learning more about videos and YouTube today! I see that 1:27 doesn't show OH and I dancing at first but another click or two just beyond on the timeline is still 1:27 and there we are: cream colored dress and shoes, cross-body tan bag, shot from the back.

Anyway, thanks for your interest--I always like to see what people are wearing, too.

It's always instructive to talk with people at reunions-a -shy girl who now looks like a trendy model and who is running a retail business selling BMW motorcycles with her OH. A kind of nerdy kid who had a great school teaching career and ended up a high school principal. Some sad stories, too, of course--deceased spouses or children. I was looking forward to talking with a class mate who is the 3-time great granddaughter of Solomon Northup--the man who told his story told in the book Twelve Years a Slave--last year's great movie. Unfortunately, she wasn't there.

Well, I digress from fashion :grin:
13 Sep 2014, 22:01
I saw you. You both look great x
13 Sep 2014, 22:47
@MarybethI saw you! You look so slim and elegant and you dance beautifully. Utterly feminine!
14 Sep 2014, 03:58
@Marybeht you both look great cutting the rug :wink:
14 Sep 2014, 05:13
Marybeth wrote: Thanks Carie and Nicky--I agree--high waisted creates a longer, leaner look.

Depends on your body - for you, I'm sure it's true. But when you are under 5' tall, not so much.
Nice dancing, @Marybeth!
14 Sep 2014, 07:07
Marybeth wrote: @carieoates Ah, but your "meat" is so muscular! I'm all envy. You do look great in your beautifully patterned dresses.

Aw thankyou you so much @Marybeth. I did have a look and I spotted you also. Proper dancing too, what fun. I did ballroom as a teenager, might just try it again, with strictly back on our tv sits very popular here again.
14 Sep 2014, 12:24
Yes @marybeth I can see you both now..first,quite a close up of OH with v good head of dark hair! and just yr wrist and arm showing..then you both,with you in yr cream dress! i didnt realise on the first viewing that that was you both,as OHs tan jacket looks paler from further away.You look like you're really enjoying it all.What a great occasion that must have been with all the age groups getting together! :like: and i agree with @julianna that you look elegant and dance beautifully! X
14 Sep 2014, 14:28
Thanks to all for your kind words--
Yes, @Carieoates, proper ballroom is fun--OH was 63 when we took our first lessons!
@wendyjane You're right that different body types take different cuts of clothes--to each her own!

It was a fun evening and so was the reunion--talked to lots of people I didn't know well in hs--now that we're all in our 70's, those cliques don't matter anymore--we can appreciate people more for themselves.

Forgive me if I can't remember tagging everybody :confused:
Previous 1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 55 of 65