The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

172 posts Page 7 of 12
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12 Next
Ooh @Wolfie The Mist?! :shock: I have never cried so much at the end of a film as I did in that one...which really surprised me because its a great horror and I love Stephen King...but I couldn't watch it again I don't think! Its the complete antithesis of Shawshank Redemption isn't it.

Well I went to see "Lucy". There were a few things about it I didn't like (the wildlife footage for one thing) but it is only 89 mins long and has a few exciting, gory, thrilling moments...and quite a few weird moments too :confused:

I'm taking my aunt out again next Monday. Can't decide on Equalizer with Denzil or The Hundred Foot Journey with Helen Mirren (what a different pair!) I have a feeling my aunt would like to see Boxtrolls :shock:
Boxtrolls looks really cool! Hope it's not disappointing like Coraline was.
Also fancy the one with Helen Mirren about the restaurant and the cartoon due out about the wee boy making his super powered hero out of an inflatable. Can't remember what is
t's called.
Sadly, I'm so jaded with the cinema here with the cut and edits I don't think I'll be seeing anything.
And there is just NO WAY Pride will appear here.
*off to the dark side to try and download*
Went to see Magic in the Moonlight yesterday
Wonderful scenery and fab 1920s styles but i could barely keep awake coz the script was so dull. Woody Allen has lost his touch completely with his last few films x :sleepy:
Nursebean - both me and The Dh think it's the most horrible end of any film ever. How on earth would that guy be able to live with himself after that?

I ordered the 100 steps book along with the new Hairy Dieters cookbook, but it will take som time to get there. Figured out that the movie wasn't guy material so I'd better read the book LOL.

Oh I came to think of one other horrible ending film - Into the wild.
Into the Wild eh @Wolfie? What's that about and who's in it?!

I don't think you can too The Mist for endings...without giving anything away :wink:

Not sure whether to see The Equalizer, Walk Among The Tombstones or the Helen Mirren one. So difficult to choose. Perhaps I'll just take my aunt out for a meal instead :confused:
Just been catching up on all you film buffs and your chatter!

I like watching films - we don't do it enough!

I'm afraid we are a bit "tight" and have adopted the attitude that it is more cost effective to wait and buy the DVD to keep than have a night out at the cinema but it doesn't bother me watching films 6 months after everyone else so who cares!

I like most films although not keen on sci-fi or Harry Potter type films - I'm too much of a realist I'm afraid.

Some of my favourites are: A Passage to India, Mrs Doubtfire, The Green Mile, anything with Kevin Costner (!), Schindlers List, Pretty Woman, anything with Tom Cruise.......

Have a borrowed DVD of War Horse which we might hopefully watch tonight..........
Two questions @madcatlady..
Do you have a "picturehouse at fact " near you?
Are you and OH over sixty? ( sorry ..i have no idea of who is what age on here)
If so,you can go to ' silver screen' (for sixties plus) every tues and thurs..tickets are £4.50 and you get a tea or coffee and biccies!
I wd never go to the flicks if it wasnt for Silver Screen..the tickets are too dear otherwise.
As for the prices of the refreshments, i think anyone who pays out for them needs their heads testing..easier to smuggle in cheaper stuff in yr bag! :like: x
PS Green Mile is a fab film! X :like:
Also if you use Orange (or EE as its now known) you can buy one get one free on "Orange Wednesdays" plus I think Cineworld does a discount on a Tuesday. Oh yes, there's plenty of ways to see films on the BIG SCREEN :wink:
Yep @nursebean had forgotten orange wednesday..
I must admit i love being in the cinema and losing myself in a film..then coming out afterwards blinking and slowly returning to the real world!
Its one of the best feelings in the world. Not so good if the film was pants or the audience were annoying...but otherwise pretty darn good :cool:
@CandiceMarie @nursebean - don't think we have that "picturehouse", we are both working age and don't use EE. If I were organised I could get some discounted tickets through an association I'm a member of and yes - I would always smuggle stuff in my bag (who in their right mind pays those prices for popcorn/drinks!?).

I guess we're just lazy but that's fine!
Mmmmm @madcatlady popcorn! Sweet n salty!
My kitchen window closes in five mins..... :confused:
I went to see Into The Storm a few weeks ago. It was brill but then I love Cheesy disaster movies and Richard Armitage and it scored on both.
I wanted to see Before I Go To Sleep but we couldn't get a sitter.
I wish i could help you out there@brand- ie
Still,the day will finally arrive ( i remember it so well! ) when you no longer need sitters..and you' ll feel like the world is your lobster! :lol:
But even then there will be times when you will wish your grown up kids were still wrapped up in bed,safe n snug, instead of them out partying,clubbing etc! X
Well I definitely recommend "Before I go to sleep". Great acting...and Colin Firth (which I'm sure will please a lot of ladies!) I mean, imagine the nightmare of waking up to find that Colin Firth is your husband. What hell!
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12 Next
172 posts Page 7 of 12