The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1198 posts Page 76 of 80
Previous 1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 Next
Re: Insomniacs' tent...
25 Jan 2015, 18:51
Ta people, yes fell off boy as new saddle spooked him & then stirrup leather snapped. Ground ROCK HARD due to over 2 weeks snow & frost.
Not boys fault. Am TOTALLY out of action. Can't even eat or drink without help, haven't been to the loo yet!!!!!!
25 Jan 2015, 18:54
Oh no Annie. I'm so sorry to hear your news and hope the medics are looking after you and your pain relief.
Image Lizx
25 Jan 2015, 19:39
Only good thing about this situation @AnnieD..
You can still read and write on here...xx
03 Feb 2015, 02:21
Annie, how are you recovering?
OK, so it's my turn tonight.......I have been posting since mid-night, it's now approaching 2.30am.
Off to test the sleep moment again.............................................. :sleepy:
I hope you all sleep well.
14 Feb 2015, 08:43
@lizbean coming on quite nicely now thank you, this morning for the first day in 3 weeks I actually got out of bed without any help (although admittedly from a sitting position!). My collarbone no longer hurts, my wrist I think is aching because it's sick of being in plaster & my ribs only hurt with deep breaths & sneezing now (sneezed half a dozen times the other day & thought I may be coming down with a cold - scarey!)
Sleeping has been interesting, I stopped the painkillers during the day at the end of week 1 but still take them at night, which gets me through to about 3am when OH has to help me out of bed & re-arrange me into sitting position for about an hour or so & then reverse the process. It's the pressure of the clavicular rings on my back that are causing the most discomfort, but hopefully only another week to go!

Gonna be at least another month put of the saddle though, really missing my boy, can't even groom him :(

The GOOD NEWS is that I haven't put any weight on during my enforced inactivity, I was concerned that sitting around may have a bad influence (as I'm normally pretty active) but it would appear that the fact that it's very difficult to eat, & therefore I eat a lot slower, is compensating quite nicely. Good job, it's my 2 year fastiversary 26th Feb which will be 18 months maintenance so I'd really like to be at weight.

Looks as though it's been pretty quiet in here the last few weeks, that's good news :) :)
14 Feb 2015, 12:21
It's good to hear that you are on the mend, @AnnieD, and that your weight is remaining stable despite your enforced activity. I suppose that you've got about another three weeks in plaster with your wrists but even then you probably won't be able to ride immediately. I recollect that they wanted me to wait another six weeks after the removal of the plaster - not that I did of course!
Anyway, it won't be long now and you'll soon be back in the saddle - just not the western one for now though - you can't risk another fracture too soon!
All the best!
14 Feb 2015, 13:13
@StowgateResident I do hope you're not the bearer of bad tidings, I'm planning on having both my calivicular rings & the plaster taken off at 4 weeks precisely. I've even planned a full weeks business trip 2 weeks afterwards (with a colleague to drive & carry my case etc ;) ). I don't mind how long I'm under physio supervision & I will be a good girl & not ride until allowed, but I do want my life back on Monday 23rd and I'm gonna be right old mardy if they don't do as I tell them !!!

P.S. I don't have a western saddle any more, OH sold it back to the woman we bought it from, for half price !!!
14 Feb 2015, 13:34
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you've healed well, @AnnieD, four weeks sounds short for broken wrists but perhaps they do things differently in France! It's a shame about the saddle but perhaps for the best! Enjoy your business trip - you seem to have that organised well!
I don't even know why I'm in the Insomniacs Tent - I sleep like a log! You all probably didn't want to hear that! :oops:
14 Feb 2015, 22:12
Hi @AnnieD, so good to hear from you and that you are recovering well despite the time it is taking and the pain.
I hope in time it scuppers your insomnia. Surely having sat up to sleep and moved around at night might mean your body will appreciate good time sleep at some point? Fingers crossed for you!
Congrats for keeping your weight in a good place too - even though consumption was controlled by pain :cry: , was the food served yummy? Here is to the 26th and for when you get back on your boy. :victory: :clover: Meanwhile take it easy as you go :cool: :cool: :cool:
15 Feb 2015, 03:32
Glad to hear things are starting to look up@AnnieD after yr accident
I can't sleep tonight due to various aches and pains and i' m just sitting here thinking of you and OH getting up in the middle of the night every night. Not much fun and not a great way to start 2015 is it.Hope you will soon be fully recovered x x
15 Feb 2015, 06:54
missed you @candicemarie. Hope you managed to get some shut eye.
15 Feb 2015, 13:36
Hi Karen@rawkaren..we were ships that passed in the night!
I got to sleep for about two hours but had two awful nightmares. Going out shortly for a Sunday roast at our local.
How are you and Hub? What news? X x
19 Feb 2015, 02:23
Grump grump grump

Guess I might as well get up and wander around for a while - can't sleep lying down 'cos calvicular rings digging into back, can't sleep sitting up 'cos bum gone numb. No other options really!!
19 Feb 2015, 06:59
@AnnieD hope you got some more sleep
I had nightmares.....dont know what i hate more,sleeplessness or asleep but frightened to bits! :confused:
19 Feb 2015, 07:53
Ooh dear @CandiceMarie do you often have nightmares? I 'm fortunate enough to only very occasionally have bad dreams but never nightmares. I usually have either fantastically interesting dreams (usually full of several complicated unrelated & very detailed dreams based around houses) or falling-down dreams (the one's that wake you up suddenly). Sometimes when I wake up I really want to get back into them & am disappointed when I can't!
Hope your nightmares stop soon xxx
Previous 1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 Next
1198 posts Page 76 of 80