The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

334 posts Page 20 of 23
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 Next
Re: Really Short People Tent
02 Mar 2014, 09:11
ALERT ALERT, THERE'S A BUMP IN THE SIDE OF THE TENT AND IT IS LIFTING UP :shock: :shock: :shock:
02 Mar 2014, 15:27
Panic over, it's only me :geek: ..... struggling to find the door flap. Gosh, it's dark in here, just realised you are sleeping. Must remember to carry my torch ....... :smile:
02 Mar 2014, 17:30
Big yins! Makes me laugh Bal, :grin: :lol: :lol:
27 Apr 2014, 10:54
Anybody growed any taller yet?...me neither xx :doh: :dazed: :?:
27 Apr 2014, 11:20
Nope, this tent has been in hibernation for a while hasn't it? I keep telling myself that is why I am struggling, I just need to grow another two inches. Anyone want to donate? :lol:
27 Apr 2014, 11:27
Can i join please i'm 5ft 1" and it's a pain in the neck! i only have to put half a stone on and i look considerably fatter :oops: oh well nothings going to change so i better stick to the 5.2 :grin:
27 Apr 2014, 11:29
Welcome Jan. I'm 5'3 and yesterday someone told me they wish they were as tall as me. First time in my life anyone has said that. She was 4'11.
27 Apr 2014, 11:30
I guess at just under 5'6 I'm too tall to be here but I thought I'd take a sneaky peak.
Might have to start an average height tent. Yep that's me just average.
27 Apr 2014, 11:30
Ah yes Janpartly, sounds as though you have what most of us in here suffer from! You are losing well though, so something is working for you!
Sorry Wino, you are far too tall!!! Please feel free to pop your hear in though!
27 Apr 2014, 11:42
Welcome@janpartly come right on in to the Teeny Tent!
And@rawkaren that made me laugh..i have a friend who's 4' 11 and she wd love our few extra inches too!
@Debs i need to grow to about ten feet tall to be in proportion :lol:
27 Apr 2014, 11:50
Thanks ladies
My mum was 4ft 11" and i expect that as i grow older i will shrink :curse: i don't want to be the same width as i am height :grin:
27 Apr 2014, 11:54
I am shrinking as we speak jan! Down half an inch or so to about 5'2
Scary..just means i get more like a barrel every day :shock: and even harder to drag my big butt behind me! :lol:
27 Apr 2014, 13:02
Can I join this tent pleeeze
I was 152cm but think I have shrunk to 151 cm
It's so,hard loosing weight wen one is short,we have to eat so much less than our taller friends
There is one plus ,wen I tell people what I weigh they think its so little .except according to dr herring of fast 5 I should weigh 100 pounds.....I don't think so!!
Anyway I don't have a lot to lose,I did 5/2 last year and lost a few kilos .it took a very long time and then I gave it up and regained the weight.so I am back.
It seems to take me much longer than others...probably due to age and height
28 Apr 2014, 03:49
Debs wrote: Nope, this tent has been in hibernation for a while hasn't it? I keep telling myself that is why I am struggling, I just need to grow another two inches. Anyone want to donate? :lol:

Come on, people, let's see some short pride around here! Remember how you can get comfy on a plane seat when no one else can? Have you noticed that people think you are younger than you are (not good if you are 8, but nice for lots of us adults)? I was googling for more advantages when I found this:
http://allwomenstalk.com/9-advantages-of-being-short

Also, @Janpartly, my daughters are both 5'1" and I tell them "look how tall you got!" They laugh, but I think they do feel tall next to their 4'10" mom! And I tell my 5'8" son, "you could have been 5'2" like your great-grandfather - count your blessings!"
Any short people here?
13 Jul 2014, 10:05
Any short-arses in the house? :grin: I'm 5ft1 and I've found that being short effects my weight loss efforts in the following ways:

1. I need to weigh much less than my peers to be considered healthy. Some people freak at this without understanding.
2. When I gain weight, it shows on me - fast!
3. When I lose weight I can wear kiddies' clothes (in your face VAT!)
4. My TDEE is low :starving:

I'm finding it slightly more challenging being a shorty. For instance, not being able to eat the same size of meals as my peers (even on NFDs), and having further to go so my body looks 'proportionate'.

Humph..
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 Next
334 posts Page 20 of 23