The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

334 posts Page 17 of 23
Previous 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23 Next
Re: Really Short People Tent
22 Jan 2014, 07:54
What what @wendyjane? Casting aspertions on my neck of the woods? :wink: It's always summer here at least :confused:

I don't think our miners these days have it too bad if you saw the living conditions and the food they get, but that attitude was very reminiscent of that towards anyone indigenous as well.

Haven't calculated my calories today as I've filled up on fat I think and haven't actually eaten much!
22 Jan 2014, 14:59
carorees wrote: why not plug your numbers into the prediction tool that P-JK created? You'll find it stickied in resources and links. resources-links-f3/estimate-your-weight-loss-t8543.html

Thanks for the suggestion - will try that for sure

Edited to share results from the model

According to the model, my average weight loss per week is around 250g and I should lose these 2-3 pounds within 6 weeks.

This is much slower than the rate of my initial weight loss and I suspect it's because I have a signifcantly lower base to lose from now, 25 pounds lower, and I have increased my TDEE from 1200 to 1300 as per the calculator here.

I'm going to cut back to 1100-1200 calories on my feast day with the hope of settling at my target within 4 weeks. Plus I know I had a set back this past week being on business travel, where I certainly went over 1300 a couple of days, so I just need to be careful

Thanks again!
22 Jan 2014, 15:03
wendyjane wrote: Indeed, we might both have to be sad, @Jeninboston. I'm thinking I'll continue with 5:2 for maintenance, but one day will be a strict fast day, another will be a modified one - maybe 6 -700 calories. I would hope that would be "good enough" to allow me to stay the same weight.

PS Getting much snow?

I'm not sure this would be sustainable for me, and I don't know if this is an old wives tale, but wouldn't eating such a sustained low calorie intake have a negative impact metabolism, slowing it down? :?: I'm going to plug my numbers in as @carorees suggests and see what that says. :geek:

Ps - lots of snow overnight and the forecast is for more today! how am I going to get my 10,000 steps in to feed my fitbit! seriously thinking about getting a treadmill :grin:
22 Jan 2014, 18:23
Debs wrote: What what @wendyjane? Casting aspertions on my neck of the woods? :wink: It's always summer here at least :confused:

I don't think our miners these days have it too bad if you saw the living conditions and the food they get, but that attitude was very reminiscent of that towards anyone indigenous as well.

Haven't calculated my calories today as I've filled up on fat I think and haven't actually eaten much!

While looking for the source of that quote, I found excerpts of a book entitled "The Best Liberal Quotes Ever". This guy Baer, surely an American, also said "the rights and interests of the laboring man will be protected and cared for not by our labor agitators, but by the Christian men to whom God in his infinite wisdom has given control of property interests of the country." I'm not a fan of political correctness, but at least people who still hold attitudes like these (and there must be some out there) are less likely to actually say things like this!
22 Jan 2014, 18:30
jeninboston wrote: I'm not sure this would be sustainable for me, and I don't know if this is an old wives tale, but wouldn't eating such a sustained low calorie intake have a negative impact metabolism, slowing it down?

Confused - I've been sustaining 5:2 for getting near a year now fairly easily, and clearly it isn't very low calorie, since I'm no longer losing. So if I do a somewhat more relaxed 5:2, it shouldn't be hard... Are you finding 5:2 that hard, @Jeninboston?
23 Jan 2014, 01:09
Very scary indeed @wendyjane, but there are still people out there who have that attitude unfortunately :confused:

Bit worried someone with big size 12 boots is going to march across the camp site and squash our little tent! We need some big streamers to hang outside announcing our presence! Funny how camping says different things to different people, glamping?! Outdoor muddy festivals always springs to mind for me!
23 Jan 2014, 02:32
wendyjane wrote:
jeninboston wrote: I'm not sure this would be sustainable for me, and I don't know if this is an old wives tale, but wouldn't eating such a sustained low calorie intake have a negative impact metabolism, slowing it down?

Confused - I've been sustaining 5:2 for getting near a year now fairly easily, and clearly it isn't very low calorie, since I'm no longer losing. So if I do a somewhat more relaxed 5:2, it shouldn't be hard... Are you finding 5:2 that hard, @Jeninboston?

No, i don't find 5:2 hard ... I think I misunderstood your post -

I thought you meant fast 2 days (@500 calories) and the other days @700 calories ... this I thought would be scary!! :shock: :shock:

I went back to re-read and see that that's not what you meant!
23 Jan 2014, 04:55
jeninboston wrote:
wendyjane wrote:

No, i don't find 5:2 hard ... I think I misunderstood your post -

I thought you meant fast 2 days (@500 calories) and the other days @700 calories ... this I thought would be scary!! :shock: :shock:

I went back to re-read and see that that's not what you meant!

Aaah!! Good!
23 Jan 2014, 11:52
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 395&type=1

This has just come up on my FB feed from a vertically challenged friend! Thought the folks here might appreciate! :lol: :wink:
23 Jan 2014, 11:58
That's brilliant!
23 Jan 2014, 12:06
@silverdarling - brilliant, love it!! :heart: :heart:
02 Feb 2014, 03:38
Ok, All you new shorties out there. An invitation to join the Really Short People Tent!! :grin:

We know we all have our special problems, cupboards built too high, trying to climb in and out of Hiluxes, that sort of thing :lol: . But there may be other issues, for me, trying to shed those last few kgs, which may be to do with height, shape, age etc.
So come and share if you are under 5'3", or 1.524cm in newfangled metric thingies!
09 Feb 2014, 13:15
Phew, at last I finally found you peeps, I thought the tent had been blown away by a storm :thunder: or the UK entrance flooded out : :rain: :umbrella:

Hello everyone, please can I join you :smile:

I'll grab a lovely cup of builders and read this thread.

My creds are a smashing 5ft2" at a proud stretch.
I'm doing 5.2 - I don't calorie count as I have an aversion to maths - I have cut out the following carbs and reduced portion sizes:
bread,
potatoes (replaced with mashed celeriac with horseradish instead), pasta,
rice (replaced with yummy cauliflower rice).
Fortunately I don't have a sugar fairy to temp me.
So it seems to be working for me.

I weighed myself on 30th December for the first time in about five years, 10stone 7lbs WHAT!!!!- :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :announce: :shout: :shout: somehow my brain thought I was 9 stone. So taking the bull by the horns immediately, here I am. Drinking lots (and I mean lots) of tea in the really short peeps tent. I also have naughty, advanced arthritis in my knees for someone my age, as my consultant told me two years ago. So my knees are going to give me a huge thumbs up :like: :like: somewhere along this journey.

Off to read the thread.....
Lizbean
09 Feb 2014, 13:35
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post on the Fast Day forum so I thought I may as well be among fellow vertically-challenged fasters! I am 60 years old, 5ft 0ins and weigh 9st 9lbs (135lbs, no idea what that is in kgs).

I have been 5:2ing almost since The Beginning, August 2012, but went a bit astray last summer when the lovely weather encouraged far too many bottles of cold crisp white wine in the garden... with associated nibbles etc etc :cool:

I would really like to join the Easter Challenge as I have a wedding to attend the week after. My aim is to lose 13lbs.

Looking forward to making new like-minded friends. :heart: and well done to Valentines challengers!
09 Feb 2014, 13:58
Hello and welcome prunella. Say hello in the SMART Easter challenge tent and you'll get added to the list.
Good luck which you won't need as you know this works!

:clover:
Previous 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23 Next
334 posts Page 17 of 23