The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

193 posts Page 6 of 13
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13 Next
Oh Scotty, I really hope you make it through your pain without a massive weight gain, my money us on you, so go for it girl, good luck

Ballerina x :heart:
Thanks Ballerina, I'm trying but I find it so hard on my own when the pain & mobility is this bad - I just want to comfort eat especially chocolate. Well they say with the endorphins it releases chocolate's a good pain killer - well don't think it would pass medical investigations lol :lol: but that's my excuse.
Tomorrow is my 1st fast day of week but think I might push it back til later in week to see if I can get over this flare up.
Hope tomorrow works for you, by the way where are you in Scotland? It's fine if you don't want to say but if we have another Edinburgh meet it would be nice if you could make it

Whay hey! I have got the men in my onboard with the fasting again. I think it was me telling them that I wasn't going to buy them any clothes in their newer size, so if they wanted clothes for our holiday in 10+ weeks they had better get rid of the tummy's. I also have the lads on board about surreptitiously cutting hubby's sugar down in the hope that as he won't be getting the unhealthy calories his appetite will return and he will start eating proper food in bigger quantities, and as a side effect lose his tummy as well.
Well, that's all good news Julie, hope you have a lot of success, good luck

@Scotty I would say that the 5lb in a week increase was very probably just water retention. Your body trying to defend joints and muscles by packing extra fluid around them. Plus inflammation causes the same reaction. Its very doubtful that you managed to eat an extra 15,000 kcals in just a week for that much gain. Though a good meal out with plenty of booze could add an extra pound or two. I know that I can put on 6lb in a day if I eat too much wheat, too much in my case being a sandwich for lunch and pasta for dinner.

I wish I was like my hubby, when his pain gets too much he stops eating (He has chronic Rhumatoid Arthritis and is in a wheelchair for much of the time).
Hi all, I am rejoining as well. I am too lazy to go back and re-read 6 pages of notes here (unless I get bored at work this week;~)), but I am jumping in.

I have decided to just do a 5:2 to start with. I do best fasting when I work and I only work 3 days a week, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. So my fast days, for now, will be Tuesday and Friday. Once I get good at it again, and the loss slows to a crawl, I will switch the fast days to Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

I have IBD (Ulcerative Colitis), which for the most part is in remission, for the most part. Right now I am having a minor flare (a string of stresses since December have nudged it a bit). When I am in a flare, I do best to get my fiber from fruits and veggies and bypass most grains. So I will be adding that to the "diet" mix for now.

Tomorrow will be my first real fast since before Christmas. I have tried numerous times, but not succeeded. I am a little excited this time though to get back to it.

thrilled to have found this tent!
p.s. I have forgotten how to subscribe to a forum, could someone help me please?
Hi Start againers!!!!!!!!!
I've just come back from a long bank holiday weekend. Had a brilliant time, but where we stay has no internet connection. So basically it forces adults and kids alike to ditch the phones, ipads etc... and communicate with each other and play the variety of outdoor games that saw me through my childhood. Brilliant stuff and the great weather we had really helped. So I'm fully recharged and raring to go, fasting today and I've a bit of catching up to do on the forums.

Scottie, I'm delighted for you that you've entered the healthy range of BMI.
I'm sorry to hear that your condition has flared up on you again. Hope it's easing now.
You're overall weight loss has been fantastic so if you find it hard to fast when you're not well perhaps you should ease off for a few days and just keep in mind the bigger picture. It's the long term, not short term gains that we're really seeking.

Julieathome. That's brilliant that you've got your family on board. If you're the chief chef, which lets face it most of us are, it should make life a lot easier for you. I'm in a different boat as my kids are still young so I'm still hiding the fact that I'm fasting. I'd rather dieting not be discussed for as long as is possible in our home. And my husband is one of those annoying people who only eats when he's hungry. In fact he's been fasting unknown to himself all his adult life as he often only eats one meal a day, never more than 2.
So I'm all my own on the fasting front, so thank God I have this wonderful community for support :smile:

Hi deMuralist
Delighted you found us.
As you can tell a lot of us are starting again and there's great support here to help you through any sticky times.
Hope you have great success time round .
Good Luck :clover:
Thanks for the welcome.

Today was my first fast day back. So far so good. I just need to make it to bed time in 3 hours without eating anything else. Not hard really, as I tend not to eat after dinner. I have several very nice teas I will work my way through.
yesterday was a very successful fast day, not just because I kept under my 535 calories, but because I didn't feel desperate or go on a scavenger hunt through the pantry. Mentally and physically a very good day.
And here's to many more! Well done!
Cutting hubby's sugars seems to be working. He was actually ravenously hungry today. So although its a fast day I gave in and made him a sandwich. He does generally only eat one or two meals a day, but since giving up smoking he has put on about a stone, most of it around the tummy. Its not helping his joint pain to be carrying the extra weight so he's joining us 2 days a week out of 3 fasts. Today is my second fast of the week. I have been having trouble with workouts though. I'm finding that I am hitting 'the wall' when doing cardio and I have no strength exercises to do until my surgeon gives the all clear. So gym is feeling more and more of a waste of time. It could still be post operation healing taking it out of me though. I've been told that full healing will be 2 years, I better not tell my gym instructor that or he won't advance me.
Weigh in update. 7 1/2 lbs lost in 16 days. My target of 10lbs before August seems to be well in the bag. It should start slowing down now of course, but I'm happy with that kick start. I think switching to skimmed milk helped. As on my fast days I still drank full fat milk in my teas and trying to fool myself that it was only 100kcals worth. When in reality it was probably over 300 or 400kcals.
I have dropped all milk in my teas on fast days, (I am drinking iced) I do have cream in my morning coffee, but I weigh it so that I don't slip a little extra in. I will probably do the same on non-fasting days just to get used to the taste.
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13 Next
193 posts Page 6 of 13