The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

703 posts Page 38 of 47
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 47 Next
Hi all, and thank you @loversghost for sticking your head around the door and offering support. Support and encouragement is what this forum is all about isn't it?

There are a few of us just above a normal BMI and struggling to move any further. But I refuse to be deterred, but as I am going on holiday I am a bit worried about destroying all my low carb hard work. I want to be careful but not to completely deprive myself.
BINGO @loversghost the intention behind this tent. By the way remind us how you chose such a lovely name
Thank you @loversghost for the support that's always welcome and so are the visitors as for the slow weightloss for me that's welcome too, this week it was 300grams now if I got that for the rest of the year I'd be very happy indeed we've all got to slowdown eventually and from here on in any loss is a bonus that's how happy I am with my achievements and new body shape. :victory: :victory:
@Debs For my holiday I'm just going to do the best I can plenty salads + veg if available fish + chicken and go as low carb as I can depending on what's on offer.
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
gillymary wrote: BINGO @loversghost the intention behind this tent. By the way remind us how you chose such a lovely name

It is the name of a folk song by Vaughan Williams that I love - it's just called 'The Lover's Ghost'. That's all!

I'm not sure how to tag people but to @Debs and @Sue.Q - I would just enjoy your holidays when they come. I ALWAYS pack the weight on when I eat more carbs but this last time it fell off when I got back AND I know that if I get back into fasting etc it will go. I used to fear (really) overeating on holiday (and did it anyway and then hated myself for it) but nowadays I feel I am in control of what I eat, not the other way round. And I have been overweight/obese since I was about 9. Hope you both have a fab time!
@loversghost click the tag box above type in username check the preview box if gone blue bingo job done then submit, providing you've spelt it correctly PS in post reply box not quick reply. :clover:
Always enjoy my hols because that why we have them life's to short not to. :heart:
I am definitely taking the scenic route! Before Easter I got into the 13 stone range (OK 13.13 but at least it was there!!) then a holiday to India, back 3 weeks now and I am 14.6! Despite two good fasts and four 'failed' ones, I just can't seem to get my act together. I do really well during the day of a fast and then end up having a wine and then ravenously eating! I have been looking at the 16:8 tent, the Low Carbers tent, and whilst reading the posts and feeling inspired, I then proceed to sabotage my day!
Last year I did really well but I have reached 14 stone and my body just doesn't want to do any more. I am still 4 stone overweight, with a long way to go, yet I go up and down the same 7lbs and have done since last November.
It's not that I don't know what to do, I have re-read MM's book, plus others on cutting out sugar, low carb diets etc.etc.
I think that I am just having a miserable day.. and I feel lost!
Sorry, moan over, I just wanted to write down my frustration, and I know that this forum is so helpful and supportive and it doesn't matter that I am having a bad day.
HJ :pissedoff:
Ditto@hilaryjaneit's exactly the same with me. No words of wisdom I'm afraid. Just to say you are not on your own. Chin up and soldier on. :smile:
Chris x
It can be frustratingly slow, the thing is to keep going. It will come right again. Try to give up the wine as it is known to weaken your will. Just tell yourself you can have it tomorrow. You are not banning anything just reducing the amount. If weight loss were easy there would be no over weight people! New week on Monday to start again and you will soon wave goodbye to the 14 stone bracket.
Thanks Chriso57 and Bobshouse
I just was a bit down earlier today! I know the wine weakens my will power and you are quite right I can always have it tomorrow!! :smile:
Thanks for the support and kind words
HJ
Sooo tired can barely keep my eyes open (three grandsons on the loose today) and all sorts of quick rubbish eaten to keep body and soul vaguely together. By 5pm tomorrow harmony should have broken out and peace will once more reign (please god) and I will aim for a Monday fast to reset the balance.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
This tent needs an airing.
I am going round and around in ever decreasing circles. Anyone else know that feeling?!
@hilaryjane i could have written that post of yours word for word practically ..so i totally completly empathise. X X
I am dizzy with trying to work out what to do for the best .. I feel just basic 5:2 is the way forward for me, and am ok ( ish) with the fasts but its not easy,i get so hungry at times and have to calorie count to lose.
I' m glad @gillymarycame up with this idea ..i get impatient but it cheers me up a little to think i can do it the scenic way. I guess we have to try to enjoy the journey rather than wanting to rush to the destination.
@Debs tho yr prob is very different from mine,i can see how frustrating it is to be near BMI but not quite there yet
Please enjoy yr hollybobs and have some treats xx just dont go mad and then when you get back yr BMI hopefully wont have gone up and you can scenically get it down that bit more that you want.
Ps yes, deffo feel am going round in circles x
@CandiceMarie I was doing all the right things and the weight loss just petered out, I wrote to Amanda Salis and she indicated I was lucky to lose what I did. She said plateau / famine effect was likely and just suggested feed up for a bit and get back on track. So I was onto the fact that unluckily I was going to have to do a longer journey. I figured I would not be alone and it was at a time where everyone seemed to be positive. So I thought we needed a place to be honest and say bluntly how we felt but also the scenic was giving a long slow trip a positive twist.

We can do this we just need to stay positive
I have been doing the 'Fast 5' way for the last three days (just to see if it would kick start my bod into losing again!! :smile: ) I find it is a little bit like when I started 5:2. I am conscious of feeling 'hungry' but not that ravenous feeling when you could eat anything. I have about two and half hours before I can get home to eat but I know that feeling hungry is not bad (and that I won't die from not eating!!) I have read the download of Dr Herring's book and a lot of it was like 5:2, only you do this 19:5 every day. I know that come the weekend that is not going to happen but I am going to plan for a 16:8 on Saturday and Sunday. The positive for me is that I won't have to think about what I can eat in the window, but as long as I am sensible and eat a variety of foods, I should be OK.
Looking at the 'Window Eaters' Tent, there are some who are successful with this way of eating and others not so. I would be happy to go back to 5:2, but I thought that desperate measures were called for :lol:
I'm just dreaming of getting down to the next stone level again..
HJ
Help,this route is too scenic.me, I like the short quick route.
I was directed to this tent as I am really struggling,second time around.last year I did 5/2 16/8 to lose those last few kilos
Have to say it did take ages but eventually I was happy with my weight,gave up,fasting and maintained for quite alike and then suddenly all came back
So for about a month now I have tried 16/8 or a smaller window.them when nothing happened I added fasting.so this week I have fasted twice and the rest of the time 16/8
Initially. I lost one kilo and then started going up and this morning after a really good fast i Am UP
Almost back to my highest weight
So tell me more about this famine thing cos I think that is what my over dieted body is doing
I plan to do ADF for awhile but feel a bit down today.
Previous 1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 47 Next
703 posts Page 38 of 47