The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

573 posts Page 3 of 39
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39 Next
Re: The 4:3 tent is up!
05 Feb 2014, 17:31
Hi there! I am just starting the WOE, and have planned my fast days to be Tues & Thurs. But the more I think about how my weekends go, I realize that for some time, I've naturally "fasted" on Sat & Sun, because I get so busy that I end up not eating anything till dinner. So I am thinking that I will officially do 4:3 and make my fast days Tues-Thurs-Sun. I can have Saturday as a normal eating day in case we go out, have company or whatever. If we do things over the weekend it's almost always on Sat.

My first fast was yesterday and I feel like I succeeded even though I had more like 635 cals rather than 500. I passed things up, made it till dinner, had no snacking after dinner -- success is mine! Tomorrow I will be closer to the 500 cals mark, I am sure.

:clock:
it's time!
05 Feb 2014, 17:40
I am doing the 4 3 fasting diet until I get to my target weight

Regards

Flo
05 Feb 2014, 18:22
Just started my 4:3 diet! My days are Monday, Wed, and Friday. I love having my fast days during the week because I like to let loose on the weekends! :like: :like: :heart: :cool:
05 Feb 2014, 19:06
:heart: Hi @Auriga I'm on my way back into this tent because my week off refeeding my body in the hope to confusing it into realising the fat as I reported on Friday.
Done 4 days of carb laden 3 meals each day and I can't take any more so I made yesterday a 18:6, Today I fasted and at the moment on target for my first 500 calorie fast in ages if this doesn't create confusion I don't know what will, and I will make Thurs + Fri 18:6 then my weekend
of normal days.
Betore returning to 4:3 starting on Monday so make way I will weigh-in as usual on Friday and report into your valentines challenge whatever the numbers. :heart:
05 Feb 2014, 19:20
Sue.Q wrote: :heart: Hi @Auriga I'm on my way back into this tent because my week off refeeding my body in the hope to confusing it into realising the fat as I reported on Friday.
Done 4 days of carb laden 3 meals each day and I can't take any more so I made yesterday a 18:6, Today I fasted and at the moment on target for my first 500 calorie fast in ages if this doesn't create confusion I don't know what will, and I will make Thurs + Fri 18:6 then my weekend
of normal days.
Betore returning to 4:3 starting on Monday so make way I will weigh-in as usual on Friday and report into your valentines challenge whatever the numbers. :heart:

@Sue.Q not to sound a daft but what is it to "refeed" your body? Sorry I feel silly asking but I've never heard of that
05 Feb 2014, 20:14
:heart: Hi @Daydreamer21 lol
Just something I picked up from this forum last week the starvation mode and set point, sometimes reset by stopping the diet for maybe a week refeed but not bingeing sessions for me I went back to a few extra carbs but had 3 meals each day I could only manage 4 days coz I felt awful so decided to go back to basics and do the "true " fasts which is obviously the way to go anyway. Think that's how it works maybe @carorees can put me right if she's on the night shift.
05 Feb 2014, 20:29
Yes, Sue has it in a nutshell.

Your body can rebel and undergo what one researcher in the field calls a 'famine reaction' after a period of weight loss. With fasting this seems to happen if you overdo things...too much fasting or continuous additional calorie restriction on non-fast days. How much is too much no-one knows and likely varies between people but a famine reaction is characterised by an insatiable hunger and finding fast days tough when previously they had been easy. The way out of it seems to be to take a break from fasting or scale it back and eat slightly over TDEE with healthy nourishing meals for a while. Again how long it takes we don't know, but if you feel better and try a fast day, if it is once again easy you're probably ok again.

It's only recently now we have many members who've been fasting for quite a while that we're beginning to get to grips with the need or otherwise of re-feeds.
05 Feb 2014, 20:34
Gosh, I hope that doesn't happen to me any time soon- I'm really enjoying 4:3 and the weight loss that goes with it :)
05 Feb 2014, 20:37
It would be good to do a survey of people who have experienced it to try to find out more. Don't know if we have enough people yet. I may start a thread soon...
05 Feb 2014, 22:08
:heart: @daydreamer21 I've done 4:3 since my start last April plus on many weeks I've added 2 half/semi fasts have been fine doing this until xmas and now I can't find any answers so tried the refeed just to see if it shocks my body into release because I've not yet returned to my early December weight yet. :shock: Get praying. Lol
06 Feb 2014, 00:12
Hope there's room for another in here! I started doing 4:3 before I really realised it was "legal" - 5:2 was going well and I just wanted to speed thing up. Having got used to fast days, adding another in hasn't been a problem. Not sure if I'm a 16:8er as well - not worked that out yet - maybe should write down what I eat for a while just to check I am doing things right and then if any patterns emerge I can tweak to my advantage!
06 Feb 2014, 03:11
Madcatlady wrote: Hope there's room for another in here! I started doing 4:3 before I really realised it was "legal" - 5:2 was going well and I just wanted to speed thing up. Having got used to fast days, adding another in hasn't been a problem. Not sure if I'm a 16:8er as well - not worked that out yet - maybe should write down what I eat for a while just to check I am doing things right and then if any patterns emerge I can tweak to my advantage!

Yep its "legal" to do 4:3. It takes a while to learn what works for you. And great when the scales show off the good results
06 Feb 2014, 10:12
Madcatlady wrote: Hope there's room for another in here! I started doing 4:3 before I really realised it was "legal" - 5:2 was going well and I just wanted to speed thing up. Having got used to fast days, adding another in hasn't been a problem. Not sure if I'm a 16:8er as well - not worked that out yet - maybe should write down what I eat for a while just to check I am doing things right and then if any patterns emerge I can tweak to my advantage!

Lol @Madcatlady I did exactly the same thing and didn't know 4:3 existed, my first fastday was a "trial" this went so well for me and I did the next day plus an extra one later in the week, saying I can do this each week.
Two weeks later I found this forum and I will never look back great WOL great forum members. :heart: :heart:
06 Feb 2014, 11:00
I am again trying 4:3ing this week because I went over 500 calories on Monday by being tempted by a cake so fasted yesterday, & will again on Friday. I am stuck at the same weight but I don't feel especially hungry & managing fasting OK. I wish I could fool my body into moving again :confused:
07 Feb 2014, 19:00
Any of my fellow 4:3 able to offer advice- I've noticed my eating habits have changed, this week even more so. Not in a good way though, I'm finding it really hard to eat at all. Today was my 3rd fast day of the week and I had to FORCE myself to eat. I'm definitely under-eating on my non fast days as I just have no appetite any more. Am I possibly fasting too much? I don't want this to turn into something I can't control.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39 Next
573 posts Page 3 of 39