The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

573 posts Page 6 of 39
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 39 Next
Re: The 4:3 tent is up!
12 Mar 2014, 18:31
Hello fellow 4.3 ers. Hope all is well. Just checking in to say hiya and that I'm in the swing of mon weds fri fasting again. I do have a lunch date last Friday of the month so I Miya either do a back to back or just 16.8 it. That's the beauty isn't it no hard and "fast" rules ha ha excuse the pun.
12 Mar 2014, 22:30
To Auriga: Thank you so much!
Will try Amazon for these Psyllium things - never heard of them before.Can not wait to try it!
Does it stick to the pan after or goes out easily?
13 Mar 2014, 13:17
benchurki wrote: To Auriga: Thank you so much!
Will try Amazon for these Psyllium things - never heard of them before.Can not wait to try it!
Does it stick to the pan after or goes out easily?

I use coconut oil to grease the tin and it doesn't stick if you're using a non-stick pan @benchurki. :victory:
27 Mar 2014, 21:08
I am starting 4:3 (4 days off, 3 days on a week), and I finally found you! Now I'll go read all the posts I missed before I camp out!
27 Mar 2014, 22:01
@jujube Great was just going to bump for you
I'll be back on Monday all bye for now.
:clover: :clover:
28 Mar 2014, 15:36
See you on Monday, Sue. I hope everyone is doing ok today.

I start my first 4:3 fast today. Lots of milky tea to keep me going!
28 Mar 2014, 15:47
Just wanted to pop in and say I'm now a 4:3er. I'm on my 3rd fast this week and all is going well. Tried 4:3ing before a few times and for some reason I never managed 3 full true fast. I'm in a completely different head space now and I know I can do this. My days are Mon, Wed and Friday although next Monday I will be having birthday cake (turning 36) but will try to do a normal fast apart from the cake. Hope everyone's having a nice day. :)
Dee
28 Mar 2014, 16:46
Welcome to the 4:3 tent @justdee! At the moment I have my head in the ADF tent as trying to mitigate a trip to my friends' in a week's time.....could be damaging, but delicious! I love 4:3 it's great. :victory:
28 Mar 2014, 18:13
Happy early birthday Justdee! Enjoy your cake!

Question: What made you guys decide to do 4:3? Was it because you weren't losing or not losing fast enough on 5:2? For me it was the science. All the science was really done on alternate day fasting or 4:3 (2 cheat days were allowed per month in Varady's study, and that averages out to fasting 3 x a week). The only science on 5:2 was The 2 Day Diet by Dr. Harvie, and that was 2 consecutive days of fasting at 650 cals with a portion controlled Mediterannean diet for the other 5, which is different than 5:2. So I decided to go with the form of fasting most of the studies supported.

I am so hopeful this will work for me. This is it for me; there is no Plan B. I HAVE to make it work!
28 Mar 2014, 18:53
@jujube I'm doing 4:3 this time because the 3 non fast days on 5:2 are just too many, by day 3 I'm over eating again. You're right about the science, just makes me feel better that I picked 4:3 :)
Dee
28 Mar 2014, 19:43
Me too Dee. Here is a link to the most awesome article I've read on the subject. Wow, it's a real eye opener and just confirms about the science.

I think it's great that 5:2 is working for so many people, but I'm so desperate to lose weight, I don't want to start experimenting. I want to go with the science. I'll probably use 5:2 for maintenance. Boy would I love if that worked!
28 Mar 2014, 19:50
Reviews of the studies by Varady mentioned in that article can be found in the lab. Longest study published is about 12 weeks. Waiting for longer term data. Meanwhile, various studies in rats and lean humans suggest you can overdo fasting. So I would worry about long term ADF or 4:3 until we know more.
28 Mar 2014, 20:49
I started out doing 4:3 because I wanted to lose weight quickly before a race. When I tried to switch to 5:2, I found it more difficult. I found fasts more difficult with more time between them. Also I like the rhythm of 4:3. I'm doing ADF at the moment, and finding it a bit relentless.
28 Mar 2014, 21:07
carorees, it's my understanding that Varady's various studies have been done on ADF for over a decade. You brought up a good point, but right now I'm more concerned with my obesity than the long term possibly negative results. And since there is just one or two studies on Harvie's own 2 Day Diet (which is different than Dr. Mosley's), who knows what the future can bring. I guess we can also say the same about following Weight Watchers or any other diet where radical, long term testing has not been done. So far people have seen more energy, drops in cholesterol and blood pressure, etc. on alternate day. I am reading Varady's book The Every Other Day Diet, and while I realize she is the author and won't bad mouth her own studies, the studies are there showing positive results.

Right now I'm so worried about my obesity (finally!)...that I'm going to do this and get these pounds off me. I signed up and dropped out of Weight Watchers three times already this year! It's insane; I just can't do it anymore.
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 39 Next
573 posts Page 6 of 39