The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

573 posts Page 36 of 39
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 Next
Re: The 4:3 tent is up.
23 Oct 2014, 07:01
Thank you @madcatlady "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" def got me through my fast yesterday and I do feel good and skinny today :wink:
Am having a healthy feed day today in prep for my fast day tomorrow....
"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" love this mantra :smile:
23 Oct 2014, 20:28
Glad to be of service @skinnyli

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
23 Oct 2014, 21:12
Whoop whoop! Happy today. 4:3 seems to have shifted some weight, have done 2weeks including a back to back each week which I wasn't too keen on but it was the only way to fit it in and I have lost 1.2kg this week!
Wierdly I put on 0.8kg last week so was not impressed but even more determined to keep going for at least a few weeks. So overall I am 0.4 down which is fine with me having gone nowhere since the beginning of August.
:grin: :lol: :like:
27 Oct 2014, 10:32
Hi All.... Well @hari_b on your weight loss thats awesome chick :like: .
Am very happy to be here today and fasting. It was my daughters 17th birthday on Saturday so I didn't make a day of it I made a whole weekend of it and I feel all bloated and puffy and I have gained a whole kg, but it was worth it. :shock: :grin: I feel a little PMS bloat as well so hopefully that can take some of the blame.
Am attempting a liquid fast today hopefully will do some damage control.... and hopefully will have shed this unwanted kg by Friday.
I actually made a shocking discovery yesterday.... I think I have set my goal weight too high. :?: I will need to adjust it downwards by 5 kgs which is not such a bad thing cause it just gives me more motivation to do this. I think part of my overly relaxed attitude on feed days is because psychologically I think I was telling myself I don't have that much to go but now well I will just have to try harder.
27 Oct 2014, 13:43
I am a 4:3er, but have been having trouble lately sticking to the fasts. Decided I needed to get active with others who are doing what I am doing and maybe get some support and advice.

It seems that on my fast days as soon as I put something in my mouth that I can't stop. Now it usually still keeps me under 1,000 calories but it isn't enough to lose weight.

I am thinking that I just need to stick to liquids (not necessarily no calorie ones) and keep away from food completely. Trouble starts when I am making my Honey his dinner. And even if I make it through the cooking part, I will usually foul it up in the clean up part.

I have quite a lot to lose and have lost 50 already. I think that it may be my body trying to re-adjust, so wonder if I should just do a 16:8 for a week or two and then start again. I am going on a long weekend with my BFF who is a serious foodie (and a skinny one at that). I don't seem to have any problems at all only eating once a day, but portion control has always been an issue for me.

Sorry that was a bit rambly, but in a nut shell, I am jumping in here to support and be supported. TIA.
27 Oct 2014, 20:53
@deMuralist. I'm guessing that you can't prep food for your lovely and have a smaller portion, or extra veg.
I have to shop and prep for a family of four and the best way to get through it is to plan ahead and concentrate on what I can have rather than on what I cant. So I log all that I'm allowed early on in the day so I know what to expect, then if I have some spare at the end of the day I know i can have some nice full fat yoghurt or chocolate. Maybe try this. And see how you get on, :clover:
28 Oct 2014, 14:41
thank you. no I am not good at portion control yet. And he actually eats quit late, compared to what I like, so I don't even eat with him. It is really just about breaking the habit of tasting while I cook and while I am putting away the leftovers.

I was doing quite well, but seem to have slipped into this pattern of nibbling past my 500. A habit I need to break basically.

I am feeling better today. Yesterday was a non-fasting day and I chose to hold off eating until 4pm, then just have a snack then and dinner later. So I was under control and even though I got hungry at 2:30 I pushed through to my goal. This success should help me know that I can do it today on a fasting day.

I have started the day with teas, so zero calories. I don't eat at work, so I won't be home until 4:30. I have all day to decide what I am going to do then. I am going to be browsing some of the recipes on this forum to pin something down.
01 Nov 2014, 00:37
@deMuralist, I,like you, you lose control if I eat anything in the day when I fast, however when I make it to suppertime I am fine with just my meal, and since the first few weeks I have stuck to the same meal every fast day.
It helps me to know what I'm going to have and that it is always the same. Fish baked in foil with a bit of stock and a big pile of veggies. Its really filling and puts an end to any hunger. I don't know how many calories it is, but I guess its less than 400, allowing me all the tea and coffee I want during the day. I eat quite late and usually have an early night which also helps prevent boredom snacking!!
I have done 4:3 for 3 weeks now as a short term way to kick start my stagnant state, and it has worked. My main problem has been fitting it in to my week and consequently have done a back to back every week which has made me very bad tempered by the end of the 2nd day!
So I am going to try alternate day fasting over the next week before going away next weekend for 4 days where I just want to have a break without ruining what I have achieved so far. I think I will cope better than I have with the back to backs which are miserable.
This woe is very adaptable and does work, we just need to re think how we are doing every now and then
:heart: :geek:
01 Nov 2014, 12:45
I had not thought to just do the same basic meal every DD. That is a great idea. Especially the way you are doing it because I can change up the fish, the veggies, and the spices and it will be different but the same. It also will get me the 3 fish a week I am trying for without forcing my husband to eat as much since I really like fish and he doesn't.

I do my fast days (the DD stands for Down Day or fast day) on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday every week, this allows me to change Thursday for Friday if I need to without having to do 2 back to back.

For this trip I am taking this weekend I am going to try to just do one meal a day, and maybe just a very small snack while everyone else eats the other meals. Hopefully all the walking we are doing will help keep me close to where I am without totally breaking my progress.
02 Mar 2015, 10:32
Hi
Is this tent still up?
I've just finished the 6 week Way of Eating program. Our last meeting is tonight. I would like continued support as I have a further 43kg to lose and I my current BMI is 38.9.
From looking at various posts around Fast Day, it seems people seem to achieve a slightly quicker weightloss using 4:3 rather than 5:2. I would love to have some company in my journey over the next year.
02 Mar 2015, 10:39
Hi there, Sandy! Good to see you here to continue your 4:3. I'm maintaining rather than losing but 4:3 is my chosen pattern as it suits my life so well.

I look forward to following your progress.
02 Mar 2015, 14:40
Hello, I will keep up if you will!

4:3 is my chosen track (when I am on track). Generally I always get 2 in but sometimes life messes with the 3rd fast.

I have lost 50 pounds total, and 30 of that was with 4:3. My BMI has dropped from 43 to 36.8. I am not breaking any speed records, but I am also not 100% compliant. I am in this for the long haul, trying to lose quickly is what got me to where I was.

Excited to join you on this journey.
02 Mar 2015, 15:05
@deMuralist, @Sandy119kg, earlier this year Yoni Freedhoff of weightymatters posted a 7 year chart of the weight record of one of his clients:
This Is What 7 Years of Real-Life Weight Management Looks Like
http://www.weightymatters.ca/2015/01/this-is-what-7-years-of-real-life.html

I like it because it's real world, real life, intriguing, has plateaus, and shows progress over time despite the far from straight line. It reveals the point of finding something we can live with and emphasises that it is always the long-term that matters, and thus what we can live with, not the pace of weight change.

The fact that her loss is anything but a straight line is pretty damn normal because truly nothing in life is a straight line.

What's not normal, or at least what isn't common, is that year and a half segment from the fall of 2008 through the spring of 2010 where her weight pretty much stayed the same. Not that people's weights can't or don't stabilize, but rather that most folks who are trying to manage their weights tend to give up if the scale doesn't keep going down.

Of course had she given up back then she probably wouldn't have gone on to lose 50 more pounds and may well have regained the 35 or so she had lost before her weight first stabilized.

Weight loss is about embracing your own personal best.

My favourite takeaway (my emphasis):
All this to say, and I've said it before, success is about consistency, embracing imperfection, and being proud of your best, where your best is the healthiest life that you can enjoy living, not the healthiest life that you can tolerate.

Her best, and yours, are great, and scales can't help you to determine what your best is.

So, at different points, ADF, 4:3, 5:2 or a daily eating window might be what works for us. The pace might not suit our emotional needs or arbitrary events, but if it's what we can live with at the same time as enjoying/coping with the other areas of our lives - then it's the appropriate schedule at the time.
03 Mar 2015, 03:11
Thank you so much for that. I sometimes feel like this is going sooooo slowly. (I totally admit that it is slow because I am lax). My high weight was from April 2011, so 5 years ago. And I have recorded the weights along the way, and obviously it is a downward turning graph, but it is pretty darn jaggedy. But I keep trudging along, because I really have found something I can keep up with or at least very easily get back to. Unlike previous 'diets' where once I go off the wagon my mind seems to understand that wasn't the one I need and will not let me get back on that wagon, with IF there are enough versions and it is flexible enough to be a life long commitment. It can work with what ever food issues I have at any given point (currently on an IBD_AID=Inflammatory Bowel Disease-Anti-Inflammatory Diet) and still be able to do a version of fasting to lose weight.
03 Mar 2015, 07:28
Hello sandy, yes Im a 4.3er, I'm maintaining at just above goal weight at present obviously not been disciplined enough. :cry:
Having said that monday fasts are always the easiest and most rewarding for me. I'm currently enjoying that empty morning after feeling,
4.3 is great it's like ADF during the week, then I can let my hair down at the weekend. I don't like having more than three consecutive days of non fasting, that's another reason I do it.
Glad to see some new faces around here.
See you all soon, Wednesday maybe!
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 Next
573 posts Page 36 of 39