573 posts Page 33 of 39
Previous 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39 Next
Re: The 4:3 tent is up.
17 Sep 2014, 06:45
:) I'm moving my stuff in now :)
17 Sep 2014, 09:39
@minsmum You're in!!!! lol
The only reason I do 4:3 instead of ADF is the weekends I prefer to keep them fast free, and yes that includes a Fri evening
so usually means back2back days which I'm fine with too.
However I forgot I was out two days this week and overindulged yesterday so 5:2 plus 16:8 only for me this week and will choose accordingly with tomorrow's lunch in the hope I've done enough to at the very least maintain :clover: :clover: Sue
17 Sep 2014, 14:34
Thank you Sue it is wonderful and free....
Welcome Minsmum 4:3 is great esp when you have the weekends free that's what makes this WOL doable for me .
Have a ladies lunch on Friday so will do a back to back today and tomorrow :shock: hope I can do it I admire You Sue cause I struggle with that but I am really going to try...
17 Sep 2014, 16:53
Welcome @Minsmum as everyone said it is much easier to lead a 'normal' life on 4:3 as the weekends are free.
This week I cannot do a full 4:3 as I have lunch out with my sister today so it will end up being a 16:8 day (hopefully about 800 cals for the day) so not all is lost. This WOE is so flexible :grin:
Good luck everyone :clover:
17 Sep 2014, 17:28
Aww you guys are great welcoming me in. I work a lot of weekends ( shift worker) so don't really do a normal mon-fri life. Which is why, I think ADF suits me. Night duty fasting is good as I don't usually eat in the middle of the night anyways and then I just sleep the rest of the fast away.zzzzzzz. Plus and this is the big plus for me it controls my non fasting eating, and no TDEE counting which is even better.
If I have a social event I will miss a fast day (app it's ok to do this) then just pick up and carry on, not that i go out much :( I'm pretty good at arranging my scarce social life around my fasts, but I won't say no to a meal out because of a fast day! NEVER! This method works for me the best for a slow and steady weight loss, I am a happy ADFing bunny :)
22 Sep 2014, 09:48
Hello everyone.
Am happy to report that I had a very successful week of fasting last week but a really bad weekend of over indulging on bread, and chocolate and sweets it was really bad :curse:
So my strategy this week is damage control and I intend to do 4:3 and 19/5 but also low carb… so for this week I will try not to eat any carbs at all including fruit but will compensate by having loads of veggies. Am traveling this week for business and hate eating in hotels so hopefully this will help my plan of action...
The scale was the going down and I was so excited and then I sabotaged it all by pigging out… what is wrong with me! :frown:
So good luck fellow 4:hers for the week ahead.
22 Sep 2014, 10:09
Forgive Yourself @skinnyli NOW!!!!
I had a similar weekend went low carb did 18:6 minimum one at
20:4 yes all good but overdosed on chocolate as the chocky monster struck again big time, :shock: took a sneaky peak at the scales this morning and the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been so I'm making up for it this week before I pack my case for an upcoming holiday also wishing/hoping to make the
Springing into fall challenge before I go. :clover: :clover: :clover:
Forgive yourself (I have) learn from it, and move on immediately
22 Sep 2014, 10:34
Thank you Sue for your encouraging words.
I will take your excellent advice and learn from it…. I hope to be reporting back next week having had a better weekend.
22 Sep 2014, 13:56
@skinnyli, if it is any consolation I too had a horrible carb-filled weekend. I also intend to continue doing low carb this week in addition to my 4:3 fasting. Today is a new day at the beginning of a new week, so let's all go forward and downwards :wink:
23 Sep 2014, 10:42
Yes @Swan51 It does make me feel better knowing that it's not just me that makes crazy decisions regarding food choices..... You are absolutely right this is a new week and so far so good..... Strangely during the week I have no real issues with food it's the weekends that are my enemy!!
However this weekend I am going to make a concerted effort to ensure that I have prepared meals in advance and healthful snacks all ready to eat so I don't resort to rubbish like chocolate and chips and pizza.....
24 Sep 2014, 17:27
@skinnyli, I agree - preparation is the key. On the days when I know in advance precisely what I am going to eat I do so much better.
How is everyone else doing today? I am having a hard time keeping thoughts of chucking it in from taking hold. But so far so good -- coffee and tea only.
I hope everyone else is having a successful day :clover:
12 Oct 2014, 19:52
Hi everyone....so last week I made a decision to fast only 2 days and do 19:5 the rest of the week. Well am 1 kg heavier so clearly that's not for me. Needed a little break and know without a shadow of a doubt that 4:3 is definitely the way for me to go so from tomorrow am back on the wagon and into my Christmas challenge in full swing...only now I have 4kgs to lose by the end of the challenge instead of 3.....
12 Oct 2014, 22:43
Hi @skinnyli I'm sure that kg you put on last week will slide right back off as happens with all "new" weight. I, too found that 5:2 was not helping me to lose so I am sticking with 4:3 as it seems to be working for me with the Christmas challenge. I have also tweaked my TDEE downwards a little while increasing my activity level and all of that is working well. I wonder why my tracker is showing a TDEE that is too high for me? Anyway, good luck with your 4:3 fasting this week. Onwards and downwards!
13 Oct 2014, 10:38
Hi Sue thanks for the encouraging words…. I really hope the 1kg does slide right off that would be awesome.
Been feeling excellent on my fast today, cause to be really honest I felt absolutely terrible last week without the 3 fast days and it just felt like I was eating way too much and way too much of a good thing. Felt pain all over my body that I used to feel before fasting, was lethargic and constantly tired so the break was good for me to realise the true reason I fast. Yes I don't think 5:2 is for everyone and so far 4:3 as worked for so many of us and definitely for me.
I will take you plan of lowering TDEE into consideration because I keep forgetting that I am 6kgs lighter than when i first started out in May and perhaps I cant eat as much on my feed days as I once could :?:
I have increased my exercise as well so hopefully will be on track for the Christmas Challenge.
Onwards and downwards …..Amen sister
13 Oct 2014, 12:15
Hello fellow 4.3ers. I always forget that I belong in this tent. Been doing it so long now. It's easier now that I've dumped the booze. Friday's are a much easier fast day for it.
Previous 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39 Next
573 posts Page 33 of 39