The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

573 posts Page 35 of 39
Previous 1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 Next
Re: The 4:3 tent is up.
15 Oct 2014, 17:54
@SSure acrobatics is awesome you should really give it a try. It works the whole body strengthening, flexibility and cardio. I always leave there feeling like I have had such an awesome workout whilst having the time of my life. I used to do weight training everyday and aerobics classes for many many years but for the last 2 years have only done acro and some walking and am still pretty well toned.
@Swan51 oops misread that, but it was a good idea for me. You know I did Dukan for 3 months before ADF hated it but did it and lost a whopping 2kgs for all my efforts but I have not been able to eat carbs without it causing immediate weight gain since then. I know many who have the same complaint and even read an article on the MFP forums about a lady who actually had to repair her metabolism after dukan.
Don't worry about the 1.4lbs they will prob be gone after your spotless fastday :wink:
15 Oct 2014, 19:41
skinnyli wrote: @SSure acrobatics is awesome you should really give it a try. It works the whole body strengthening, flexibility and cardio. I always leave there feeling like I have had such an awesome workout whilst having the time of my life.
You've convinced me, @skinnyli. :like: I'm looking at a class that I might try on Monday (yikes). Starting out with handstands and balance work - and they don't mind if you need the wall when you're starting out. :) :cool: Monday's one of my regular FDs so that's a good way to spend the evening and with a mostly-empty stomach I won't run the risk of feeling at all queasy. :wink:
16 Oct 2014, 09:07
@SSure am so happy that you are going to give acrobatics a go you will not regret it….. Handstands and balance work are a good starting point before you know it you will be looking like a pro….. :like: Good luck for Monday I hope you enjoy it. :smile:
17 Oct 2014, 22:29
I am putting my toe into this tent, having lost 3 and a bit kg from May to July, I seem to have ground to a halt and put half of it back on :(
Went on holiday early August and was pleased that I still managed to do 2 fasts in the fortnight, went straight back to 5:2 after the hols but have just bobbed up and down a kilo since then and am now fed up with myself. I don't have much to lose but just can't seem to get there.
I know I am overdoing it on my feast days but can't seem to control that very well and started this in the 1st place so I could have some 'normal' food after years of low carbing (a sandwich still feels so wrong!)
So, my way round it is to try another fast day each week and am also sober for October!
I have managed 3 fasts this week but it was a bit of a struggle, I have managed 5:2 for nearly 5 months now so am hoping the extra one won't break me!
18 Oct 2014, 06:54
@winsome have a great trip, and maybe do what I've been doing and dare I say it, log all cals every day for a while. It's helped me no end.
@SSure, acrobatics, now that sounds fun. We are still looking at that cambridge meet up btw. I like to do different things. Have done insane terrain the past two yrs, check out our bean and oates thread. Not as clean as your new interest though.

Everyone else, it's great to see the usual encouragement and new 4.3ers too,
18 Oct 2014, 17:45
@hari_b, you're right in thinking doing 3 fasts per week is not easy. Life tends to get in the way because it usually involves bumping up against the weekend. But stick with it even though at first you may go over on a Friday by 100 - 200 cals or so. Eventually you will get to the point where it is easy to do and you'll be glad you stuck with it. Having that extra fast day each week certainly helps me out. Welcome to our little group.
19 Oct 2014, 09:24
hari_b wrote: I have managed 3 fasts this week but it was a bit of a struggle, I have managed 5:2 for nearly 5 months now so am hoping the extra one won't break me!
Hi @hari_b, I moved to 4:3 from ADF so find this a lot more liveable - maybe it's different in the early stages for people moving from 5:2 from 4:3 but it settles down :) I find it a very useful pattern as I always know that I'm fasting Monday, Wednesday and Friday and that works well with our sports and social commitments at the weekend, and I tend to time strength-training sessions or gym for the non-fast nights.

Good Luck. :clover:
20 Oct 2014, 22:04
Thank you for your support :-)

Week 2 of the new tent! Usual Monday fast done no problem despite being surrounded by birthday cake! Stick to the mantra 'you can have it tomorrow...)

Now being a Libran I can't make a decision as to when to put my 3rd fast in this week! I think I am going to have to go for Weds and my usual Thurs back to back as I want my cake tomorrow and i'm out on Friday and don't fancy Saturday (not a great reason I know!!)
I WILL do this :-)
21 Oct 2014, 15:13
Hi - I'm doing 4:3 in an effort to speed up the weight loss.
Have a bit of a dilemma this week: fasted yesterday (Mon) but not sure it will be wise to do tomorrow (Weds) as I am going to give blood (will also miss my exercise class afterwards) - so could do back to back Thurs and Fri as I can't fast at the weekend.
Any thoughts?
21 Oct 2014, 15:31
Personally I'd rather fast on the weekend than do back to back. I'm not a fan of back to back though...
21 Oct 2014, 15:39
Madcatlady wrote: Hi - I'm doing 4:3 in an effort to speed up the weight loss.
Have a bit of a dilemma this week: fasted yesterday (Mon) but not sure it will be wise to do tomorrow (Weds) as I am going to give blood (will also miss my exercise class afterwards) - so could do back to back Thurs and Fri as I can't fast at the weekend.
Any thoughts?
@Madcatlady, I'm the wrong person to ask although you're not, specifically. :)

In my experience of people doing ADF or 4:3, back-to-back fasts typically ends in a report of a binge/over-eating episode at some point as it seems to trigger feelings of deprivation/restriction. That said, it seems as if this is different for some 5:2 people who cycle this in as what they do. So, as you're a 5:2 who is planning to adopt 4:3 for a limited time, I've no idea if back-to-back would be OK for you.

That said, following a blood donation, and the 24-48hrs it will take you to make up the volume (NB, volume, not platelets etc.), it doesn't strike me as a good idea to do back-to-back immediately following a donation day tho' I'd have fewer reservations about a single fast day. NB, it seems @Egduf was OK with a single fast day after donating.
5-2-diet-f7/topic270.html
21 Oct 2014, 16:17
hmmmmmm - maybe I could do Saturday instead of back to back - if I'm at home...........
21 Oct 2014, 16:53
@matcatlady I personally never thought I could do a weekend fast but did my first one on Sat and it wasn't that bad. Kept telling myself it's only one day and I made it. However I think it's @Sue.Q who does back to back often and she doesn't seem to have a problem. See how you feel, if you can manage back to back then no harm done. Good luck
22 Oct 2014, 17:33
So today was my normal Wed fast but boy I came soooooo close to giving up am so glad to have this forum to read other success stories to keep me going.
Not sure why my will is waning but I cannot and will not give up this is a WOL am in it for the long haul.
Was just curious if anyone else in this tent has felt this way during their journey?
22 Oct 2014, 17:40
skinnyli wrote: So today was my normal Wed fast but boy I came soooooo close to giving up am so glad to have this forum to read other success stories to keep me going.
Not sure why my will is waning but I cannot and will not give up this is a WOL am in it for the long haul.
Was just curious if anyone else in this tent has felt this way during their journey?

I think we all feel like this occasionally @skinnyli - there are so many factors which affect our motivation - life events, state of our health, resilience levels etc. I went off the plan earlier this year for a few months and re-gained 9lb but then reached a point where I knew I had to get back on @CandiceMarie's horse!!

Well done for not giving up - hang on in there - my mantra is "nothing tastes as good as being slim feels" if that helps!

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
Previous 1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 Next
573 posts Page 35 of 39