The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1061 posts Page 3 of 71
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 71 Next
Re: The ADF Tent
28 Jan 2014, 14:40
ADFnFuel wrote:
Ballerina wrote:
nursebean wrote: Yes Beanarilla...you really DO love ballet!

Bean :smile:

My first and only true love......ah

Ballerina :heart:

And she can do it all on only one leg!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
28 Jan 2014, 19:49
I have my main meal in the evening. The time varies because our schedule does. I have two school age children who do various after school activities, and my husband doesn't get home until 20:00 most evenings. That's something that is easier on EOD than 5:2 - I haven't worried if I've needed to eat at 17:00 instead of 19:00.

In terms of what I'm eating, I decided I make life easy on myself this first ADF week; life here at the moment is massively hectic and every day seems to throw us another curve ball... Normally I wouldn't dream of buying a ready meal as I am a very keen cook, BUT I bought a few M&S fuller longer meals so that I don't have to think about the calories. Hand on heart, I'm actually pretty impressed! Possibly because my last experience of ready meals was the ones sold by a major diet firm :wink: The children were bemused to see me buying such stuff, but it's definitely helped. I also bought some M&S sour cream and chilli lentil crisps (90 cals a packet) which I LOVE. They aren't any different calorie wise to a packet of wotsits, but the spiciness is really satisfying. One fast day I had them in the evening as a late supper, and today I had them after a tough morning run.

As to the pudding question, I don't finish a meal with something sweet as a rule, although ideally I would have a glass of wine :wink: However, I do find a cup of ginger tea is good. I like pukka 3 ginger or Twinings settling ginger.

Oh, and I was wrong. Thought I started the EOD on Monday but it was Wednesday that I did my first fast. Monday must have been when I bought the book :bugeyes: my brain is too full and I can't keep track of the days :confused:
28 Jan 2014, 20:23
TBrewerton wrote: You can add stats into your progress tracker any day you like.

So for each fast/feast day combo you could post the average (meaning an entry every 2 days) if you wanted.

Sorry Bean I don't have a huge amount of data due to being away for work most of the first week and therefore unable to weigh.

For the past 2 fast days the following morning I have been on average down 750 grams. (1.7 Pound)

For the only Feast day I have on file so far I was up 500 grams (1.1 Pound)

That would mean an average loss of 250 grams every 2 days (.6 Pound) Yet I have seen a much bigger loss than this. Some of the first weight loss may have just been water weight etc.

I will let you know what My gain is tomorrow morning as it was feast day today.

@PennyForthem it is just calorie restriction like 5.2 @Debs just decided to take it to a whole nother level haha

Well I thought I kinda pigged out on some junk food yesterday yet my gain was still only 500grams as I mentioned above.

Kind of impressed by that.
28 Jan 2014, 21:19
I'm doing ADF until March 3rd and possibly beyond. Can I come in?
28 Jan 2014, 23:36
Please come in Suela57, it is a special expandable tent!

Well my weight shot up again this morning after yesterday's indulgences which is annoying as I didn't really want them to start with! We'll see what happens today after my liquid fast day!
29 Jan 2014, 04:20
Going to experiment before my evening meal tonight. Had a snack in the afternoon and going to have main meal for dinner but going to have a good go at exercise and see if its very brutal...

Krista says exercise on fast days is ok but best in morning followed by the snack and then lunch as the exercise can create hunger.

So I am hoping doing it before dinner will have that same result - create hunger and then be followed up by my small meal..

If it fails im just gonna be starving for a night - that I can live with :-)
29 Jan 2014, 04:43
Can I have a sleeping bag in here please? Started ADF this week and have done it before, but need some motivation to get stuck in again.
29 Jan 2014, 04:46
You can eat whatever you want tomorrow. Does that help? I am finding it a bit tricky today, very hungry but I am not going to give in to temptation and am going out to distract myself. I made the mistake of eating a nasty cheesecake before bed last night, that I really shouldn't have had but had it gratuitously and wish I hadn't!
Are you fasting today?
29 Jan 2014, 04:52
Yes it does help. Not fasting today, I did it yesterday and today I have had a bad carb day at the office. Just updated my blog, but I think they are trying to include me in the office culture by feeding me sugar - and I capitulated! Am also a bit tired today as have not fully time shifted. So looking forward to a good fast tomorrow.
29 Jan 2014, 08:36
I Managed to get in 11000 steps or around 8km walking before dinner. I made sure I stopped roughly 20 mins before dinner and that was about when the hunger started.

I ate dinner slowly chewing every mouth full till it was flavourless haha and after dinner I was fine - no hunger, a few cravings but that's just me normally...

At least I now know that I can do that amount of exercise on a Fast Day - looking forward to the scales tomorrow.
29 Jan 2014, 09:37
Well I'm a bit peeved today. Four fasts down (Wed, Fri, Sun and Tue/yesterday) plus exercise (5k approx running on Thu/Sun/Tue plus Pilates on Mon) and I weigh more today - post fast- than yesterday!

The only thing I can think is that it's totm related.

In any event, doing the ADF bit is fine so I'm determined to hang in here for a few weeks to see what happens.
29 Jan 2014, 09:46
Just popping in to report that I'm still 10.7 this morning, but lost 1/4lb since yesterday! 10.7.5 as opposed to 10.7.75.
I have ordered a new pair of scales for hub, as he doesn't believe our 2 other scales... how many pairs does one couple need? Mind you, the way he thumps them to turn them on, I'm not surprised they don't like him!
@rawkaren it'll take some adjusting to the new 'regime', but I think, eventually, you will win *them* over to your way of thinking!!
29 Jan 2014, 09:59
Hello all,
@TBrewerton, thank you for your exercise report, I was doing it in the mornings but have slacked off as I was so tired for a few days. How did you feel after your carb binge yesterday? I have been more hungry today weirdly.

That's no good @Winsome! Mine shot up today too but is your trendline still heading south?

@pennyforthem, please tell hubby that scale abuse will not be tolerated :wink: they can't be beaten into providing a lower total, or is he going for best of three?!!!

Ravenous at the moment, but I am determined as hubby has said we are going to Bali for my big birthday as we aren't going to Antarctica until next year. I want to go swimming and not feel like a whale!
29 Jan 2014, 10:02
rawkaren wrote: Yes it does help. Not fasting today, I did it yesterday and today I have had a bad carb day at the office. Just updated my blog, but I think they are trying to include me in the office culture by feeding me sugar - and I capitulated! Am also a bit tired today as have not fully time shifted. So looking forward to a good fast tomorrow.

Stay away from that evil 'white stuff'!!! Happy fasting @rawkaren, I am staying in the 4:3 tent (if there was one!) for now, just like to stick my head in here from time to time and see how you're all doing. Good luck everyone doing ADF. :clover:
29 Jan 2014, 10:02
@Debs what a wonderful reason not to feel like a whale. From my cousin's reports and photos, Bali looks amazing! Mind you, I'd quite fancy the Antarctic, all wrapped up and cossetted!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 71 Next
1061 posts Page 3 of 71