The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1061 posts Page 5 of 71
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 71 Next
Re: The ADF Tent
30 Jan 2014, 09:36
That's the thing Bean, I think the reason 5.2 got out of control for me over that period was the same reason I loved it - the flexibility.

"I can move this fast day, I will just have one tomorrow instead..."

That was what I thought I wouldn't like about EOD but I actually really like the structure - I realise it wont suit everyone (that's why 5.2 exists) but its really helped me create more structure - not only with feasting/fasting but in my exercise too
30 Jan 2014, 10:33
Hi there all!
Like your fancy pants graph Tim, looks very familiar! This not feeling hungry feeling is continuing, most odd!! Forcing down yoghurt and fruit tonight as I wandered into the mess to see what was for dinner. Uurrggghhhh!! It looked decidedly in edible, all apart from the home made bread which I decided to forgo. Talk about two steps forward, one step back!! I keep hoping I'll step on the scale and everything will have disappeared. Hasn't happened yet though!

I saw a girl with whom I worked a few months ago and the first thing she said was, gosh you're tiny!! I didn't think I'd changed that drastically, or maybe I'm shrinking with age :confused:

It's a British rail train, badgirl666, can't go over 20mph but it gets there!!
30 Jan 2014, 11:47
Ooh @Debs how wonderful to have someone tell you you're tiny!! Must have made your day...and shows I all this is working!

Bean :smile:
30 Jan 2014, 12:06
It was a bit of a surprise! I like her more now :wink:
30 Jan 2014, 12:30
Deb, I did laugh at "I like her more now" :lol: congratulations on the compliment :like:

Tim, ditto! You've summed up exactly how I felt when on 5:2 and how I feel on ADF. That 'I can fast tomorrow instead' was a killer for me. I'm really not struggling with the EOD thing at all, although I admit that I would like to see my scales moving a bit faster :confused: Past dieting history has generally shown that my body takes about ten days to show the effects of what I do today, so I'm hopeful. I weigh less today than yesterday (fasting today) so fingers crossed.

This morning's run was hard work on an empty tank, but I think that possibly that was because (due to bad weather) I delayed going out until late morning. I absolutely HAD to eat when I came in, so had a small banana. Long run scheduled for Sunday, followed by a slap up roast :wink:
30 Jan 2014, 12:45
Love the idea of a slap up roast!! But not in this weather! The heavens have just opened and we're bracing for another noisy night of storms!

Yes, I think you're right winsome, it does take a little while to see some action but hopefully it is heading in the right direction.

I might see what my daily calories are as I am not eating much and am getting a lot of calories from nuts which I am nibbling on just to make sure I am eating, otherwise I probably wouldn't bother.

I probably should point out that she was a nice person to start with, she has just gone up in my estimation!!
30 Jan 2014, 18:01
Debs wrote: It was a bit of a surprise! I like her more now :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: love the candour too Debs! I wonder if she realises what effect she's had on you :wink: :razz:

But make sure you're eating enough, girl! We don't want you wasting away to a mirage in the desert ... When is your next home break - must be coming up soon?
30 Jan 2014, 18:19
Yeah, that's why I did ADF to start with, I knew I'd start negotiating with myself and I'd end up postponing fasts. It's fine, I only changed to 4:3 because of the weekends really.

You do need to eat in between well.
30 Jan 2014, 20:03
OK - enough lurking I'm going to start on Sunday and give it a week and see how I feel about it.

I realise I've said that and actually have no idea what I am talking about - I assume its the same as 5:2 and is 500 kcals per fast day - what a Newbie!

Jenn
30 Jan 2014, 20:11
Yes, every other day badgirl666!!
Don't worry, you'll soon be an oldbie like the rest of us!!

Good luck xx
30 Jan 2014, 20:18
Thanks Penny - I've just looked at your progress chart, its very impressive.

We started at about the same time (but I took the last 3 months off, I'm calling it my Christmas break!)
30 Jan 2014, 20:20
Feel a bit scared poking myhead in here!
Mixing with the Bigger Boys!
In awe of you lot doing ADF :like: :like: :like:
30 Jan 2014, 20:33
Oh @Candicemarie it really isn't that difficult. You could always join us!! :dazed:

Well done @Badgirl666 good to see you've decided to join us. Just coming to the end of my fast today and looking forward to half an orange...I know how to live :wink:

Bean :cool:
30 Jan 2014, 20:36
Well done Beanybobs x
Will try it a bit further down the line
Only just really starting to come to terms with 5:2..its just about starting to become second nature! X
30 Jan 2014, 20:48
Badgirl666 wrote: Thanks Penny - I've just looked at your progress chart, its very impressive.

We started at about the same time (but I took the last 3 months off, I'm calling it my Christmas break!)

I forget it's public! Good luck with yours xx
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 71 Next
1061 posts Page 5 of 71