The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

524 posts Page 9 of 35
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 35 Next
Re: The WAGS tent!
22 Feb 2014, 11:38
can't upload my pics - says they are invalid???????hmmph!
22 Feb 2014, 11:59
Thanks @PennyForthem for your helpful advice. Poppy is due for her scan in March so I'll have a word with her vet then. I hadn't even thought about her being "senior" and Minnie is only 6 so I still think of them as young puppies. I don't know if you can tell but these are the first dogs I've ever had. I want only the best for them, especially after Poppy's illness...but I constantly struggle with their waistlines. Are your dogs forever looking for food...even when they've just eaten? They used to,have two meals a day until the vet said three would be better for Poppy's Crohns. So I guess they're small meals!

@Candicemarie ahh thanks so much for your kinds words. I've given Poppy a marshmallow hug...and Mins cos she doesn't want to be left out! And I actually meant to put "waggy friends"...I didn't even notice my blimin iPad had let me down again!

Thanks again for the advice. By the way, Pops is fine this morning, eating well, striding out on her walk. Very strange..but no bedtime biscuit tonight...she's gonna go mad!! :bugeyes:

Bean :starving:
22 Feb 2014, 13:12
Oh yes a hug for Min too @nursebean
Uh- oh tears before bedtime then,no biccy! Could she have a Dentistick instead? A dog ive
"dogsat" loved hers at bedtime. Glad Pops feeling well today x
22 Feb 2014, 13:25
Thank you @Candicemarie Min is very pleased! Dentastix? Yes I have those. The trouble is poor Mins can eat anything but misses out because there's no way I can give her a biscuit and not Poppy. Blimey, there'd be chaos in this household!! In fact she's getting all bolshey as I write this, demanding her dinner. Sadly, she's always half an hour too early..poor Pops

Bean :starving: :dog2: :dog:
22 Feb 2014, 13:40
Aah no it wd be too cruel wdnt it ..but yeh poor ole Min missing out on some goodies! I totes empathise with her when i get in the mood i' m in right now...where the devil on my shoulder is saying,youve done IF for six months,give yerself a break and have some treats today!
the angel on the other shoulder is going,no no no! You are 16: 8 ing today and dont you forget it Missy! No candy for Candy! ...Meh! :frown:
22 Feb 2014, 13:45
Poor Candy :(

22 Feb 2014, 13:49
Just for you no candy Candy

image.jpg
(23.37 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
22 Feb 2014, 13:50
I know! Its enough to drive me to drink! :confused:
Never mind,they can't take the music from us can they Beany! X
22 Feb 2014, 13:57
Oh Coward of the County!

Yippee yi yay

22 Feb 2014, 16:13
Madcatlady wrote: can't upload my pics - says they are invalid???????hmmph!

@madcatlady resize the pics because they are probably too big as they are.
22 Feb 2014, 16:18
nursebean wrote: Just for you no candy Candy

Bean,how did you know i look exactly like that! :grin: :lol:
I've got segs on my eyes trying to read the words on my ipad,but i get the gist of it! X :lol:
22 Feb 2014, 16:23
Ohhhhh my gosh! I am wearing very fluffy purple leopardy ..bottoms? Leggings? Pyjama legs? Not quite sure what category they fall in..the point is,they are so comfortable i forgot i had them on. Just been outside with recycling and dazzled several passers by..specially as i also am sporting a jazzy stripey multi coloured top :cool: :grin: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:
( note to self: maybe i sh'd wear this outfit for the meetup?) edit: further note to self: you meant to post this in Chatterbox Beanie ..... :?:
22 Feb 2014, 22:21
Hi all, 2 weeks ago we adopted a rescue dog about 1.5 yrs old. She's been great for the most part. She's crate trained, but today she chewed her way out (plastic crate)! Fortunately, I think we got home just after her escape, and no other damage done. Length of time in a crate can vary up to 6 hours (usually on the weekend when all of us go to the city to shop and eat). Anything we can do to help her get used to the crate?

She was a little shaky when we got home, but has settled down nicely with a treat. Advice greatly appreciated. :heart:
22 Feb 2014, 23:21
As one who crate trains all puppies (and they are all well balanced pooches!) go for a big metal crate. Put her in there after any activity, with a treat/command and leave her.
Feed/out/crate/play etc with treats and she will become accustomed. Plenty of play/exercise/rewards is the key.
23 Feb 2014, 03:10
Thanks so much @PennyForthem ! Books I have read didn't really have that much about that - or I had the wrong books!
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 35 Next
524 posts Page 9 of 35