The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

127 posts Page 3 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 Next
Hi! Can I join too, please? Even though it's already 9 May. :neutral:
I'm a newbie, although I lost 20 pounds on 5:2 in 2014, it's all come back on plus some extra padding after quitting the plan... (How foolish of me!)
Hoping to lose 8 pounds by 20 June.
Thanks! Xx
#16 @Ally5- of course you can join, we are really just getting started. Wants to lose 8 lbs.

And@justdee- congrats on the lost pound. Let's hope no one here finds it. :razz:
I had a good fast day yesterday. How is everyone else doing?
I also had a good Fast day Mon., with some almonds at lunch, salad with a little vinegar at supper/ also, lots of fluids. One of the few times I've been able to wait till next morning to eat breakfast. good work Piper.
Hello to old friends and new!

Please, please, please can I join the challenge????
I have once more let myself go to a ridiculous extent. That's the problem with being a comfort eater extraordinaire....
I need to get my mojo back...and accountability helps enormously, as does support!

On Monday 9th May I started my latest health-kick, following Michael Mosley's new blood sugar diet. Back in 2014, 5:2 worked brilliantly for me (lost very nearly 4 stone) - but I self-sabotaged and have piled all but 4lbs back on. I look terrible, I feel second-class....and summer is coming! I really really need a kick start - so am being quite tough on myself, ditching my dependence on carbs and sugar - which was totally out of control. Once I have got that under control, I should be able to trust myself to eat much more sensibly, most of the time. My aim is to return to 5:2 proper - once I have retrained my habits.

Does that make sense? As the saying goes....."know thyself". I know me....and I can be very silly where food is concerned! If I did 5:2 now, I would massively overeat on the 5 days, scoff chocolate & cakes, but be very good on the 2 fast days. One would cancel out the other and the weeks would go on like that til summer was well and truly over......& beyond. So I can't do that.

My method is 16:8 low carb Mediterranean food, together with my old friend Rosemary Conley's aerobics DVD. So far, so good - I've done aerobics every day & stuck to my eating window with healthy foods.

I weighed in on Monday at 213.5lbs, with a BMI of 33.5 - horrendous! So, I've shed loads to lose......

Can you please put me down to lose 12lbs? I need something to aim for! Hoping I can join in....

Hugs all round xx
Thanks for adding me! :wink:
I had a good fast day on Monday - until it got to 10 pm and I still hadn't finished work. So I stress ate a bit but only enough to reach 700 calories. So I still count it as a fast day :smile:
Fasting again today as I had a bit too much wine and goodies yesterday in the lovely warm weather; was really planning on doing it tomorrow. Might squeeze in another one if I can manage this weekend while moving house.
On the upside: have already lost 1,5 pounds since Sunday!
How are you holding up? And do you have a standard set of fasting days laid out? :smile:
A x
Welcome back @Hazelnut20, you're not on your own, quite a few of us have returned lately, kicking ourselves for not doing it sooner. Good luck with the challenge and getting back into the swing of this WOL :clover:
@ Ally5 , glad to meet you. I was new in Jan. I am amazed you can still fast while moving house! I also tried 5:2 awhile ago. It worked, but I need others to talk with. So far, doing ok. :clover:
Ann
Oh its our nutty friend @Hazlenut20 how lovely to see you back! Dont' worry, you're not alone but it sounds as though you are back in the saddle and raring to go! I was like you, I would be great on the actual fast days but terrible on my 'days off' However, I have joined Slimming World and lost about a stone and a half. However, having come to a grinding halt on the weight loss front I thought I'd return to my beloved 5:2 - and here I am!! So Tuesdays and Thursdays are fast days and the rest of the week I follow Slimming World (it keeps me on my toes). The first two weeks I did this I lost 1.5 pounds (and that was with a couple of days of eating naughtily!) which was just what I needed. However, lately I've bean struggling with the need to comfort eat and have had, well shall we say a tad too much comfort lately! From tomorrow I will have a week of 100% SW and 100% 5:2. I'm expecting great things!! :wink:
Good luck everyone!
Bean xx
@grannieannie - nice to meet you too! Hopefully it will be easier for you with this forum... I certainly already feel like it is :smile: love having other people doing the same thing to talk to!
How is your weight loss going Ann? Do you have a set of days you usually fast on? And how do you eat on non fast days?
I'm down another 2 pounds today! Feel like my body is finally realising I mean business :wink: although it might yet be water weight... But very motivating, nonetheless. And well, I am going to give it my best, re. moving house! :wink:
Hazelnut20- Can you please put me down to lose 12lbs? @Hazelnut20, you are #17, When I saw your name pop, I was a little confused, because I thought you had to have already joined. Lots of us are giving it a second go.
Hello fellow fasters, it's Friday morning where I am and I've had my second fast of the week. I weighed in at 159.6 lbs.
This is not as good as previously in the week, but still lower than last week, so I count it as a win.
How are all of you doing?
Oh dear! Gained half a pound this week - sigh! Mind you, if you'd seen what I ate this week you'd be amazed it was only half a pound! Thanks to my two fasts I managed to pull it back - hoorah!!
Here's to a better week next week
Bean xx
:sleepy: Fri. check-in:
Hi. I am physically off today - probably the cookies I enjoyed at a meeting yesterday evening. :frown:
Usually I fast Mon. and Fri. Not today, though. Already had breakfast without giving a thought to what day it is.
I finally saw a cardiologist this week, who changed my water-pill amounts, so my leg edema is not bad finally. Also new blood pressure meds.
#8 - 218, lost a pound, but it was water.
Not much work on exercise, at least not consistent.
Hello all!
Just thought I'd check in to see how you all are & report back on my Day 5 of coming back!

Once I've really set my mind to doing something about my weight, I tend to go for it 100%. This is one of those times. I've had a few false starts in the past, but this one feels different. Once again, I've reached a crucial turning point - do I carry on eating mindlessly & going up & up in clothes sizes....or do I do something about it?

It's Day 5 & I'm very pleased to report that I've stuck rigidly to my 800 daily calorie allowance & my plan to do 16:8. Shock horror, I've also exercised every day to my RC DVD's. Though I'm huge, after a couple of days I started to walk more confidently and feel better about myself too. That's what taking control does for me.

I've resisted the temptation to jump on the scales since weighing in on Monday, mainly because I've been pre-menstrual and I didn't want to feel disheartened if water retention skewed the results. That may sound a bit mad, because I'm either in it for the long haul, or I'm not, so I shouldn't allow myself to get disheartened anyway....but as I said before, "know thyself".....and after nearly 54 years....I do know myself!! Will weigh in every Monday morning & measure once a month. Absolutely everything is tight right now clothes-wise and I have fat arms, chunky tree trunk legs, a ginormous stomach, generous hips - so if there's any movement from now to the end of the challenge (and there blooming well better had be!!) I will know...coz my poor clothes will heave a sigh of relief!

I was in a charity shop the other day & I bought a "diet skirt" - it's going to be the ultimate in acid tests! This weekend, I'll get "before" pictures taken - showing the horrifying reality.....then again at the end of the challenge. By the way, it's a clingy pencil type skirt.....so it tells no lies! Thought that would be an ideal motivator as I really fancy swanning around in it come September (once the summer challenge is over - I'm no fool, I know I've got such a long way to go!) - so watch this space!

@nursebean - huge congrats on your weight loss - so glad things have worked out for you & it's great to be back in touch.

Will try to visit & post more often now I'm back....& get to know the newbies too. Well done to you all - whether the scales are going up or down (fickle things, scales) - you are trying hard and will get there in the end. Don't forget your friend the tape measure - unlike the scales, she never lies!

Have a great weekend everyone xx
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 Next
127 posts Page 3 of 9