The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

127 posts Page 4 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9 Next
Hello all!
Just thought I'd check in to see how you all are & report back on my Day 5 of coming back!

Once I've really set my mind to doing something about my weight, I tend to go for it 100%. This is one of those times. I've had a few false starts in the past, but this one feels different. Once again, I've reached a crucial turning point - do I carry on eating mindlessly & going up & up in clothes sizes....or do I do something about it?

It's Day 5 & I'm very pleased to report that I've stuck rigidly to my 800 daily calorie allowance & my plan to do 16:8. Shock horror, I've also exercised every day to my RC DVD's. Though I'm huge, after a couple of days I started to walk more confidently and feel better about myself too. That's what taking control does for me.

I've resisted the temptation to jump on the scales since weighing in on Monday, mainly because I've been pre-menstrual and I didn't want to feel disheartened if water retention skewed the results. That may sound a bit mad, because I'm either in it for the long haul, or I'm not, so I shouldn't allow myself to get disheartened anyway....but as I said before, "know thyself".....and after nearly 54 years....I do know myself!! Will weigh in every Monday morning & measure once a month. Absolutely everything is tight right now clothes-wise and I have fat arms, chunky tree trunk legs, a ginormous stomach, generous hips - so if there's any movement from now to the end of the challenge (and there blooming well better had be!!) I will know...coz my poor clothes will heave a sigh of relief!

I was in a charity shop the other day & I bought a "diet skirt" - it's going to be the ultimate in acid tests! This weekend, I'll get "before" pictures taken - showing the horrifying reality.....then again at the end of the challenge. By the way, it's a clingy pencil type skirt.....so it tells no lies! Thought that would be an ideal motivator as I really fancy swanning around in it come September (once the summer challenge is over - I'm no fool, I know I've got such a long way to go!) - so watch this space!

@nursebean - huge congrats on your weight loss - so glad things have worked out for you & it's great to be back in touch.

Will try to visit & post more often now I'm back....& get to know the newbies too. Well done to you all - whether the scales are going up or down (fickle things, scales) - you are trying hard and will get there in the end. Don't forget your friend the tape measure - unlike the scales, she never lies!

Have a great weekend everyone xx
Lovely to see so much activity on this thread and to see old and new friends.
Checking in. No loss this week but no gain either. It is as if my scales have got stuck. I even took the battery out and put it back in! I seem to have inadvertently gone into maintenance mode. Need to shake something up this week so am going back to daily weigh ins (I had moved to weekly) and back to being a vegan for a couple of weeks. I lost quite a bit in February and March doing that so let's see if that bumps me down a bit more. Step goal (15,000/day) achieved 5/7.
See you next week if not before.
Hi All, I've had two really good fasts this week and have lost 1kg. Over the moon as I have been struggling of late. Now weigh 81.5 kg
hazelnut, I have the same tendency re. not weighing around that time of the month, but broke my habit today and - yes - up a pound... But that's how it is when you're a woman I suppose.... Trying to stay optimistic!
Haven't been able to fast this weekend as it's been tougher to move all my junk around than I thought; did a lot of the work myself so did get a nice deficit both Fri and Sat according to my pedometer app on my iPhone.
Off to clean my old flat now and hand it over to my landlord. So happy to leave that place! Next fast is on Tuesday... Looking forward to it actually!
Hope you're all well X
Greetings, May Challengers - this is Number Seventeen checking in after her first week on the wagon.

Off to a flying start - though fully aware that some of the loss will have been water (but hey, any port in a storm if it helps to motivate me!) - I'm declaring a 5.75lb loss this week - just the kick up the proverbial I need right now....

So far this week though, I've talked myself out of 2 mornings of aerobics....and am currently negotiating with myself about tomorrow! Feel a bit flat, but not hungry. Just aware of the massive mountain that needs climbing...

Had to turn down testing a scone recipe today! My friend popped round and said "taste this for me and tell me what you think". "I can't" I wailed...."I'm carb-free at the moment".... Mmm, no calories or carbs in sniffing though...& it smelt yummy! Still, it was mindless eating that got me into this mess in the first place, so time to suck it up, as they say!

Hope you're all having a good week so far! Xx

PS. Starting to love roasted veg - what's wrong with me???? Particularly broccoli......and red onions....num num!
Good going guys!!! Well done to all the losers and to those who stayed the same like myself last weigh in. :like: :drink: here's to some great results this week. :clover: :clover: :clover: good luck challengers :clover: :clover: :clover:
Happy hump day everyone. Congratulations to all of us that have made it this far.

- glad you are feeling better, @GrannieAnnie. I hope your edema resolves. We all start by losing water weight and I still count it as a pound.

However, @Ally5- it never counts during certain stages of the moon. When it turns another quarter, I predict that you will have lost that pound and maybe another one or two!

@Nursebean is having a Scarlet O'Hara moment. Been there, done that,(recently) but tomorrow's another day. You too, @justdee. After feeling like I was never gonna quit
increasing, maintaining sounds pretty good.

The lovely @Pilchards is shaking it up, and is bound to make it happen, but by far the best news belonged to @pamie123 and @Hazelnut20. Weigh to go ladies!

Tomorrow's another fast day for me, so wish me good fasting. (I need it after this work week).
Have a good fast day, @piper!

Thank you for running this challenge - it is good to be accountable..and to have timescales to aim for! I'm in my second week and my get-up-and-go has got up & gone... Last week, I did 5 workouts, this week nada, nil, zilch....oh dear. I feel rather flat & lacking in oomph - but on the other hand, I have stuck rigidly to coming in under 800 calories every day and not eating before noon. Today is Day 11, it's 9am and I'm already hungry! Better put the kettle on - that's my usual answer...

Wishing everyone a great day xx
Well @Hazelnut20 it sounds as though you are doing sooo well with the food but need a smack with the proverbial wet fish on the exercise front. I've just checked and it says it is sunny in Somerset at the moment so put on your trainers and go out for a walk in the sunshine instead of thinking about food. It is so hard to keep motivated but you know you have done it in the past and you can do it again. Keep it up, we are all here for you. Please check back in later and let us know how your day panned out.
We're here to cheer you on @Hazelnut20. You are off to a great start, I love that you're easing yourself back in to this WOL with 800 cal fastdays. I do wonder why you're not doing the same with the exercise. Instead of easing yourself back in, you're expecting to exercise like you've been back in the game for months. Give yourself a break hun. Like myself, you have been on and off this roller coaster over the last few years. You know as well as I do, if this WOL is going to last it has to be something you can live with now and in the future. At the moment it seems you're focusing more on what you haven't done than what you have. and you really ARE off to a great start. Please stop putting so much pressure on yourself to fit in X amount of workouts a week, it will only leave you feeling bad about everything if you don't do them. For now like Pilchards said start by getting a few walks in and build on that. Sorry I've gone on a bit here and I know you already know all I've said, it's sometimes better to hear someone else say it. Well done on your loss and getting back on in the game. Good luck as you continue :clover: :)
Thank you so much @pilchards & @justdee - I really appreciate your thoughts & advice and will definitely take it on board.

I am hard on myself. Way harder than I would dream of being with anyone else! It's true to say that I am attempting (somewhat unreasonably) to go from 0-60 in about 3 seconds! All or nothing. Except as you point out, that's not realistic or reasonable...

Well, it's Thursday night...& I haven't exercised at all this week. But I have stuck rigidly to the calories, so am giving myself a very small pat on the back for that. It is poles apart from my appalling eating habits of the past 8 months.

Today, I put on a new pair of black jeans that I had bought a month ago. When I bought them, they were in the sale....but I couldn't do them up!!! Maybe that marked the start of my determination to get a grip. Anyway, today I could do them up...hurrah! Snug maybe, but done up nevertheless. Yay!

Tomorrow I am out to lunch with friends. I've preordered it - baked mackerel, beetroot salsa & vegetables in place of chips. Shouldn't do much damage there...

Will endeavour to check in here regularly in future. Thanks all!
Well done dear @Hazelnut20 those black jeans can be your marker as the weight comes off. Enjoy your lunch tomorrow it sounds delicious. xxx
Nice to see you back in the running @Hazelnut20 almost 6lb is a great loss. Keep up the great work. I'm suffering from a respiratory tract virus at the moment so no exercise, so not a happy bunny. Off my food, but will not get excited, doubt I will see a loss this week due to inflammation. Have been mindfully eating for a week or so and will do next week too. So getting back to business....I'm still in the fasting gang as I usually have an eating window of 12-8. Will be back next sat for my update. Good luck every one.
Hazelnut, sounds like you're doing well!
Hope everyone's had a great week so far. I have done my two fasts for the week, but my scales broke so I can only measure my progress with a measuring tape right now - off to look for new scales today though.
I am wary of accidentally jinxing anything, but I feel like the fast days have gotten easier...
I live with my friend and her boyfriend right now, as I can't move into my new flat until July, and even though they have these fantastic meals whenever I'm fasting (well, every meal seems fantastic when you're fasting I suppose!) I don't even feel tempted to break my FD. It's such a relief as I was worried I would go off the rails when I moved here, as we initially bonded over delicious food (we're both vegan), and she can cook up some frustratingly good food with loads of oil, spices and yumminess. :wink:
Now, off to measure and then off to get through the final day before a much-needed weekend....
A xx
Not a problem@Hazelnut20 we're all here to support each other, I will need cheering on too at some point. Have a pat on the back from me too. Well done on the jeans, I'm currently trying to feel comfy in my summer shorts (way too tight). They do feel a little looser already (after a week). Keep up the good work and enjoy your lunch with friends.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9 Next
127 posts Page 4 of 9