The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

127 posts Page 5 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
At today's weigh-in I have lost 2.6lbs in 3 weeks, so not brilliant but not bad either. I had 2 really good 500cal fast days this week so thought it might be more. 4 weeks to go before our holiday, 4.4lbs to go, so the last couple of weeks might be 4:3.
Well done @prunella, it's all good. I might see you for a 4:3 next week too.
@Piper I know I'm late but I'd like to join please. I have been on a bit of a plateau for the last few weeks and I go on holiday on June 15th. I'd like to lose 4lbs if I can.
Fri. #8 reporting in: down 2.3 lbs :victory: and not recording exercise. :frown: Room for improvement here.
New challenger, welcome @Thin Lizzy, #18. You are not too late. 4 lbs. goal.

@carieoates, hope you are feeling better soon.

@grannieannie, that's a good loss and for you,too@prunella.

I went the other way, by a pound. It was a stressful week, but I am hoping for a better one coming. QW to me.
# 5 here. I did 4:3 this week and I'm 1.4lb down from last week. :)
Hi there. Down another 500gms now 81kg. After all this time the OH has decided to join me in fasting two days a week. Have to say its much easier with both of us doing it.
#17 checking in. 16:8 every day going well, as are the 800 calories a day. Got a cold at the moment, which I am doing my best to ignore, but it means I haven't felt up to exercising so far this week (on top of none last week).

Anyway, jumped on the scales Monday morning....and was chuffed to see a 6lb loss! That'll do very nicely. It is Day 16 of the 8-week blood sugar diet...& so far I have managed to be as good as gold on the food front & have refused any of the temptations that have come my way...even at weekends. It's eating them that got me into this pickle....so I'm doing my best to claw things back!

That's all for now. Keep on doing what you're doing everyone xxx
Wow @hazelnut20, that's amazing. Not sure I could do only 800cals everyday. I'd be binging by the end of the week. I thought you were doing 800cal 5:2, I didn't realize it was everyday. Good for you. Are you planning on doing the full 8 weeks and then change to 5:2? Whatever you doing it's got you off to a great start. Keep up the good work :clover: :clover: :clover:
Thanks very much @justdee!

I have to say, it is pretty hardcore...especially when I think how I felt about doing the DODO challenge a while back! Needs must, though. It's the way I do things - feast or famine.

The reason I decided to do the 8 week blood sugar diet is mainly down to my psychology. I'm coming out of a bad depressive episode. During that time, as always, I turned to food as a comfort. Like you would not believe. In early May, feeling brighter, I looked ahead & decided I couldn't face being so fat over the summer. In short, I couldn't wait. I was at the "second-class citizen" stage - hating myself and bulging out all over. Nothing fitted and I felt gross.

There'd been a lot of publicity about MM's new diet for diabetics. I'm not diabetic...but I'm jolly sure I was heading that way without much difficulty. My choice was stark - start buying Size 20 clothes....or do something about it. I am a huge fan of 5:2, having had fantastic results a couple of years ago...but I just felt I needed to break the destructive cycle of eating quickly. I couldn't trust myself to "behave" on the 5 days of not fasting...because I know me!! Totally changing my eating habits & seeing rapid progress is going to completely change how I feel about myself, but it will be just the beginning of getting things under control. I have issues with self-sabotage and I am now taking steps towards guarding against it. I throw in the towel for emotional reasons and go back to mindless eating...every time.

When I need to be, I can be so strong-willed. The trouble is, I can also be the total opposite. I have tons of issues (don't we all?) that I historically "solve" with food. I'm in the middle of Week 3....and I haven't veered from my course so far. I wouldn't dream of it! Wish I could harness that strength to fight myself when I'm ready to throw the towel in & start eating mindlessly again.

I'm going to assess my progress when I get to the end of Wk 8 of the BSD...and I know I have 5:2 up my sleeve for afterwards...so it's all good.
hi everyone,

@justdee and@pamie123, congratulations and keep it up. I feel like I am struggling and need to kick it into gear.
@Hazelnut20, you are hardcore. Wish you well.
Sounds like you're all doing well :smile:
I just got myself a new pair of scales, but I'm up 2.2 pounds - and I'm way past that time of the month, so I need to adjust my intake on non-FDs I think... A little bit disheartening, but at least I think I have lost a centimetre in my waist if I haven't tightened the tape too much. Can't tell! :neutral:
Anyway, I might do 4:3 if I can this week - which means an FD over the weekend... If not, I'll do it next week!
Have a wonderful weekend xx
I totally get what you're saying @Hazelnut20, I wish I could be as committed. And I could really do with a few big losses. How are you feeling energy-wise on only 800cals a day for so long? and is it having any affect on mood/sleep etc? Wishing you luck, please keep us posted as you're leading the way on this one for us.
Don't panic @Ally5. New scale, new reading, what the new scale says doesn't really mean anything, it just gives you a new marker and may give a very different reading than any old scale you had. Losing the CM off waist means everything is working just fine.
Thanks @piper, sorry you are struggling, just remember the struggle can disappear as quickly as it arrived. :clover: :clover: :clover:
Feeling very disheartened to have put on a pound this week despite 2 fast days. Will go onto 4:3 now till my holiday on 17th June, though it's extremely unlikely I'll hit my target with over 5lbs still to go.
Don't give up @prunella just look at what you're eating on your non-fast days!
I'm so relieved this week. I have had such a BAD week with bingeing on loads and loads and LOADS of chocolate - and then cereal when that ran out - but I've managed to maintain my weight. Yesterday I was super good and only had 363 calories so it obviously helped! If I didn't have fasting I reckon I would have put on at least 7 pounds - so, thank you 5:2
Bean xx
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
127 posts Page 5 of 9