The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

115 posts Page 7 of 8
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Thanks to everyone who has checked in this week. I'll do a wrap up later today ( it takes a while!). As we started our challenge on a Wednesday and it will finish next Friday (yay!) I think we should make the last week a long (9 day) week to allow us all a final push towards our targets. Because I am in Sydney my Friday starts up to 18 hours before some members so I will allow everyone to catch up until around Easter Sunday before doing the full wrap up.
Have a great weekend everyone and lets get this challenge over the line with a vengeance!
I went over my 500 cal limit last night but at least some loss this week. Total loss since starting is a miserable 600 gram so still 1.5kg to go (and only two fasts left). :( I don't like failing a challenge.
I wonder whether this is too late to report for the weight loss chart now, but I've lost some more weight.
I didn't expect to loose any, because I went to my brother's birthday party. Go figure this weight loss lark.
I am now 57.1 kg,
Total loss ( I think ) 6.2 kg.
BMI exactly 22.30
I hope to lose some more 'before the end' , because I am still heavier now than when I originally started this fasting... :oops:
I hope you are all having a great weekend as we enter the last few days of our Lenten @challenge Who will start the next challenge I wonder? It would be good to have something to aim for following Easter.
Anyway, here is the wrap up as at Sunday morning Sydney time.....

1 @Pilchards-2.1 kg/ - 1 cm/ 5/7 Aiming for - 2 kgs, - 2.5 cm 5/7 days fitbit goal. So far I have lost 4.3 kg, 3 cms off my waist and have achieved 7/7 on my fitbit goal again this week. Thrilled with these results!

2 @Juliana.Rivers 30 minutes/day studying digestion and food -continues to inform us.

3 @WarriorPrincess Back from holiday and cranking up the fasts to counteract the post holiday weight gain

4 @BeautyNovice let us know how you are going

5 @ADFnFuel March 8: -super star performance - 12 pounds (5.45 kg) from the start

6 @loversghost Aiming for 3.2kg loss and giving up chocolate - looking forward to the Easter bunny visiting next weekend?

7 @cblaszAiming for 4.5 lb loss and 8500-9000 steps per day - still trending downwards but finding it slow going.

8 @Margotsylvia aiming to reduce bmi - Another star performer with a loss of 6.2 kg and a bmi of 22.30.

March ?: -3.3kg from the start. !! Approaching perfection...

9 @ravingkiko Walk 2 miles every day Eat Whole30 - 7/7 6:8 6/7 Whole30 6/7 walking - determined to finish the challenge with 3 7/7's

10 @katkin No carbs Monday to Thursday and no chocolate Let us know how you are going Katkin

11 @pamie123 Giving up sugar - aiming for weight loss - how is that going?

12 @SammyIAm Giving up candy and losing 3 lbs - really determined to achieve goal by 25 March and making good progress

13 @FlicAiming for a 5 lb loss. Cutting back on coffee. Let us know how you are going flic

14 @carieoates Giving up white bread - please to hear you are still nuts!

15 @Maggiee Aiming for a 2 kg loss. Sugar free and dry Feb - quite a challenge - hope you are going well.

16 @Wmr309 Aiming for 2 kg - - 600 g so far and pushing hard to make goal of another 1.5 kg by 25 March

17 @BrissieGirl Aiming for 2.5 kg loss - how is it going @BrissieGirl?

18 @skinnyli Aiming for 2-3 kgs and giving up chocolate - hope you are on track and looking forward to lots of choccie next weekend.

I hope that covers everyone and that we are all on board complete the challenge with a bang! Have a great week - I am having quite an indulgent weekend so will look forward to my normal Monday fast tomorrow to give my system a bit of a rest.

Pilch :victory:
FINALLY - the scale has started to move!! I'm down 2.3 lbs. since last Monday. I would need to lose 3 lbs. this week to meet my goal for the challenge, but I'm just happy to be losing. If I can start losing 1 lb. a week, that would be great.
#16. Finally another 500 gram gone so total loss is 1.1kg. Couple of days of mindful eating and one more fast on Thursday so I haven't given up reaching the 2kg loss that I'd set myself to lose in this challenge.
Wmr309 wrote: #16. Finally another 500 gram gone so total loss is 1.1kg. Couple of days of mindful eating and one more fast on Thursday so I haven't given up reaching the 2kg loss that I'd set myself to lose in this challenge.

You can do it @Wmr309 - your determination is commendable!
It is Wednesday morning here in Sydney so we are in the last couple of days of our Lenten Losers challenge. It would be great to hear from all the members to hear how you have done over the past six and a bit weeks whatever your results. Personally I have found that running a challenge has motivated me to achieve my goal as I am committed to check in here regularly and I know that helps me stay on track. I will be posting my final results on Friday morning and will do a final wrap up some time over the Easter long weekend to give all the time zones time to get to Friday and have time to check in.
Look forward to your updates!
Pilch
Sorry for my being so slack @Pilchards - the scales show a loss of 1.5kg this morning since I started this challenge, so I am on the right track.

I completed the no alcohol in Feb, and continue with the sugar free (well ok, I might have had a couple of sugar treats in a few weeks) - but I have been very mindful. I am following the FODMAP diet quite strictly at the moment - for the IBS and lactose intolerance, so am avoiding all grains and dairy which includes Hot Cross Buns - I bought a packet today for my OH, but I don't think I will be even tempted to have one, its just not worth the pain and discomfort.

Meanwhile, I continue with Fasting by mainly doing 16/8 most days, I have been having trouble completing 500 cals fast days since Christmas, but I am giving it a go.

Thanks for running this challenge Pilchards, I will update again at the end of this week. :smile: :like: :heart:

best wishes :smile:
Maggie.
Maggiee wrote: Sorry for my being so slack @Pilchards - the scales show a loss of 1.5kg this morning since I started this challenge, so I am on the right track.

I completed the no alcohol in Feb, and continue with the sugar free (well ok, I might have had a couple of sugar treats in a few weeks) - but I have been very mindful. I am following the FODMAP diet quite strictly at the moment - for the IBS and lactose intolerance, so am avoiding all grains and dairy which includes Hot Cross Buns - I bought a packet today for my OH, but I don't think I will be even tempted to have one, its just not worth the pain and discomfort.

Meanwhile, I continue with Fasting by mainly doing 16/8 most days, I have been having trouble completing 500 cals fast days since Christmas, but I am giving it a go.

Thanks for running this challenge Pilchards, I will update again at the end of this week. :smile: :like: :heart:

best wishes :smile:
Maggie.

Well done @Maggiee Have a happy Easter (no buns, right! )
#9 reporting. I've had the flu all week, today was the first day I've been outdoors. I saw a guy sitting in the top of a tree (a tall one), surrounded by cops and firemen. Life goes on.
I took the week off. I certainly didn't overeat, but I drank a lot of sugar, and barely moved. I feel ready to climb back on the horse, but my brain is still fogged. I tried to read one of @ADFnFuel's links and totally gave up after a quick scan. I'll try again in a couple of days.
This Lenten period has really had some ups and downs for me, but coming back to the challenge each week has been a big help.
This challenge has been great for me, too. For being able to write so often - it has kept me going! These last few days are a bit though. I am seriously trying to get the scales to move down. Last Sunday was a more of an 'eat' day and the scales went up again. Up and down. This morning I finally broke the 57kg line. BMI now 22.2.
I am hoping to get it yet down to 22.0. Lent for me also includes Saturday. So I will only report my final result on Easter Sunday. :lol:
PS: it was snowing here today and we woke up to a 'winter wonderland', which at THIS time of year is NOT so wonderful. :confused:
#5 checking in. Morning weight shows I'm -15 pounds (-6.82kg) from the start.
Hello Lenten Losers just checking in with my final results.

Weight loss is - 4.8 kgs since 10 February - thrilled with this and running the challenge has definitely motivated me to exceed my goals. Waist if - 4 cm - also v good. Is there a correlation between 1 kg = 1 cm I wonder? I have managed to achieve my fitbit goal of 13,200 steps per day on all but 5 days of the challenge. I have got up at 6 every morning and walked for 45 minutes, then a 20 minute walk at lunch time and finally a quick walk after dinner to catch up my remaining steps. The increased activity has definitely helped my weight loss. At the end of the day it all comes down to eat less, exercise more. I have also been a vegan during lent and have really enjoyed finding some new recipes and haven't found it too hard. I did enjoy a poached egg for brekkie this morning though!

I really look forward to hearing how everyone else has done. Thanks to all of you who have been there along the way. Now how is going to start the next challenge?
Hi I have just weighed and I have lost 6lb over the 6 weeks. I couldn't manage no carbs at all Monday to Thursday but I changed to no carbs at breakfast and lunch on NFDs and that worked better for me. However I have had no chocolate since the beginning of lent so am looking forward to my easter egg!
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
115 posts Page 7 of 8