The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

115 posts Page 5 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
in my research mode, spent some time figuring out this new BSD (Blood Sugar Diet) diet by MM.

You see Mosley is in the country so its cause a bit of discussion on facebook.

Thinking it was only for diabetic or prediabetic i dismissed it but then I realised that one version of the diet, called 5:2 BSD is appropriate to the general population and my semi-vegetarianism suits.. see my post about it here.

5-2-diet-chat-f6/anyone-contemplating-mm-s-new-5-2-bsd-diet-t14837.html
#5 checking in. Morning weight shows I'm -7 pounds (-3.18kg) from the start.
#9 checking in. I'm 5 for 7 this week. I still suck at weekends. I'm really trying hard not to just let myself consider the weekend an excuse to fall into a deep, dark pit of junk food (you would not believe what I ate), but still having problems.
I couldn't be happier with my WOE: paleo suits me, the recipes are delicious, the compressed eating window is a relief, not a burden. I'm walking on the good days, not on the bad ones though. I'm still looking for constructive solutions to the Friday blues though until I can come to grips I'm just keeping my head above water. It's like yo-yo dieting, but on a 7-day cycle.
Morning - #1 checking in as we end week three of our Lenten Challenge.
Weight - 2.6 kgs - thrilled with this
Waistline - 2 cm - goal of 2.5 cm looks achievable
Fitbit - did goal of 13,200 steps 7 days out of 7
Running this challenge has really motivated me and I am so results driven that getting some runs on the board really spurs me on. I have lost nearly 6 kg since coming back from my overseas trip in mid-January and I am determined to get to goal and stick with it this time. I look forward to joining a Maintaining tent in around June/July.
Look forward to hearing how everyone else is going.
:like: :like: :like:
#16 checking in. I've put on 300 gram compared to last week but this is partly due to pasta with garlic bread and a couple of glasses of wine for dinner last night (always does damage) and hormonal changes. My waist is back to my lowest (40.8% height:waist ratio) and still 900 gram less than at the start of this challenge. Happy with my BMI being just under 22.
Hello there -- just checking in after going quiet. I'm a bit disappointed. I've lost 0.3kg which is something I suppose but not what I'd hoped. I have been pretty religious about following 5:2 and sticking with the exercise goals so hopefully it is just a temporary plateau. Losing the remaining 2.2 kgs in the 3 weeks remaining seems like a pretty ambitious goal now though. Wish me luck!
:clover: Good luck to you BrissieGirl! I know it is a struggle.
I think I've lost over 3 kg now. Cannot quite remember anymore what my starting weight was. Let's say I've lost now 3.2 kg.
I know my BMI is now 22.6, because I have already been at this weight once last week. Sunday was a bit of a disaster. I had to have lunch and it included dessert. (yum). Normally now, though I eat more on Sundays, I do not eat lunch at all!! So the weight loss is a bit slow now. But still, there are days to go before Easter... :-D
Fantastic job @pilchards !

Today is my weigh-in day and I am not happy. I only have myself to blame. I got my mojo back at the gym since I haven't been stuffing my face with baked goods any more. I have, however, been eating out a lot at restaurants with friends. I've also been snacking like crazy lately. It seems like when I keep away from the sweets, then I just go crazy with the salty snacks. Ugh. It's all adding up. Time to take control! I washed and peeled a lot of fruit yesterday and put them in little baggies so I can reach for them to snack on. Also plan on hitting the veggies hard this week. I think I can still reach my goal if I behave myself from now on.

Starting weight (2-10-16): 137.8 lbs
2-17-16: 137.4 lbs
2-25-16: 138 lbs
3-2-16: 139.4 lbs
Goal weight by Easter: 135 lbs
Also gave up candy for Lent.
:frown: I am still at the same weight as I was last week and all this week. I am getting tired of not losing, though I eat far less than I normally would. This Sunday will be the middle Sunday in Lent. I am looking forward to Easter...very much. It is very gray and depressing here :struggle:
Hi There, Checking in again. I thought some of you might find the story of the plateau ending encouraging. After about three weeks of the scales not really budging at all, suddenly they are moving again. I'm not doing anything different. Just sticking to 5:2 and trying to meet my exercise goals. I'm now down a total of 0.6 in this challenge. Nowhere close to the 2.5kg goal I set, but if I continue I should at least crack a loss greater than 1kg. Which will be something, I suppose. Anyway message to all is -- keep at it! This was my first real plateau and I found it enormously demoralising. But it does end. Eventually.
Hi Lenten Losers, sorry I haven't done a wrap up of last week - it has been a crazy few days! I will do a full summary on Friday this week so make sure you update us with your progress before then so that we can all support each other as we go in to the last two weeks of this challenge. Then it will be time to think about the next challenge - I vote for April Fools!
Have a great week.
I am also doing a great job at maintaining, but can't seem to get the scale to go down. I am going to keep trying. I'm hoping that one of these weeks all my hard work will pay off and I'll lose like 3 lbs at once!
#5 checking in. Morning weight shows I'm -9 pounds (-4.1 kg) from the start. :smile:
#9 checking in
I'm 7 for 7 on the eating front. Followed Whole30 and completed 16:8 on every day, and I did a 500 cal day yesterday! No weekend emotional/cravey/crazy eating :victory:
I'm 5 for 7 on the walking front. I missed 2 days for no good reason, but I'm working on it.
I've dumped my water weight this past week, so going forward I will see what kind of progress I make on the genuine fat.
Feeling good.
Hi all, I had another good week this week with a 0.9 kg loss giving me - 3.4 kg for the challenge to date. Really pleased and it seems that my 5:2, increased exercise and vegan challenge have shocked my body into action. I am very results driven so I am inspired to keep going once the Lenten period is up and actually get to goal this time. I dream of joining a maintaining tent in a few months.

Don't forget to check in and update us all with your results. I will do a summary of the week on Friday so we can all face the final two weeks with renewed resolve to achieve our varied goals.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
115 posts Page 5 of 8