The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

115 posts Page 4 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
#5 checking in. Trend line shows I'm -3 pounds (-1.4kg) from the start.
#16 checking in. I think I've finally got off the plateau. I weighed 68.5kg this morning so that's a total loss of 1.2kg since starting this challenge.
Good morning from a happy Pilch! Lost 1.4 kgs this week so that gives me 2.1 kg so far this challenge. Now I just have to maintain that or lose a bit more.... Waist was the same as last week so that will be my focus this week. Managed to achieve my 5/7 day Fitbit target - it is quite dark now in the mornings when I go out for my morning walk - this morning the moon was still high in the sky as the sun came up at around 6.30.
Thanks to those of you who have already checked in and I look forward to hearing from the rest of the Lenten Losers in the next couple of days (allowing for all your various time zones). I will do a summary of the week on Friday morning (Sydney time).
sorry I didn't report on Wednesday as I promised. Yesterday I was off line, so could not report.
Today's report: I lost an other 500g overnight, but now it is stuck in that again.
I think I've lost about 2,8 kg so far and my BMI is 23 exactly.
MY weight loss seems to go in steps - I'll just have to put up with the days the scales do not budge.
After this week there are still 4 weeks of fasting.. I ought to lose some more in that time!!!
It is sunny outside for once, and soon time for our afternoon walk. :smile:
reporting in .. my challenge is to spend more time in nutrition research.

watched most of this. http://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/viet ... c-mam-cham

worth looking at as it states that eating less meat, more fruit and veg and less processed food and unpasteureised milk if you are in a country that allows it, is all good for good health and weight control

found this article via fb http://www.forksoverknives.com/is-it-po ... uch-fruit/

all good stuff.

and if you find me having a leaning to plant based (not a total vegetarian.. just 5 days a week) come join this fb group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203432216660450/

sorry for the "ad". I created the group last November and via it many people are posting good informative articles. Just a lovely little bunch we have. Occasionally i promote 5:2 to try to bring it to people's attention.
Juliana.Rivers wrote: reporting in .. my challenge is to spend more time in nutrition research. ...

Need some homework for extra credit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NvFyGGXYiI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC_qBC1EEvw

Popcorn optional. :-)
Hello again everybody! After complaining that I stuck at a weight again I lost an other 0,5 KG!!! I love it when the scales move down. My BMI is now 22.6. I think I had quite a light supper yesterday. Maybe that was it? Who knows!
Well, on Sunday I'll eat normally again, so no famine reaction in sight. :grin:
During this Lent I am also a vegetarian from Mon - Sat. It really brings a desired change into the routines of cooking supper.
I am looking at all the other threads that come up.
Yea, I too am menopausal. :frown: And I eat fairly low carb. Because I did that religiously for years and years (ujntil I stopped losing weight on it and found the blessed 5:2). Just out of habit I cannot eat potatoes or white rice or spaghetti. Hubby has potatoes with his meal and I have Brussels Sprouts or something like that. Hubby has never had a weight issue....
Anyways, I better stop rambling on now!! Sorry! :clover:
#12 here with a late check-in

Starting weight (2-10-16): 137.8 lbs
2-17-16: 137.4 lbs
2-25-16: 138 lbs
Goal weight by Easter: 135 lbs
Also gave up candy for Lent.

ugh. I've gone up as high as 141 and back down. My birthday turned into a birthday week with friends giving me all sorts of baked goods throughout the week. I gave up candy, but I didn't give up sweets, in general. So all that sugar is getting to me. I feel all sorts of bloated. blegh. I hope next week is better. I've pretty much eaten all of the sweets already so next week has to be better, right?! lol :wink:
Morning all - we are nearly half way through our 40 day challenge so a good time to review where we are all at and approach the next half with renewed determination.

1 @Pilchards --2.1 kg/ - 1 cm/ 5/7 Aiming for - 2 kgs, - 2.5 cm 5/7 days fitbit goal. Still vegan for lent
2 @Juliana.Rivers 30 minutes/day studying digestion and food - thanks for sharing your learnings @Juliana.Rivers
3 @WarriorPrincess currently on holidays - back on 3rd March - weclome back next week @WarriorPrincess
4 @BeautyNovice 5:2 - let us know how you are going @BeautyNovice
5 @ADFnFuel -- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) from the start - keep it up @ADFnFuel
6 @loversghost Aiming for 3.2kg loss and giving up chocolate - how are you doing @loversghost?
7 @cblasz Aiming for 4.5 lb loss and 8500-9000 steps per day - trending downwards (on the ski slopes @cblasz?) and renewing goals for next week.
8 @Margotsylvia aiming to reduce bmi - smashing it @Margotsylvia with - 2.8 kg loss so far and a bmi of 23
9 @ravingkiko Walk 2 miles every day Eat Whole30 - up and down - looking forward to a good week ahead @ravingkiko
10 @katkin No carbs Monday to Thursday and no chocolate Hope you are enjoying your weekend carbs @katkin
11 @pamie123 Giving up sugar - aiming for weight loss - Weight the same but holding strong on no sugar. The scales will show it in the end @pamie123
12 @SammyIAm Giving up candy and losing 3 lbs - Holding steady and renewed determination for next week. You can do it @SammyIAm!
13 @Flic Aiming for a 5 lb loss. Cutting back on coffee. Down 1 lb, still managing on one coffee per day - keep it up @Flic
14 @carieoates Giving up white bread - how is the brown/wholegrain bread @carieoates?
15 @Maggiee Aiming for a 2 kg loss. Sugar free and dry Feb - quite a challenge - let us know how you are getting on @Maggiee
16 @Wmr309 Aiming for 2 kg Week 1 - 0.3 kg - off the plateau - 1.2 kg so far. Well done @Wmr309
17 @BrissieGirl Aiming for 2.5 kg loss - how is it going @BrissieGirl?
18 [@skinnyli Aiming for 2-3 kgs and giving up chocolate -those Easter eggs will taste good when they arrive @skinnyli

Have a great weekend one and all and I look forward to all your updates next week.
Thanks for the update Pilchards. Very motivating! It could not have come at a better moment.
Hi, I'm doing fine, it wasn't as difficult as i thought obviously. Cutting back on those pesky carbs incl red wine has lost me a couple of pounds over the past few weeks. Perhaps I should have picked nuts or red wine instead.
I have huge coffee withdrawal it's unreal >.< (as a perspective thing, I usually run on caffeine and usually consume between 4-8 cups a day. Hopefully this challenge will help with that).

Haven't weighed myself since thanks to ovulation/ PMS related bloat (TMI, sorry. Hoping my cycle will run normally from now on that I have my act togethe) but clothes as ever are feeling better. Have taken a step towards thinking how best to maintain my weight after I'm at my goal weight and how much to exercise/ how much to eat to keep up ADF without losing. If anyone's interested (as it took me a while to figure out something which worked for me to stem any hangriness/ hunger pangs on nFD's) I'm currently consuming 800 on FDs and 2,000 on nFDs in addition to being active. Once I've hit my goal I'm going to need to play with numbers, as I bet maintaining is a tad tougher than losing.

Either way, it's maths and I don't mind maths (I don't love it however). Right now I'm considering getting a second dog, possibly a husky, to give myself an excuse to take much longer walks. I love walking, and I love huskies; although I hear they can be a tad dodgy with cats which could be a deterrent...

Good luck everyone! Will report my next weigh-in after cycle has been and gone <3 (and honestly, with so little left to lose and after losing 65+ ibs, these last 4 are going slowly and stepping on the scales isn't so exciting).
Hi everyone. At long last the scales have moved again. Lost 500gms. Not much but I'll take anything.Still off the refined sugar and not finding it too much of a battle. Have a good day everyone.
Still struggling getting used to doing an eating window instead of 5:2. I know it will kick in eventually though, so I'm just going to keep at it. I am still trending downward, but my actual weight this morning is up a little from last Monday. Hopefully it will kick in soon in time for me to meet my goal for this challenge. I'm doing pretty good with my step goal, although not meeting it every day, so I need to improve that as well. I have eaten less sugar and gotten in more water, but still need to get more.
Good job to everyone who lost this week. I hope to have better news to report next week!
Hi all, I'm back from my wonderful holiday & joining you all Lenten Losing from tomorrow. Unfortunately (if predictably) all those fab 4-course holiday dinners seem to have impacted rather more on my weight than the swimming/ walking / climbing did. My goal was to be back under 11 stone by 25th but as I've just weighed in at 11.5.5 that's probably an unreachable target :frown:
My Lenten Losings target will be 3.5lbs, to get at least to 11st 2 - and closer to 11st if I can.

Looking forward to getting back on the wagon and catching up with all the Lenten Losing stories.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
115 posts Page 4 of 8