The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 18 of 60
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 60 Next
Member #83 here. First fast of the challenge done today with no problems at all.
some tea, coffee, an apple and a small piece of cheese and I'm done. Off to bed soon and looking forward to homemade muesli for breakfast tomorrow :-)
Ok I've finally had the guts to weigh myself. 9 stone 9 today. Want to get to 9 stone by Xmas. Hope everyone doing ok.
Hi, No 70 here, do we post our (weekly) WI results here? If so, I've lost 1 lb this week. If there's no need to post results, or a different way, please let me know. Cheers - Jo
Wiltshire Jo wrote: Hi, No 70 here, do we post our (weekly) WI results here? If so, I've lost 1 lb this week. If there's no need to post results, or a different way, please let me know. Cheers - Jo

Yes, please post results here @Wiltshire Jo Weekly is good. not mandatory but is encouraged. its only 12 posts across course of the challenge so hopefully most will. out of 100 members, expecting no posts from at least 30 as thats how the cookie crumbles in these forums

did someone say cookiee.... grrrr cant a) fast day and b) no sugar for me lol
Hi! I'm new to fasting and carieoates suggested I join the challenge!
Today is my first fast day and I weighed in at 96.7kg this morning. I'd like to be under 90kg by Christmas. 6.8kg is achievable in 11 weeks, right?

I'm planning to try 4:3 to begin with or even alternate 4:3/5:2 over a fortnight. I will be more conscious of what I'm eating on non-fast days but sick of counting carbs and just want to focus on eating more vegetables, but still enjoy the odd slice of bread.
pineconesjay wrote: Hi! I'm new to fasting and carieoates suggested I join the challenge!
Today is my first fast day and I weighed in at 96.7kg this morning. I'd like to be under 90kg by Christmas. 6.8kg is achievable in 11 weeks, right?

I'm planning to try 4:3 to begin with or even alternate 4:3/5:2 over a fortnight. I will be more conscious of what I'm eating on non-fast days but sick of counting carbs and just want to focus on eating more vegetables, but still enjoy the odd slice of bread.

Hi pineconesjay, welcome aboard on the challenge. 6.8kg is achievable particularly if you are starting new as the first few kilos are easier. Suggest that you see how you go in this month of October and reassess goals, on say November.. this gives you nearly a month to see how your body reacts to the new eating behaviour.
Having just scanned through some of the recent posts here, I've noticed that some or should I say most of our newbies are joining in. That's fantastic. Now we need you to do something else. ......
THE PROGRESS TRACKER....
Use this to find out how many calories you can have on both fast and non fast days. It can be private or visible like mine.....go on take a look, mine shows holidays, good fasting and not so good fasting. But you will be amazed how great it feels to see your graph, and the trend line is also a great motivator.
no #91 here with start weight of 67.3kg - yikes :curse: :confused: :bugeyes: :shock: :shock: :shock:
No#5 checking in with no weight change this week.
Member 31 just checking in to log my start weight on 1st October 72.4kg. My average weekly loss since I started back on 5:2 four weeks ago is 400g so with a bit of luck I could be 67.6kg by Christmas.
This is the easiest weight loss method I have ever tried, and that's most of them! I live in Granada Province in Spain where every cold drink comes with free Tapas, impossible to count the calories in those. So I do have to watch how much I consume on a non fast day by reducing carbs otherwise it doesn't work.
Good luck to everyone:-)
#10 reporting in - I am starting at 15st 2lb and would like to lose 12lb as that will get me to a 3 stone total loss - anything over that would be a bonus!
I am cutting out alcohol for October then continuing to cut wine out until Xmas, but allowing myself the odd alcoholic drink of other varieties. I'm also exercising 3-4 times/week.
#42- I had my first fast day since starting this challenge- I took a refeed break from the 23rd of September to the beginning of October. I had a really good fast day yesterday, and I know it's mostly water, but I weighed in today at 131.8, which makes me think I can do this. Yay! I also lifted weights this morning and am looking at what else I can do to jazz things up. Thank you, Juliana, for running this challenge.
Also, 100 members x 12 posts- is this a full time job?!
Member #101.
I had my first fast day yesterday. It went well and I'm down 800g since yesterday morning.
I didn't feel hungry once! And I don't feel like eating a lot this morning either. I'm going to have a coffee and skip the toast. Might have a banana later in the morning but probably won't really eat until lunch time. Next fasting day is Monday :)
Number 96 here with my first week weigh-in, and it's a cracker!!
It feels well deserved, since my hamstrings are still sore 2 days later, and my ribs hurt when I cough!!

Anyway, 3.9kg weight gone! :victory:
Member #26 105.6lbs
OK, that was an unintended drop from the maintenance weight but I think it's because I took a fall and it hurts enough to suppress my food intake: I have no doubts that this is temporary. :)
I'm managing to include some mindfulness and One Moment Meditation into my day which is proving especially helpful at present.
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 18 of 60