The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 48 of 60
Previous 1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 60 Next
Member 109 - 12st 1lb this morning - 2lbs less than last week & 6.5lbs down in 6wks. My target is 9.5lbs in 9 weeks so it's looking possible. Looking forward to the first morning the number on the scales begins with an 11 (as in 11.13.75!) - that will be a huge motivator. If I do get to 11st 12lbs I'll be BMI 25, within 'normal' weight for height - which would be quite wonderful. BUT Xmas celebrations are beginning to pile up - the last week of the challenge already includes 3 parties. And I now have a stinker of a cold. It's ruled out weekend plans that would have jeopardised the diet even further - but today's a fastday & a little devil in my head keeps telling me you're supposed to feed a cold!
Hi @Juliana.Rivers. Ecstatic to report GOALLLLLLLL! I reached 140lb. /10 stone / 63.6 kg. today and want to report it before it evaporates :grin: , like all good messages from the scale do :razz:

Going to focus on maintenance and may wander over to that tent shortly.
judithn wrote: Hi @Juliana.Rivers. Ecstatic to report GOALLLLLLLL! I reached 140lb. /10 stone / 63.6 kg. today ...

Congratulations on achieving your weight goal and I look forward to seeing you in the maintenance tent :)
judithn wrote: Hi @Juliana.Rivers. Ecstatic to report GOALLLLLLLL! I reached 140lb. /10 stone / 63.6 kg. today and want to report it before it evaporates :grin: , like all good messages from the scale do :razz:

YIPEEEEE @judithnfor reaching goal!!!! congratualations on a good job done. You are third to get to goal. though i better check the messages over last few days for any more.. ive been away hence the delay in my congratulatory post.
Congratulations @judithn! You must feel very pleased and relieved. :victory:
Katharina wrote: #2 reporting in after at least a month of silence and unfocused eating and set-back on the challenge. My OH had unexpected heart surgery and although I was aware of my eating I could not be careful. Thankfully he is now at home and slowly on the mend.
So I'm now back with my 5:2 and really glad - I now have NINE pounds to lose to reach that elusive goal of 9 stone. (When I started the challenge I had EIGHT pounds to lose.) It could be much worse and with about 4 weeks of challenge left I should still be able to have some success. Thankfully clothes still fit!
I'm also browsing the forum again. :like:

Welcome back to the challenge and the forum @Katharina. Wishing you success over next 4 weeks and glad to here your OH is on the mend.
WarriorPrincess wrote: Member 109 - 12st 1lb this morning - 2lbs less than last week & 6.5lbs down in 6wks. My target is 9.5lbs in 9 weeks so it's looking possible. Looking forward to the first morning the number on the scales begins with an 11 (as in 11.13.75!) - that will be a huge motivator. If I do get to 11st 12lbs I'll be BMI 25, within 'normal' weight for height - which would be quite wonderful. BUT Xmas celebrations are beginning to pile up - the last week of the challenge already includes 3 parties. And I now have a stinker of a cold. It's ruled out weekend plans that would have jeopardised the diet even further - but today's a fastday & a little devil in my head keeps telling me you're supposed to feed a cold!

Getting to your goal is certainly possible @warriorprincess. numbers are funny and to see a smaller number for the first time is great. i remember when i saw 69 once .. was a while ago but its all good.
Gill wrote: #38 reporting in with a half pound gain. I am pretty sure I am reaching what should be my goal weight now, so maintaining is not a such bad thing, but I will continue to try until the end of the challenge and see where it leaves me. I would like to see the elusive 23 BMI, but it is not the end of the world if I don't. At the start of this I just wanted 25, oh how things change.

Well done to all the proper losers and thank you for the challenge incentive.

Well done to you @Gill thus far! All the best for getting to see the elusive 23 bmi as you say. I hope the challenge did help a little both for you and others who have taken part
DoodlePuppet wrote: Hi challenger 9 checking in. I began this challenge looking to lose 3kg , on the 4/11/14 I weighed in at 75kg and reset my goal on the 5/11/14 to lose another 2kg which would have taken me from my start wright of 79kg to 73kg. I weighed myself yesterday and am now 70kg. I'd love to say it was through fantastic 5:2 and that I had achieved my exercise goal too, alas I haven't been to the gym in 10 days due to a horrible chest infection . I am not physically unwell please let me reassure everyone, at least I don't know I am if I am! Life has been unbearably tough and food is low priority for the first time in my life, anxiety is out of control and I am heading to the gp on Monday for support ( and hopefully some lovely medication!) I will keep following everyone but feel I should stop being part of the challenge as my weight loss is not truly fast diet . Good luch everyone! X

Oh dear. do take care of yourself @doodlepuppet. Of course your health is more important than any fast diet challenge. Let us know when you are feeling better, hopefully soon
carieoates wrote: Number 40 Checking in with a surprise loss. Now 12st 2.6
Goal 11.11
Will I do it?

indeed @carieoates.. why not ... you can do it
juliebulie10 wrote: Hi, #48 here and without a check in AGAIN!

Man oh man... I've dropped off the radar both with my comitment to the forum AND i've been really messing about with my fasting days and food days the last couple of weeks....... I tell you, a gain on a weigh in day really does send me on a downward spiral.... :(
@
My first weeks back to IF were brilliant, I was losing 2lbs a week, I had a gain, I stuck to my fast plan and the gain came off then since then I've gained and lost each week... I know I've been eating more on my food days that I did in the first weeks which I am determined to get back to. Originally I was tracking about 16oo cals a day but recently Iv'e even stopped logging on MFP as I hit 2000.....

What trips me up is if I eat out I don't know what to guestimate the calories are if there isn't an 'exact' entry to choose. If I eat at a friends house... how do I know the calories??..... restaurant portions and ifnot is hit and miss.....

I am trying to do a back to back fast today and tomorrow to get me back in the groove and then I'm going to really REALLY TRY to log all calories on food days and fast days again.......

Well done to everyone who is still on track and still losing :)

JB x

I know what you mean juliebulie10, how to calorie count on non fast days especially if not at home can be difficult. Ideas anyone?
All up to date as at November 30 with progress updates. phew.. let me know if i have missed an update from you.
#43 checking in........
Hi everyone. Well a 2 lb loss this week taking me to 13 st/ 82.5 kg. 9lb loss since I started back in Sept. My goal was 80kg for Christmas..... which I don't think I'll reach but very happy with where I've reached. :)
Member 78: I'm not getting very far with this challenge. I've managed to keep to two fast days, but haven't managed any weeks of 4:3 as I had hoped. I am struggling a bit with the onset of colder weather (this will be my first northern hemisphere/cold winter in many years) and also I've had a persistent cough/cold, so I suspect that I've been over-compensating on my non-fast days, hence the weight loss in November was only 0.6kg. This means I will not meet my target, but I'll keep going and hope to lose a bit more before the challenge ends.
Juliana.Rivers wrote: All up to date as at November 30 with progress updates. phew.. let me know if i have missed an update from you.

You've missed me again :(
Previous 1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 48 of 60