The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

373 posts Page 3 of 25
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 Next
Re: Your super summer challenge
03 Jun 2015, 03:32
I'm in. I'm at 67kg now, but would like to maintain in the 63-65kg range. Also, I'm trying to get to the gym 4-5 times a week.

Thanks, Penny, for starting this!
03 Jun 2015, 03:33
Please count me in - I have my son's wedding on 22 August and would love to be 5 kg lighter by then so I will pledge to be 68.0 kg by the end of July.
So - today I weigh in at 73.3 kg. When is our official weigh day?
03 Jun 2015, 07:57
Lovely to see so many people 'in', so far.
I'm going to try for a fast today. Sipper tonight will be a recipe that @Juliana.Rivers posted on our Fastday Facebook page. I have made it a couple of times and it's very tasty
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vege ... orn-salsa/
I'm going to chargrill a chicken breast with it.
Lunch will be an omelette, courtesy of our new chickens.
Let the new challenge begin for real, today!
03 Jun 2015, 08:46
Hi everyone,
I'm new!! This sounds like a fab idea so i'm in please! I have lost alot of weight by myself... around 5 1/2 stone.... however recently (the last year) I fell in love.... and with that came the 'love stone'.... plus another stone! 2st up from my lowest! :( but at least i'm nowhere near where I was before so that's good!
I am currently 13st 1lb at 5'5. This is only my second week of 5:2. I would LOVE to get to 11st 10lb in 8 weeks as then I would only be 10lbs away from my lowest. I'm training for another half marathon...I try to do one a year so hopefully that'll help! After not being able to walk for a year (due to inflammation of the spine) I don't take my movement for granted!
Thanks guys!

Danni
03 Jun 2015, 11:17
I'm in! Thanks so much for running this! Right now I'm 155 lbs. (70 kg.) By the end of the challenge, I'd like to be 149 lbs. (67.5 kg.) I'm a teacher, so the next few weeks are crazy busy/stressful, which is challenging in one way, and then after that I'll be off for the summer, which is challenging in another way. So, it'll be great to have this challenge to keep me in check!
03 Jun 2015, 11:35
Welcome everyone!
Let's support each other towards our goals.
In fact you have already supported me today! I have been having lunch earlier and earlier and slipping some carbs in there. Result? Yep, 2lbs up today. So, I have resisted lunch till 12.30, when I've made an omelette with a slice of cheese.
03 Jun 2015, 11:46
MaryAnn wrote: I'm in. I'm at 67kg now, but would like to maintain in the 63-65kg range. Also, I'm trying to get to the gym 4-5 times a week.

Thanks, Penny, for starting this!

I am in exactly the same place as you @MaryAnn! Same weight, same goal and almost the same fitness challenge, I am trying to do yoga 4-5 times a week!
03 Jun 2015, 11:50
carieoates wrote: Ooooh can we have a Friday show and tell. Where we upload our favourite meal of the week, it could be fast day or non fast day.
It could give someone inspiration for the next week.
But it has to be homemade....

Ohhhh Am I allowed package brown rice in my recipes? It's the only brown I can eat and use it a lot on fast day dinners. I just eat one evening meal. I also use packaged cous cous too. I have dinner preped, cooked and on the plate in 10 mins using different low cal sauces. If so I will post my recipe on Friday. :smile:
03 Jun 2015, 11:55
Madcatlady wrote: oops - definitely out of practise - just realised I have put this on the wrong thread - oh dear!

note from the Admin... A post is a contractual agreement to join the Summer challange, even those that post here by mistake :wink:
03 Jun 2015, 12:27
@Jayegirl how much brown rice do you use? Can you weigh out a portion for us? Myfitnesspal gives 100g uncooked brown long grain rice (a little over 3oz) as approx. 370 calories and 77g carbs. Quite hefty on the carbs.
If you can find whole buckwheat, it's approx. half the calories and carbs, weight for weight, yet works just as well as rice.
03 Jun 2015, 12:52
PennyForthem wrote: @Jayegirl how much brown rice do you use? Can you weigh out a portion for us? Myfitnesspal gives 100g uncooked brown long grain rice (a little over 3oz) as approx. 370 calories and 77g carbs. Quite hefty on the carbs.
If you can find whole buckwheat, it's approx. half the calories and carbs, weight for weight, yet works just as well as rice.

Hi Penny, I'm not a great cook and live alone. Before 5:2 O rarely cooked and it Waukegan be a LA,b chop with a baked sweet potato and veg, tasty but boring after a while. When I'm home on fast days I cook a meal arounf 400/420 cals leaving a few cals for some fruit and a tbsp of greek yogurt

I adapted an old recipe of my ex husbands because it was quick , easy and tasty, more so when you are starving lol. The brown Tilda Rice I weigh out half the bag (half goes in a tupperware container and in the freezer) 125g = 150 cals! Before finding this rice I would have eaten my arm rather than have brown rice lol. Although it won't be as nutritionally good as uncooked rice (which is also overly processed) it's tasty, adds carbs without too many calories, still has fibre and only 0.3 sugars. I eat it once to twice a week (alternating with cous cous) and lose 3/4lbs a week.
I also keep in some Bars Nacked Noodles, invaluble on days when you just can't fight cravings, just want to eat etc. If I am struggling on a fast day I will change dinner up a little, use the noodles and that frees me up calories to have as a snack to get me through any rough patches.
Here are some pics. I used to use the White pilau but now only have those on none fast days?
03 Jun 2015, 13:00
Sorry it posted twice! The top one needs deleating please. I don't know why pics I add are pushed to the left and some of the pic is cropped off?
03 Jun 2015, 13:23
Hey @jayeGirl glad you mastered the animated avatar! Lovely pix xx
03 Jun 2015, 14:04
Sneaking in in stealth mode as I'm in the office :cool:
Can I join please ...I am currently 9st3.8 and would like to be 8st 10 by the end of July which is my goal so it would be fab if I can manage that ... and if anything is going to help me do it its a challenge !
03 Jun 2015, 15:34
I want to join in too! I already set myself a goal of 140lb by 01/08/15 in my signature (which would be a 10lb loss), but the scales have been very stubborn recently. Add that to the cider calories I'll be consuming at Glastonbury festival at the end of the month, and I just don't think I'm going to get there.

So I'm going to challenge myself to reach 143lb, half a stone loss in two months which will still be a challenge for me, but hopefully somewhere within the realms of possibility!

Lots of luck everyone, looking forward to hearing about your progress x
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 Next
373 posts Page 3 of 25