The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

222 posts Page 3 of 15
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 Next

Which days do you fast?

Sunday
3%
Monday
35%
Tuesday
9%
Wednesday
11%
Thursday
31%
Friday
6%
Saturday
2%
I vary my days most weeks
3%
Total votes : 1657

Re: What days do you fast?
27 Feb 2013, 15:00
Usually Monday & Friday. Monday after a more food generous weekend & because I am usually not out & the same for Friday. I find it easier to fast at home & I can keep busy with housework.
27 Feb 2013, 21:43
I am just new, so just finishing my 2nd Fast. I am planning on Monday and either Wednesday OR Thursday, depending on the week's plan. I am also thinking ahead and may try to do Mon, Wed and Friday (ending Friday evening) if I find loss slowing down.
27 Feb 2013, 21:48
I'm doing 4:3, usually Sunday and Wednesday. The third day is usually Friday but sometimes I vary the days. Sunday because I get up late! and Wednesday as I usually work at home that day.
28 Feb 2013, 06:11
For me its tues and Saturday at the mo but I dont set that in stone. I find saturdays easy as im normally madly busy cleaning the housecat the weekend and the time goes so quick but if I am planning on going out I would change it to sunday of course.
28 Feb 2013, 13:34
Monday like most of you and Friday. I look after grandsons on Wednesday and visit two more on Tuesdays so Thursday is a proper rest day and regroup. I rarely do social things on Friday like you young things so it works well so far.
02 Mar 2013, 16:14
I have just started 5:2ing. I fast on Monday and Wednesday, I exercise on these days too. I don't eat until after lunch time but drink lots of water. I find it OK to exercise on fast days and it helps to keep me occupied and prolongs my 0 calorie fasting time.
02 Mar 2013, 16:53
Hi dutchgill & welcome :) I just wanted to say hello because of my Dutch connection. My dad was raised in the Netherlands and my sister was born there! She got an English name which was 'exotic' over there and when I was born in England a few years later I was named Mariska.

Now I've got a hankering for stroopwafels and kokindjes!
02 Mar 2013, 20:39
Can't submit as I do 4:3. But I usually do Mon Wed Fri. Leaving me Sat Sun to eat what I want(ish). I prefer to fast at work.
03 Mar 2013, 04:40
I plan on doing Tuesdays and Thursdays, but as I'm just starting out, I guess time will tell.
03 Mar 2013, 12:15
Moogie wrote: Hi dutchgill & welcome :) I just wanted to say hello because of my Dutch connection. My dad was raised in the Netherlands and my sister was born there! She got an English name which was 'exotic' over there and when I was born in England a few years later I was named Mariska.

Now I've got a hankering for stroopwafels and kokindjes!

Dank-u-wel !
(We are British tho we just live in Amsterdam for my hubbies job ;) )
I can get you stroopwafels anytime well obviously on a non-fast day :lol:
03 Mar 2013, 12:22
alsjeblieft! :)
I'd best not have any though, I could eat a pack of them in a day! Sometimes they have 'caramel waffles' in Aldi or Lidl, but they're not the same. Oh to have one fresh cooked from the market...
03 Mar 2013, 13:24
I find a Monday a great day to fast as it follows what is always for us a very heavy weekend (food wise). We tend to eat out quite a lot over the weekend and while I don't drink, my husband enjoys a few pints on a Sunday night. Friday is the next best day for us as my husband doesn't work Friday's so we can keep quite busy until we eat on an evening. I also do most Wednesdays. Bob is out on a Wednesday night so it means I can suit myself what I do or do not eat. Still loving it. Can't see me ever going a week in my life without fasting again.

When I think back to my childhood (Catholic) we used to have fasting days regularly - Holy Days of Obligation they were called. On Friday's we only ate fish. So for me, fasting was just reverting back to something I had been taught as a child.
03 Mar 2013, 14:05
I am going to try and do Sunday (because it is fairly quite for us and it stops me eating and drinking too much on a sunday which has been the norm for too many years) and Thursday, but I think I might need to vary my days if social commitments get in the way.
03 Mar 2013, 15:21
bev39 wrote: I find saturdays easy as im normally madly busy cleaning the housecat the weekend and the time goes so quick

Must be a rather large cat. :o
03 Mar 2013, 16:40
I'm in what appears to be the largest group here; Monday and Thursday usually. I find Monday as a great antidote to the week-end and Thursday just then breaks the week up nicely.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 Next
222 posts Page 3 of 15