The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

222 posts Page 4 of 15
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15 Next

Which days do you fast?

Sunday
3%
Monday
35%
Tuesday
9%
Wednesday
11%
Thursday
31%
Friday
6%
Saturday
2%
I vary my days most weeks
3%
Total votes : 1657

Re: What days do you fast?
03 Mar 2013, 16:57
allfrogs wrote:
bev39 wrote: I find saturdays easy as im normally madly busy cleaning the housecat the weekend and the time goes so quick

Must be a rather large cat. :o

:lol: :lol:
05 Mar 2013, 13:06
My first post:

Monday and Thursday, because I'm not doing anything social those days (um... I decided that before I started doing some classes, first on Monday and now on Thursday, but I found it was no problem, especially since I walk up the hill to the Institute). Monday/Thursday gives me the option of shifting to Tuesday/Friday if necessary, and still have the weekend free for normal eating.

I see it's the most popular choice here....
06 Mar 2013, 19:36
I chose Mondays and Thursdays as it fits in with my week but I have changed it a few times. Love the flexibility.
07 Mar 2013, 11:41
For me it's Wednesday and Friday as I work from home these days, so it's easy to avoid temptation being home alone with nothing too naughty around! =)
07 Mar 2013, 12:04
I fast on Tuesdays and Thursdays as they are my 'rest' days. I run on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. I kickbox on Monday and Wednesday evenings. I really get hungry after exercise so there's no way I could fast on these days. Also, I like to have a few drinks at the weekend so that's out.
07 Mar 2013, 15:43
Hi everyone, i'm new here and to this diet... Loving the site

This is my first week so I started Monday for the first fast day and today is my second. I started the diet before reading all the other info but started monday after a gut buster guilt ridden weekend... I was out wednesday night so thursday seemed logical.

my plan is to alternate days to fit into my lifestyle
09 Mar 2013, 22:21
Monday, Wednesday, Friday at the moment. It fits into my way of life quite nicely. I go to the gym to do weights just before I break my fast, so this way I get to go three times a week. When I eventually get closer to my goal weight I'll probably reduce down to Monday, Thursday.
12 Mar 2013, 07:38
I fast on Mondays and Wednesday's. I have been on the diet for 4 weeks and have so far lost about 5lbs. I don't feel hungry on the fast days. :cool: I'm trying to not 'go mad' on the feast day and just have 1 treat per feast day!
Kate. :grin:
13 Mar 2013, 16:51
Mondays - so as I can feel not too guilty if the weekend is a bit too social, and Thursday as mentally that gives me a boost to stay 'alcohol free' for 4 days and then can savour a glass of wine to start the weekend on Friday :wink: :wink:
16 Mar 2013, 08:31
Been two weeks now and did Monday and Wednesday both weeks, might change the Wednesday to a Thursday so there isn't such a long feast period of Thursday morning to Sunday night.
I'm actually enjoying this WOE up to now and even look forward to the fast days! Is that weird?
16 Mar 2013, 20:41
pvcpro- not weird at all- most people start enjoying and looking forward to the fast days- it's one of those things I suppose!! As long as we know that we cannot eat we are not hungry- I found this today and thought how appropriate!!!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

so we are really beating insanity with this WOE- isn't that brilliant???

let me know your thoughts everybody!!!
ursula
17 Mar 2013, 14:21
I am going to fast on different days each week. I work 2 days a week and find that it is easier to fast when im at work as it takes my mind off it. Also I get home about 7.30 so the kids and hubby have already eaten and I don't feel that I am missing out. :like:
18 Mar 2013, 14:09
First post. I do Monday and Wednesday. Monday because I feast from Friday evening until Sunday evening and feel its very necessary to balance everything out and then Wednesday just to get it out of the way. I have changed the days when needed but not often and didn't bother at half term.
I've done 13 fasts 5:2ing and have lost just over 10lbs which I'm really pleased with. Average loss and surprisingly easy to do. It's great isn't it?
19 Mar 2013, 23:12
I feel the best when I do Monday and Thursday. I always feel like I am starting the week well when I do a fast day then, and then I get two days off before doing it again, then WHALA it is the weekend. Pretty simple. Things have come up and I can move it around if I need to, but I prefer to do Mon and Thurs.
21 Mar 2013, 16:13
I'm just starting out, but I'll be doing 4:3. I'll be fasting Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I use all of my calories for one, substantial evening meal, so even if something comes up for my husband and I on a Friday, I should still be able to participate. :)
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15 Next
222 posts Page 4 of 15