The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

222 posts Page 6 of 15
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15 Next

Which days do you fast?

Sunday
3%
Monday
35%
Tuesday
9%
Wednesday
11%
Thursday
31%
Friday
6%
Saturday
2%
I vary my days most weeks
3%
Total votes : 1657

Re: What days do you fast?
04 Apr 2013, 02:08
Hi Emms, I'm curious where you heard that 4:3 wasn't much better than 5:2. I didn't intend to keep up 4:3 for long, but maybe I shouldn't be doing it at all...
05 Apr 2013, 13:16
I went for days that I don't usually have much social activity going on - so Mon & Thurs but Bank Hol weeks like this have made me push the Monday one to Tuesday this week, and as we had visitors for lunch yesterday, am doing my second day this week today - a Friday. I would normally allow myself weekends, as we tend to have G&T before the evening meal on Sat & Sun, but I'm going away for a short break in a couple of weeks' time, so may end up fasting on the Sunday before and the Saturday once we're home for that week!
07 Apr 2013, 07:01
I love this way of life b/c it is so flexible. I started off fasting Wed and Fri, I changed to Tue and Fri and despite that occasionally I have had to change the odd day here and there I am pretty much sticking to Tue and Fri.

I chose Fri b/c I still eat fish on Fridays and fish can easily be incorporated into a low calorie meal. Tuesday is good for me b/c we have a big family dinner on the weekend and that way I can still enjoy the odd bit of yummy leftovers :grin:
08 Apr 2013, 00:50
My husband & I are going to begin with Tuesdays & Thursdays this week. We'll see how it goes. :smile:
08 Apr 2013, 14:01
I am choosing Mondays and Wednesdays because those are the day I go to Aquarobics. I figure I'd get the most benefit on my exercise days????
09 Apr 2013, 16:55
I chose Tuesdays and Thursdays for convenience. On Mondays and Wednesdays I try to go swimming after work, and with a half hour walk back to the car it really is too much on 500 calories. Tuesdays are my Pilates days, and the weekends would involve being unsociable. I do a 36 hour fast each time, so starting the night before and going until about 9am the day after.
11 Apr 2013, 09:26
I fast on a Mon and Wed as I work long days then, so find it easy. Have been doing this since the end of Jan 2013 and I have lost 19lbs my hubby has lost twenty!!!!!
11 Apr 2013, 15:41
first day of diet!! so far so good - am even starting to like fruit tea :victory:
16 Apr 2013, 01:01
Looks like Tuesday and Friday for me as it suits my work week. Love being able to change the days as need be though
17 Apr 2013, 02:24
I fast on Mondays and Fridays. I work out during my lunch break most days but I am least likely to go on those two days - Mondays, because I usually have a headache from not getting enough sleep and Friday, because I try to leave work early. I found that I have no energy to really work out on fasting days.
17 Apr 2013, 20:37
I'm choosing Monday's and Thursday's so it's my 2nd fast tomorrow, the first was fine, hoping this one will do as well. Feeling really positive that this is gonna be the diet for me, I don't care if it's slow going as long as it fits in easily with life. :-)
18 Apr 2013, 00:18
I'm doing Mondays and Wednesdays and will throw in a Saturday on occasion. Or make Saturday a semi low calorie day.
18 Apr 2013, 11:30
I was going to do either Monday and Wednesday's or Tuesday and Thursday's..depending on what was going on in the week (and whether there was a bank holiday - there are a lot around at the mo!).........

.....but on speaking to a fellow faster,they found that only leaving 1 day between fasts was not quite enough to bring back engery levels.

So i'm going to try Monday's and Thursday's to see how it goes
:wink:
19 Apr 2013, 10:24
I'm starting today, which is Friday, and I'm doing Monday. I definitely won't do the weekend, because every weekend is different and it'd be too unpredictable. But M-F are pretty much the same. I may keep M & F, or I may do the M & Th recommended by a lot of people. I'm not sure yet. But I think Monday makes sense because rarely do I have anything going on Mondays, and by having the first day earlier in the week, I figure it gives me more flexibility the rest of the week.
20 Apr 2013, 18:37
Hi! I'm a newbie! I tend to fast Mon & Wed unless I have a social occasion that falls on a fast day! For example I have our monthly musicians practice (I sing) on Monday & it's a social event so I'm fasting tomorrow (Sun) instead.
I'm into my 3 rd week but not lost very much (1.5 pounds) but I was on a sugar free plan before that and may have indulged a bit too much in Cadbury's since stumbling across the fast diet!! Since the 2/1/13 I've lost 1st 7 but was finding it suffocating & boring the plan I was on before.
Thanks for reading, looking forward to getting to know you all!! Xx
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15 Next
222 posts Page 6 of 15