The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

222 posts Page 5 of 15
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15 Next

Which days do you fast?

Sunday
3%
Monday
35%
Tuesday
9%
Wednesday
11%
Thursday
31%
Friday
6%
Saturday
2%
I vary my days most weeks
3%
Total votes : 1657

Re: What days do you fast?
21 Mar 2013, 16:20
Either Tuesday and Friday or Wednesday and Saturday. I find that by fasting on either a Friday or Saturday, it makes me drink less wine! :bugeyes:
25 Mar 2013, 17:25
I voted for 'I vary my days most weeks' as I do ADF, so fast every other day. This is only the start of my second week, but very pleased with the loss so far, so I will stick with the 1/1 for the time being.
26 Mar 2013, 09:19
I work shifts on a 12 week rota so my days vary. I try to fast on nightshifts and when I know I will be busy.
26 Mar 2013, 20:08
I chose Tuesday and Friday. For me it's all about the weekend. I want to feel slimmer on Saturday and I want to burn off what I ate after Sunday. I didn't opt for Monday because sometimes I don't wake up at home and sometimes Mondays are hard to take without having to fast. Also, I am usually home on those days which will make it easier for me to avoid temptation. I might have to switch Tuesday for either Wednesday or Monday in the future but I think that Friday will remain a sure thing.
27 Mar 2013, 15:55
I chose Monday & Thursday balances the week and I feel that it's easier for me to have my fast days when I'm working.
27 Mar 2013, 21:48
We have done 2 consecutive fast days this week and found it very successful and not so difficult to do!! has anybody else done that? And how did you fnd it? ursula
27 Mar 2013, 21:52
Monday and Thursday are clear winners, I wonder how many of us are following Dr Mosleys routine in the book, consciously or not?
27 Mar 2013, 22:25
Mine is Monday to get over the weekend and Thursday to get ready for the weekend. :wink:
28 Mar 2013, 01:49
Hello fellow fasters:) New here. Just started two weeks ago ( going into week 3) and I was under the impression that the fast days had to be consecutive - but it appears not! That makes me very happy because it means I get to eat tomorrow and from now on it will be so easy. Two days in a row is hard. :smile:
30 Mar 2013, 13:56
I try to do days where I'm working from home as I hate being in meetings with my stomach making uncontrollable noises! This has so far worked out as Mondays and either Wednesdays or Thursdays.
30 Mar 2013, 19:26
It's important to remember the fast days are flexible, you can pick any 2 days out of 7. I chose Mon/Thu so as not to confuse my family. If something comes up on these days than I move my fast forward or backwards 1 day. Simple and flexible, great!
30 Mar 2013, 23:00
i have chosen monday and thursday as i work two jobs and being busy most of the day will keep my mind off food.
02 Apr 2013, 19:13
Originally chose Mondays and Thursdays as they were the fasting days Michael Mosley chose and I find those 2 days a perfect fit for me. I prefer the fasting days while at work as the days are busy. I just had my fast day Easter Monday while at home and I was much hungrier than normal
03 Apr 2013, 07:46
Hello. I'm a newbie (to the diet and the site). I wanted to drop weight quickly before a few 10k runs I'm doing, so I'm doing a 4:3 plan right now. I'm midway through my second week (fast number 6). I'm fasting on Saturday, Monday and Wednesday. I want to keep it flexible, though, so it doesn't interfere with my social life. It's all about sustainability, eh?
03 Apr 2013, 19:14
This is my first week, so I fasted yesterday and will fast again tomorrow, but I plan to do it on Mondays and Thursdays in future. I was going to do 4:3 but have been told that it probably won't make much difference to my weight loss, so I am going to stick with 5:2 for now.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15 Next
222 posts Page 5 of 15