The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

122 posts Page 8 of 9
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Very glad you are on the mend and feeling much better Caroline, thats great! :lol:

wishing a full recovery and lots more pampering, baby steps, take it easy and take care xx :like: :heart: :grin: :-)
Great to hear you are doing so well Caroline but you still need to take things easy and not overdo things so let your lovely family take care of you and enjoy the pampering!
:heart: :heart: :heart: Hi Caroline glad you're feeling a little better and enjoy being spoil you deserve it :clover: Sue
How you doing Cari?
Hope youre seeing improvements slowly ( not too slowly) but surely! X
Thinking of you :like:
So glad to hear you are doing well, Caroline!

Do you all think I could teach my hubs to make roast lamb? He likes lamb (we are usually semi-veggie - just poultry and fish served). The extent of his food preparation is a peanut butter sandwich and some raw carrots. But now that we're planning for retirement, there is time to expand our horizons... I love to cook, but it would be fun not to be the sole meal preparer...
I've been out...walked up the village to our social club for the Xmas quiz, came second from last, had a laugh and 3 vodkas. Got blown home, it's warm out though. Anyway, my fitbit says I've gone a bit over 5k steps with 11 active mins, all I did was walk. So now I'm back on the leaderboard. Last but very happy to be able to walk..........I'm back
:heart: Well done Caroline sounds like you're on the mend now glad you're managing your "steps" great news :heart: Sue
It's been 4 weeks since my op.

I feel great but have now developed a left sided back ache. I may have just over stretched when getting something out of the cupboard. I'm not sure to be honest. I've also had to take a nap these past few days. It's prob just all part of the healing process, I did manage stay up till gone midnight last night and slept in till 9.30am.

Having read a few blogs and visited some hysterectomy forums I think I'm doing ok. Bleeding almost non existent and feeling like I want to be "naughty" with my hubs. :grin: again.

Week 5 I am going to start driving as my stomach is ace. Will see my consultant at week 6 so will see about work after that. So no work till mid jan at least. Had a bit of a laugh last Tuesday when I received a letter stating that I didn't need any more smear tests....also had a histology repot and all was ok apart from a few benign leiomyomata. Looked it up and they're benign things, not worried as they've gone.
That's marvellous news Caroline. Hoping your back ache goes away quickly. :heart:
Great recovery Caroline :like: :clover: Hope the back sorts itself out soon.

All the best to you for 2014 :crossed:
:heart: Great news that your feeling a little better @carieoates don't you overdo thinks now but I suppose you're greatly improved if you want to be naughty with the hubby :heart:
Its great hear your feeling 'chirpy'. You are sounding very good for only 5 weeks post surgery.
Don't go getting back into the full swing of things too soon though, could you go back to work part time for a term, just to make sure you don't overdo it?
Yes Julie I think I will have a staggered return as I do have to be on my feet and carry a lot. It's difficult to see into the future and know when I will be ready for anything. I'm definitely going for another two weeks off, then I will see.
I'm also glad my hubs is back to work as I want to potter around and he's been so protective. And Im not being ungrateful when I say that. He's been marvellous.
Great to hear you are recovering so well Caroline but plenty of time to think about returning to work, make sure you really are up to it and ease yourself in gently! x
Thank you for the updates Caroline & glad that you are feeling much better now. You can look forward to a better year now & Happy New Year :clover:
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
122 posts Page 8 of 9