The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

122 posts Page 7 of 9
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Wishing you a speedy and full recovery, enjoy all the pampering, you deserve it!!!

:-)
Caroline I'm sorry you had a difficult time in hospital & now it's all over enjoy being home & being looked after by your husband. Best wishes for a speedy recovery :heart:
Hope you are able to enjoy being pampered at home - hope you are being pampered at home! :)
Make the most of your recuperation time; catch up on reading, DVDs or whatever you most enjoy. :)
Best wishes xx
I am indeed being very well looked after. Feeling better with each day. On a good point I slept through the night,....but having done this I woke up in such a massive amount of pain as drugs had run out. I have sent my hubs out to play golf as a treat, he went food shopping first, unloaded the dishwasher made breakfast and cleaned out the chickens. He's got to go to work on mon afternoon so I need to start being left for a few hours. TMI Alert.... And for those interested I managed to do a number 2 this morning. At Last. My wind has greatly reduced too.
I'm glad to hear you are improving. Don't you dare over do it tomorrow.
Don't fill the kettle, one cup of water in it at a time and just boil that. Get hubby to decant milk and juices into smaller bottles so you aren't lifting litre bottle weights out of the fridge. Use your thighs if you need to reach something on the floor, or better yet leave it there. Rest, as much as possible. If you feel tired, just grab a nap.
Ok @Julieathome I hear you loud and clear. Hadn't considered the heavy milk carton.. Hubs has bought me loads of tins of soup, pate, prawns, cheese and crackers to nibble on during the day.
Hi Caroline,

I must apologise for not posting sooner, it was one of those, 'will do that later' and of course, never got done. anyway, I've now read everything from the start to today and I'd just like to say that you have coped much better than I ever would, I'm such a big Jessie but nice to see you are made of sterner stuff? I agree with what everyone else says, about taking it easy hut I bet you'd already worked that one out for yourself.

Great to have it all behind you so, enjoy the pampering and all the nice treats and get well soon

Ballerina x :heart:
:heart: Take-care of yourself Caroline :heart:
Now it's all done + dusted you can relax, I'm sure you will be sensible enough in the next few days as you've waited and expected everything for some time now :heart: :heart:

Nothing going on here we've all weighed in for this year now and you can restart with all of us next year :clover: Sue :clover:
@minigill I hope all has gone well for your op today. :heart:
Welcome home and I hope you have a swift recovery and feel much better really quickly! :)
Hope your recovery continues apace. Continue to behave and not overdo it though. :clover: :heart:
Yes, just caught up with this! Get well soon, and everything everyone else has said about being pampered and resting up.
carieoates wrote: @minigill I hope all has gone well for your op today. :heart:

Hi @carieoates

Thankyou :heart: :smile:

Just got home about an hour ago, day job for the afternoon. Nothing major today, but the next stepping stone is what you have had done if it doesn't help.

Chose my egg salad for after. I did a fast on Monday so I was absolutely starving when I finally could eat around 4pm. Had a cracking migraine but thankfully it lifted once eaten.

I am with Bupa so had a nice room to myself, ended playing solitaire on the ipad as I was bored waiting for my slot ! Still couldn't win though !

Tummy feeling rather tender, headache and sore throat, so blanket will be on in a moment and early night :smile:

I recover very well from an anaesthetic (and previous ops!) so that is one saving grace. All I was focused on was my small egg salad which was yum :wink:

Hope your recovery is going well :like:
So glad it went well, perhaps we need to set up an op section on the forum. Or as a male colleague of mine called it " a ladies plumbing problem" section. I am really jealous of you ability to get over anaesthetics. My private room was great too. But food. Na not a lot of food passed my lips till Friday tea. Pm me to give me the juicy details.
Hello everybody...just a little update on my progress.

Firstly I would like to say a massive thank you to each and every one of you who has sent me hugs, best wishes, private messages and good luck.

I am now pretty much drug free, sleeping well and having a nap in the afternoon. Sneezing, coughing and laughing heartily are definitely still a bit too rough on my abdomen.
I've started pottering around at home, folding washing, helping in the kitchen etc etc. My hubs and daughter have been amazing.
My fitbit tells me that I've slowly increased my activity ( go to kitchen, get drink, sit down) to 1-2k steps a day. I'm going to take a walk up to the post box tomorrow, which will be the first time I've put on my outdoor shoes for 10 days!! Woo Hoo.
Hubs is in the kitchen now preparing roast lamb with all the trimmings dinner for tonight. Yum yum.
I've gained 600gm (which is not concerning me) since the day after surgery, so that's 10 days on 16.8 keeping me steady.

I will stay on this now till after new year then 2014 watch out as I will be back.......
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
122 posts Page 7 of 9