The FastDay Forum

Fasting with Medical Conditions

899 posts Page 6 of 60
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 60 Next
Re: fasting and CFS
25 Nov 2013, 18:31
CandiceMarie wrote: Hi CFS Fasting Friends
Really on a bit of a downward spiral healthwise at the moment and not able to read much,so am sorry i havent been able to keep up with everyones news here
Missing out on a members meet up tomorrow that i was really looking forward to...but there's always " next time" i guess
We have to learn to be patient if we can manage it! it makes life more bearable,but at times, i get sooooo cheesed off
No doubt you all know only too well that feeling of having to put off a looked forward to treat, but i just needed a mini rant this avvo!
Ok grumble over...catch up with you all soon ...keep smiling! :like: x x hugs to everyone X

Completely understand how frustrated you must feel CM when you can't make plans or know how your illness will affect you from day to day. Chin up sweetheart and there definitely will be a 'next time' as soon as you feel up to it! x :grin:
25 Nov 2013, 23:00
I really do try to pace myself, but sometimes life gets in the way. I having been rushing about(very slowly and mostly by phone and email), but I find shopping and using modern technology really frustrating when the brain is all fogged up, then most of my family start the `she`s complaining because she`s a pain in the arse` routine, and think I`m about to get sectioned again. The only one who gives me sensible advice is my son, but he`s working away at the moment. Everyone else wants me to explain why I`m behaving like I am, and I`m too tired to do so. He`ll be down on Wednesday for a couple of days, so I`m just staying indoors,apart from appt at hospital tomorrow. Feeling quite low at the moment.
Went by taxi to M+S in southampton, and had a good laugh on the way with the taxi driver. I had phoned ahead and asked that there be somewhere to sit when I got there, and that I would need a wheelchair. I don`t know if they thought I was putting it on but my legs gave way before i reached the restaurant so I sat down on the floor. A nice lady who was waiting for someone asked what was wrong and a member of staff came to see me. I just wanted to get in and out as quickly as possible in my loud tuneless voice, which speeded up the service a bit. But they hadn`t saved a wheelchair for me, but managed to pinch a chair out of the cafe. So I sat down quietly and waited for wheelchair assistance. They had to pinch one out of Sainsbury`s but once I was in it I started to calm down. Lady fitting the bra was lovely and used to live in Zimbabwe so we bonded. I had to tell her to slow down as she kept wheeling the wheelchair into the back of customers heels. Reminded me of when my son and I went on the `nope the pope` protest march in london c4y ago. We took my dad`s wheelchair as I don`t normally need one so we were at the front of the march. He kept moving forward when the organiser estured for us all to do so, and kept wheeling me into the back of the policeman`s heels!By the time they paused in front of a posh hotel I was dying to go to the loo, so got up, dashed inside, used the facilities, and dashed back to my wheelchair, exclaiming `its a miracle`! It was great fun. I didn`t object to him coming over, just my taxes paying for it, when the catholic church has plenty of it`s own cash. Just writing this and remembering the day is chearing me up no end. This forum is brilliant!
Anyway the bras are fine, but I might need some more soon if I keep loosing weight at this rate. Haven`t felt hungry at all today, and looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow. I`m determined to try to stick to Mon + Thurs, but might change thurs to Sat as I have company, and the great thing about 5,2 is its flexibility.Gave letter to manager at M+S asking them to email me details of how I claim back the taxi fares I think they owe me. I will definately include the one to hospital and back tomorrow, and if I can`t drive on Thursday when I have to go to dental hygienist that`s going on my list. Hopefully I`ll be ok by then and able to drive.
26 Nov 2013, 04:23
Awake at 3.30, have ordered taxi to QA, now going to get phone number for hospital so I can tell them I need wheelchair assistance. TBC
26 Nov 2013, 04:39
Booked taxi, hopefully i can get from drop-off point to reception without legs collapsing on me. Think I`ll manage it. Will take lightweight fleece to sit on if they do so I don`t get too cold, Thats what I`ve started to do when I walk to dog in the cold, park benches are really freezing at the moment.
26 Nov 2013, 05:13
Booked taxi,won`t get to sleep now so getting in hot bath listening to radio `with `safety net`. All the songs seem so relavent, eg `maybe I`m so demanding, `one of these days.` Ads are a bit annoying, but otherwise very motivational.
26 Nov 2013, 23:43
Hi Chingola, I'm so sorry that your family isn't supportive. that makes it so much more difficult. Really glad your son is coming so you have someone on your side.

hope your trip to hospital goes well. will be sending you lots of positive thoughts. hugs Phyllis
29 Nov 2013, 09:46
Realise that I have been doing too much reshing around and not pacing myself properly. Knees in particular very painful and tired. Changed my meds last night and had a whole 8h sleep. Will stay in bed today as I have to go to Chichester tomorrow to get the right bra(s)!
29 Nov 2013, 21:47
Hi chingola, I'm hoping by this hour you are fast asleep. glad you are resting up for your trip. hope you medication change continues to be effective. take care Phyllis
21 Dec 2013, 21:33
Calling in to say Hi have a great Xmas all x
Ive managed to get down to London for xmas this year and i'm very grateful as several previous Christmasses have been missed out altogether due to bad health
Wishing us all a healthier happier painfree 2014 x
21 Dec 2013, 22:04
Oh that's such a sweet little robin...thanks @Candicemarie

Happy Christmas to you too. I'll see if I can attach a card tomorrow (technology seems to get the better of me!!)

I really hope 2014 will be bring us all the energy we've so missed this year. :heart: :heart:
24 Dec 2013, 18:44
Merry Christmas y'all !!! wishing you a joyous, pain free holiday full of energy, love and fun!! Phyllis
29 Dec 2013, 11:46
Hi my fellow CFSers!Hope you all survived the Christmas jollities!
I had a lovely time tho it was an effort..being in company the most draining thing of all...hard to put up with noise,specially if there's more than one conversation going on.
Paying for my fun now a bit..Bad muscle pains,bad brain fog,bad everything
Luckily i can just rest and recover..Lets hope 2014 and fasting helps us all along that magic path to wellness! :0)
Massive but gentle hugs to all xxxx
29 Dec 2013, 11:51
Aw, so sorry you are suffering again @CandiceMarie. Make sure you rest as much as possible and try to conserve your energy whenever you can.
Lots of love xx :heart: :heart:
29 Dec 2013, 11:58
Oh hello @Candicemarie - isn't it amazing how tiring opening presents and, as you say, being with people is. Yes, it was nice but just exhausting :-(

I was supposed to go to my cousin's wedding yesterday. For months I had been umming and aching as to whether I would be able to go (to be honest I rarely see more than two people at a time...my folks). Anyway,my dilemma was answered when the wedding venue was flooded and they had to postpone their wedding until April. I guess I'll have the same dilemma then!

Anyway, I wish you a quick recovery from all the festivities and, as you say, let's hope 2014 will be a good year for us all.

By the way, just to let you know, the week before Christmas I started a CFS/ME course. It's a 6 week course and is supposed to give guidance on managing symptoms. At the moment I have to fill in a diary for everything I do during the day. The course centres around CBT. If I receive any gems of information that may help I will definitely let you know.

All the best everyone and gentle hugs from me too :bugeyes:
29 Dec 2013, 16:21
I forgot to ask you guys before...do you ever get the awful CFS/ME nightmares!
I used to have the most surreal terrifying dreams,they have now faded to bad dreams on a regular basis
Stayed at my daughters for seven nights at Christmas...she had awful nightmares and screamed and shouted in her sleep for four or five of those nights..
@nursebean hope you enjoy your course..me and DD did a ten week course based on pacing and extremely gentle exercise...it was fab,helped so much.hope you get a lot from this Nursey and keep us posted. I bet those two darling doggies are lovely therapy x
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 60 Next
899 posts Page 6 of 60