The FastDay Forum

Monthly Weigh-Ins

158 posts Page 10 of 11
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Well done Peter and wife on adapting this lifestyle! :like: It sounds as if you have already made a great start and will do really well as you have planned your meals in advance. Keep us posted on your progress! :grin:
If you ever get the idea that a pound (or even half a pound a week) isn't much weight loss go and stare at a pound of butter.
I'm new to the diet and 1lb a week suits me fine. Thanks for this site..its really helpful :D
Auriga wrote: If you ever get the idea that a pound (or even half a pound a week) isn't much weight loss go and stare at a pound of butter.

:fat:
I thought I wasn't losing much doing 4:3 but I have switched from stone to kg (just because I feel its more accurate for my scales lol) and in 3 weeks I have lost 2.88kg which when you work it out into lbs is slightly over 2lb a week on average. That makes me feel a bit better lol, I was a little disappointed I lost .5kg this week but when I even it out I'm losing more than average per week.
I love statistics :)
I just started my 5:2 journey and after week one I have lost 0.5kg so looks like this time I am average ;)
I'd rather lose it slowly and keep it off then lose it quickly and gain it all back.
This info is so encouraging, before my recent issues I was averaging about 400g a week being about 1lb, so all was on track.
And as soon as I am back yo my normal,self will look forward to averaging that again.
Am pleased to notice it's not a straight down line but goes up and down also
Certainly shows am doing it right
Weighing in kilos knowing 2.2lb per kilo was great NHS BMI calculator automatically allows either metric or imperial and you can switch buttons to show either reading. 1st Dec 2013 I was 68.8k = 10st 12lb Today I am 62.0k = 9st 11lb :like: :heart: :victory: YAY I meet the average....Nice and slow is the weigh to go :lol:
My weight loss journey with 4:3 has resulted in a loss of just .13 or .15 kilos a week (or only 1/3 of a pound not a full pound)

or 1/2 a kilo a month. (i like thinking in months)

9 months at it and ive lost about 4.7 kg

I believe that it depends on total amount of weight to lose.

I've been working on rough basis of 8% of your weight loss required a month. .. which is why it takes about a year to get from whatever weight you are to target weight (speaking in average figures).

My point is that just saying the 1 pound per week (1/2 kilo) is a very average figure and may not apply to "you". So don't be disappointed if you are not losing the full 1 pound or 1/2 kilo a week
Just think a pound of this is going every week but you have to keep trying!!!!!!!!

:fat: :fat: :fat: :fat:

I have lost 26 of those! YAY!!!! keep it up folks. :victory:
I am happy to be able to report that in nearly a year I have averaged about 250gm lost a week. I kg a month. So I am twice as slow as average. It doesn't matter though because it's not a race and as long as I'm going down, it's all ok. A lot of people on the forum try to speed things up by tweeking 5:2 and maybe my weight loss would have been faster had I done so. However from my point of view I like the slow lane.
Like @Sallyo I am averaging much less than a pound a week but then i have less to lose overall and that may be the key to that number 1 pound a week.

in my case i had 6kg to lose overalll and in a year managed 5kg which in 52 weeks means just under 100grams a week.

i have a theory i have put over this forum that you lose about 10% of your goal weight loss a month with this eating plan. so if you have 20kg to looks you should be hoping to loose say 2kg a month or 500grams a week. or that magic 1 pound a week people seem to talk about.

i know that's all very simple stats but it seems to work for me anyway.
I'm in week 9 of my 5:2 diet, and I am finding that the weight loss tracks exactly to the calorie deficit created on the fast days, after figuring that losing 1 lb of body fat requires a deficit of 3500 calories.

So since it only takes a pathetic 1500+ calories a day to run my small, elderly, body, and since I'm eating about 425 calories on my fast days, I'm losing 1/2 lb a week.

For someone younger and larger, who burns 2000 calories or more each day, the deficit caused by fasting will be significantly larger, so they will lose more.

Men typically burn a lot more calories each day than women, too, which is why I have come to be deeply suspicious of the "easy weight loss" claims found in diet books written by men whose entire experience with dieting turns out to be losing 10 or 20 lbs.

Where is the diet book written by a middle aged woman who has lost 50 lbs and kept it off for 5 years?
peebles wrote: I'm in week 9 of my 5:2 diet, and I am finding that the weight loss tracks exactly to the calorie deficit created on the fast days, after figuring that losing 1 lb of body fat requires a deficit of 3500 calories.

So since it only takes a pathetic 1500+ calories a day to run my small, elderly, body, and since I'm eating about 425 calories on my fast days, I'm losing 1/2 lb a week.

For someone younger and larger, who burns 2000 calories or more each day, the deficit caused by fasting will be significantly larger, so they will lose more.

Men typically burn a lot more calories each day than women, too, which is why I have come to be deeply suspicious of the "easy weight loss" claims found in diet books written by men whose entire experience with dieting turns out to be losing 10 or 20 lbs.

Where is the diet book written by a middle aged woman who has lost 50 lbs and kept it off for 5 years?

Well I'm middle-aged and have lost 88lbs...I just have to keep it off for 5 years and then I can write my book! :wink:
I think that there are some such books, possibly Amanda Salis is one? I know she lost a lot of weight and has kept it off but am not sure how old she is.
You're so right about the prevailing attitude among men (in general, but not on this forum of course) that it's all so simple...just eat less and move more and the fat will simply dissolve!! Then when we middle-aged women tell them that it is often not quite so quick and easy, they pooh pooh us. :-(
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
158 posts Page 10 of 11