Re: Moogie is out of hospital
10 Mar 2014, 19:16
Take care Moogie and only come back when you feel ready :heart:
10 Mar 2014, 19:31
Sending lots of get well wishes @moogie Take care x
10 Mar 2014, 19:41
So glad to hear from you, Moogie. Please take care not to try to do too much.
11 Mar 2014, 01:38
@Moogie, glad you are home, take care & don't overdo. Sending healing thoughts your way.
11 Mar 2014, 04:31
Thanks so much for letting us know how you are Moogie. Please take cabaret and get better soon. :heart:
Edit: No don't take cabaret, how on earth did that get there. It should say take care.
22 Mar 2014, 14:11
God Moogie, that must have been one hell of a shock! I've not been on here for a while now, so here's a belated get well soon and love and best wishes.

Claire x
22 Mar 2014, 14:31
And here's hoping that you're continuing to make good progress @moogie xx
24 Mar 2014, 11:09
HI all and so sorry for my extended absence. I've found it so tiring being at my desk and it's been just about all I can manage to keep up with my work - I have more or less caught up with that now, phew! My husband has just been made redundant so it's really important that I keep up with work what with us having a much bigger mortgage here at the new house. I'm sure it'll work out and I'm trying not to stress over it.

I'm getting a bit stronger now, I think in all honesty I tried to do to much for the first week or so back home, so a quieter week last week has really helped and I'm going to try not to do too much this week either, aside from a bit of baking with a friend tonight in prep for a (very belated) birthday meal for our other friend on Wednesday. We were due to go for the meal while I was in hospital, so of course cancelled that and have had to wait until I've been well enough to manage it. Last week mum took me out to lunch to see how I coped with that - I survived, albeit rather tired after (but we did have a short stroll together first too).

Overall I do feel much better than I did though still far from 100% - maybe 50% of my usual self? There's still so little I can do physically - a little washing up is manageable and I can make the bed as long as I sit down a couple of times between layering on the blankets (I get so cold now!). I can squeeze my own shampoo bottle again too, which is so nice as I was getting tired of having to ring my 'service bell' and get Rich to help me with that. So, small steps but steps in the right direction.

My arms still get stupidly tired all too easily, mainly my left one, so at least my mouse hand is alright for the most part. A few mins of typing and the left aches so much I have to stop for a while. Actually, I have to stop most things, a lot. Everything I do takes about twice as long in rest time after to recover, so two hours of work (not in one stint!) means I need about 3-4 hours of rest during the day. It's frustrating but at least I'm keeping up.

Today it's looking fairly quiet on the work front and I hope to catch up here a little :)

Phoebe is still here with us and I'm so grateful for that as I don't know how I'd cope with losing her at the moment, I'm not sure my physically broken heart could take an emotional break too. She's bright enough though her tumour is getting noticeably bigger and while I feel sad for her when I see how she looks (it is affecting one of her eyes and of course it is a big bulge in her neck) she is fairly normal in herself and happy enough - begging for food as usual, getting up on the bed in the morning, even curling up on a cushion on my lap when I'm resting.

Anyway, enough rambling for now. Just wanted you to know I'm still in the land of the living and making some slow but sure progress :) Thanks for all the support and for bearing with me during this unexpected turn of events! Everyone has been so lovely, both online and in real life and it's been quite touching.
24 Mar 2014, 11:15
OH boogie - big soft warm hugs from Sweden for you and Phoebe. All I can say is öisten to your body and listen to your heart and don't overdo anything. <3
24 Mar 2014, 11:18
Wow Moogie. You're a champion. What difficult and frustrating times for you. I'm glad you're listening to your body and resting often.
Best wishes and hugs for your ongoing recovery.
Xxx julianna
24 Mar 2014, 11:21
Hallo sweetiepie, I was just wondering how you were doing and you must have caught the thought! Sorry to hear about the redundancy, hope something even better turns up for him really fast. Resting and being slow, young lady, are ALL GOOD so keep doing that (like you have a choice!) and all shall be well. Big hugs {{{+}}} wrap up and sit in the sun when you can too :0)
24 Mar 2014, 11:27
It is lovely to read an update from you Moogie & thank you for taking the time & managing such a long post. I am pleased to hear you are recovering & you will get back to your usual self but it must feel frustrating taking small steps on your way to a full recovery. Don't try to do too much & try to be patient with yourself!
I hope you will soon be able to feel more energetic & it's good that Phoebe is keeping you company. Hugs & best wishes being sent to you :heart: :heart:
24 Mar 2014, 11:38
Good to hear from you, you will get back to full strength in time but it will take time so be patient with your self. I do hope a good job will come up for your Husband. :clover: :heart:
24 Mar 2014, 13:14
:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: Hey @moogie
So good to hear you're on the mend albeit slowly for now that's the best attitude tiny baby steps will lead to adult ones soon enough, love the idea of the "service bell" glad he comes running and taking care of you.
Sorry about the redundancy that's such bad timing/bad news hope Rich finds something soon and do try not to stress yourself about that situation. (easier said than done)

Phoebe's situation has bought tears to my eyes I'm feeling so sad for you you'll know when the time is right!!

Thanks for the update moogie take care of yourself. :heart:
24 Mar 2014, 13:19
Thanks for the update @Moogie. Happy to hear you're coming back, though the pace is probably not as quickly as you like. You have much love & many healing thoughts being sent your way.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10 Next
145 posts Page 5 of 10