The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

111 posts Page 7 of 8
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Sorry, but it's not there, now the go to first unread post button has gone.
Hi @allfrogs
There's a link to the first unread post next to the the post reply button at the top of the page but only if there are any unread posts.
The switch to responsive view (or switch to desktop view depending on what you're currently using) link is right at the very bottom of the page in the grey box under the terms of use etc links.

If it's not working for you, can you post a screenshot and details of the device and browser you're using?
Thanks
Fastday_2.jpg
(10.11 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Fastday_1.jpg
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
carorees wrote: Hi @allfrogs
There's a link to the first unread post next to the the post reply button at the top of the page but only if there are any unread posts.
The switch to responsive view (or switch to desktop view depending on what you're currently using) link is right at the very bottom of the page in the grey box under the terms of use etc links.

If it's not working for you, can you post a screenshot and details of the device and browser you're using?
Thanks

Windows 7 and Firefox 32.0.3 and pics of both desktop and responsive views.
The largest I was allowed to attach, unreadable on my pc.
Hmmm, one for@fast_Paul I think. Meanwhile, try shutting down Firefox completely before changing views. It worked for me with chrome.
Thank you Carorees!
X
Hi @fast_paul! :)
I am sure you are very busy, but thought I would direct my queries to you in case Moogie has not been able to pass them on (I sent them in an email).
I use an iPad and Safari to access the forum.
1) I have worked out that the problem of almost a third of the screen (when viewing the forum topics) taken by a permanent menu bar on the left, only occurs when I have the iPad in landscape view. It is ok when portrait, but I don't like to use it that way cos usually the font is bigger when landscape and also my iPad balances better that way! The problem is the same whether in mobile or responsive view - in one case, I think responsive, the left column has the menu permanently there, in the other, it is blank, but fills with the menu when I click on the triple lines.
Can anything be done about this.
2) I can't find a hyperlink to the most recent post for any thread. This used to appear next to the name and time of the most recent post, but there is no link there - in either mobile or responsive view.
3) I can't increase the size of the font in the usual way of using fingers to spread the screen - and the font size is very small. This is the same for all views.
4) an issue I haven't reported before, and was in previous versions, was when I am in 'post reply' (not quick reply) view, the window that displays previous posts is very small, and trying to scroll to find the post I want, is very tedious. Why can't these be displayed in the same way as when you do a quick reply?
5) could the 'tag' icon perhaps be the first one in the list - it must be the most common one used? And are all those icons used?
6) when a topic has multiple pages, I have a hyperlink for 'previous' but not for 'next'
7) could something be done about the amount of space some people's signatures take. This adds to the considerable amount of scrolling I have to do already.
That might do for now!! I probably have some other issues so will post on those when I recall them....
Thanks for all your work on this forum, it is one that I do want to continue to take part in, but I am afraid that each change has not made things easier for me...
Sassy1 wrote:
3) I can't increase the size of the font in the usual way of using fingers to spread the screen - and the font size is very small. This is the same for all views.

for a moment i thought that Pinch zoom, as its called was only wanted by me. i like reading the forum late at night away from desktop either on mobile or ipad but honestly cant without pinch zoom.
its a real quick fix im sure and will not detract from functionality or server usage or anything if the code is added (simple css tag at top of page)

Preetty pleeze
carorees wrote: Hmmm, one for@fast_Paul I think. Meanwhile, try shutting down Firefox completely before changing views. It worked for me with chrome.

But not for me with Firefox or Internet Explorer 11.
Thanks anyway.
Hi Sassy1,

Sorry to hear you seem to have a lot of problems. Firstly I wanted to check - we've introduced a new 'Switch to Desktop View' link at the bottom of the page - do you find that any better/worse?

Kind regards,

Paul
Sassy1 wrote: Hi @fast_paul! :)
I am sure you are very busy, but thought I would direct my queries to you in case Moogie has not been able to pass them on (I sent them in an email).
I use an iPad and Safari to access the forum.
1) I have worked out that the problem of almost a third of the screen (when viewing the forum topics) taken by a permanent menu bar on the left, only occurs when I have the iPad in landscape view. It is ok when portrait, but I don't like to use it that way cos usually the font is bigger when landscape and also my iPad balances better that way! The problem is the same whether in mobile or responsive view - in one case, I think responsive, the left column has the menu permanently there, in the other, it is blank, but fills with the menu when I click on the triple lines.
Can anything be done about this.
2) I can't find a hyperlink to the most recent post for any thread. This used to appear next to the name and time of the most recent post, but there is no link there - in either mobile or responsive view.
4) an issue I haven't reported before, and was in previous versions, was when I am in 'post reply' (not quick reply) view, the window that displays previous posts is very small, and trying to scroll to find the post I want, is very tedious. Why can't these be displayed in the same way as when you do a quick reply?
5) could the 'tag' icon perhaps be the first one in the list - it must be the most common one used? And are all those icons used?
6) when a topic has multiple pages, I have a hyperlink for 'previous' but not for 'next'
7) could something be done about the amount of space some people's signatures take. This adds to the considerable amount of scrolling I have to do already.
That might do for now!! I probably have some other issues so will post on those when I recall them....
Thanks for all your work on this forum, it is one that I do want to continue to take part in, but I am afraid that each change has not made things easier for me...
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
Sassy1 wrote:

for a moment i thought that Pinch zoom, as its called was only wanted by me. i like reading the forum late at night away from desktop either on mobile or ipad but honestly cant without pinch zoom.
its a real quick fix im sure and will not detract from functionality or server usage or anything if the code is added (simple css tag at top of page)

Preetty pleeze

Desktop view on my iPad still pinches juliana
Just thought I'd tell you as all
I am occasionally getting "invalid thank" replies when I try to thank someone in mid thread. Opera browser in mobile view on an Android Nexus 7 tablet. Any idea what that means?

Otherwise, I am really liking the redesign. Thanks!
@peebles, I get invalid thanks if I have somehow clicked on thanks twice. Have you checked if the thanks has registered?
Hi @fast_paul
Thanks for getting back to me. The desktop view is in fact worse - still has the permanent menu column, and tho it has the "pinch" feature, that actually makes it very unstable and the page floats all over the place. It appears my 2 options are now desktop and responsive, not mobile anymore.
APOLOGIES FOR THE NEXT POINT - ithe weight loss data is there via the cog for those who share this info. But it would still be good for this to be on the main page.
And one more thing! A few people have commented that the "weight lost" data does not appear in the persons details nor when you open the cog. This is very useful info - any reason why it has gone? For those of us who share our trackers, I can't see any reason for it not being there.
I know it was decided there was too much info - took too much space? - in a persons details. Couldn't you dispense with the words "gender" "location" etc - surely not necessary. And how was it decided what is best to display. For example, I don't care about how many posts a person has made - that could be left to the cog window.
Ok, enough whinging from me for the moment!!!
Hi @Sassy1 I can see the weight lost data when I click on the cog so I wonder why you can't? Any ideas @fast_paul?
carorees wrote: Hi @Sassy1 I can see the weight lost data when I click on the cog so I wonder why you can't? Any ideas @fast_paul?

Hi, obviously my edit to my post did not make it clear that I had realised the cog would show this information - sorry! I did find the weight loss via the cog - the problem had been that I tried a couple of cogs for people who do not share their data, and I did not realise this was the cause.
But it would still be good for this info to be on the main page - note my other comments above (also don't need time joined forum, date is quite sufficient - but again, not of as much interest as weight loss)
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
111 posts Page 7 of 8