The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

74 posts Page 2 of 5
Hi, I am glad it isn't just me.

Maybe I am not eating enough on non fast days in saying that I don't seem to want to eat big meals and I am not a snacker inbetween meals......mmmmmmm I will need to think about this a bit more.

Speedy, I mean Jo.... lol, hopefully I will be surprised in a couple of weeks. Planning my next fast day tomorrow, Thursday.

Thanks for your input guys, I will not give up as I am enjoying being good only 2 days a week. It is better than everyday for months at a time.... lol

I will keep you posted.
Selmoon
It seems that not losing weight can be due to a) overeating on feed days (Dr M says to watch what you drink...fruit juices, smoothies, latte, all v high in cals), b) eating too little on feed days (your metabolism slows down) or c) changes in body composition (gaining muscle or water which hides the fat loss).

Probably the best thing to do is to just keep eating what is right for your height and weight and be patient!
Caroline - I'm just laughing to myself.

Sounds like the advice is don't eat too much, don't eat too little and stop having the drinks you like (coffees)! :lol:

Pretty sound though! Will have to tread the middle path.
Hi all,

I've just had a thought, what if I had a higher protein breakfast on the morning of my fast day rather than a bowl of porridge would that help with the weight loss? Would that make any difference do you think? Has anyone tried that?

My typical fast day would generally be something like this;

Porridge 150 cals approx
Miso soup 30 cals approx
Chicken salad 300 cals approx

Any thoughts, should I change brekkie?

Selmoon :?
Only lost 0.5 pounds in second week so weight loss slowing down. Happy with that though. :)
I lost 5 pounds inw eek 1 and then half a pound in week 2 and half a pound in week 3.
I will be happy to lose half a pound a week as that is how the extra weight crept on.
I have 10 pounds to go and if it takes me 20 weeks then I will be at my goal weight by mid-June.
If my weight loss stalls or I put on weight I will add a fast day.
I am in it for the long haul for weight loss AND improved health.
Good Luck.
Slow and Steady!
Thanks for that, thesmallfabric. :)

Yes, my extra weight crept on slowly too, so a slow decline would be fine! I have about 20 pounds to go so, could take a while but that's life - no point trying to rush it.

Btw, I had a look at your blog yesterday. Thanks, it's very interesting to read other about people's progress and experiences.

Best of luck to you!
If you lose the weight too quickly, you get horrid sagging skin too. Slow and steady wins the race!
Update on my post. Yesterday I fasted til 6pm and then had cooked salmon and roasted vegetables . I was still hungry so had half an apple. Anyway today, at last the scale showed a drop of almost a kilo.I really was getting demoralised as I couldn't blame overeating on feed days. Hopefully this trend will continue.
Gonna do 4:3 instead 5:2 till Easter. Is that ok? Michael Mosley won't wag his finger at me? It's just that I would like the weight to go down a bit faster and I like the feeling of being lighter after a fast. Xx
Ok, I've been doing this since late August.
I haven't had much joy at all, it goes down and then up. :?
I have about 2 stone to loose and that won't make me skinny.
I count calories using an app on the other 5 days to ensure I don't over-eat because I have not found my appetite getting smaller at all.
I am using 5:2 for the repair aspects BUT I am fed up with not loosing my fat belly.
I walk 2-3 miles a day at a fairly quick pace.
It's frustrating and
made worse by a husband who s not overweight but seems to loose weight ths way each week grrrrrrrrrr.
Pashcaline wrote: Gonna do 4:3 instead 5:2 till Easter. Is that ok? Michael Mosley won't wag his finger at me? Xx

Alternate Day Fasting (ADF) is where it started, 5:2 is a sort of lightweight version so if you can hack it then go for it.
me!! I have just started week 4 of 2 days under 500 cals and I have put ON ONE POUND !!!..............aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!! please will someone reassure me? x x x
I've stopped losing weight as well. I lost 7 lbs in the first 2 weeks and have now regained 1-2 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Really annoyed and don't know what I'm doing wrong. I thought it could be because I wasn't eating enough on the feed days but when I eat more I put on more on those days and cancel out any weight I lose on the fast days.
@coojee: This is typical for the early stages. You lose fat and water at first then you regain the water (so you get an increase) then you lose more fat. Keep on with what you are doing for another couple of weeks before panicking!

@Tarty: I replied to you in another thread...umm..can't remember which one now, but you were asking how to PM me?
74 posts Page 2 of 5