The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

74 posts Page 4 of 5
I'm not losing any weight. The same couple of pounds are on and off the last two months. BUT, I've also had bloodwork done showing my thyroid levels are too low. It's getting beyond frustrating!

I've been so good, and hubby and I are eating the same things - only I'm eating less of them. He's down 25 pounds and I'm only down 9 or 10.
Hi Selmoon,
To lose weight break meals in small frequent meals and prefer raw food over processed food. Drink more water than routine, start green tea and avoid beverages. Regular exercises are important to lose weight as they burn your fat and boost metabolism. Avoid eating late and have proper sleep.
Hello,
I would like to lose weight. I tried any weight loss programs but they don't work. I have heard about green tea to lose weight. What do you think about this? So, could you give me weight loss tips? I would like to find the solution to lose weight without regain weight. Thanks. Claire.
claire8019 wrote: I have heard about green tea to lose weight. What do you think about this?

For a while I drank several cups of green tea every day. It did not make any difference to my weight whatsoever drinking it in addition to what I ate. But for the periods where I have forced myself to have a cup of tea (black, green, herbal) instead of snacking I have lost weight, which I put back on again when I went back to snacking.

claire8019 wrote: So, could you give me weight loss tips? I would like to find the solution to lose weight without regain weight.

The paleo diet worked wonderfully for me to lose weight. It improved my mood, gave me energy and removed many of my food cravings. Unfortunately it was not able to supplant my stress/comfort eating with better habits, and that's why I put on nearly all the weight again over the course of a couple of years.

I've only been on the 5:2 diet for less than a month, but I think using the principles of paleo combined with intermittent calorie reduction in a way that doesn't make me feel deprived and leaves room for emotional eating will have a better chance of working for me long term.
Brigham wrote: Hi Selmoon,
To lose weight break meals in small frequent meals and prefer raw food over processed food. Drink more water than routine, start green tea and avoid beverages. Regular exercises are important to lose weight as they burn your fat and boost metabolism. Avoid eating late and have proper sleep.

1) frequent meals keeps insulin up and had little effect on weight loss
2) there is no evidence that green tea increases weight loss
3) exercise, while very beneficial in many ways, has little effect on weight loss
4) avoiding eating late and getting good sleep is good advice.
Hi everyone,
I've been on the 5/2 diet for a month. (8 fasting days) So I thought I'd record my experience so far. I'm a guy, my beginning weight is 185lbs. My ideal weight should be 165lb according to my doctors visits. My fat weight seems to be around my mid section. So I loved the idea that I could eat whatever I wanted 5 days a week and diet for 2:0:). I want to be extremely clear on my days off I've eaten whatever I wanted, Pizza, sandwiches, subs, etc. - I haven't tried to eat a lot just ate whatever I wanted when I got hungry. I also work construction so althouth not a gym, I'm moving all day! After a month of 500-600 calorie restricted days here are my results. My weight after four weeks of 2 fastings days is 183lbs from 185lbs. I'm not terribly unhappy with these results since I've done no other exercise or carb restriction. I have lost a lot more weight on carb resticted diets and exercise much sooner. I am guessing if I only eat lean low fat meat and complex carb vegtables I would lose much quicker. So as a super easy (eat what you want 5 days) don't expect super quick weight loss. On the other hand for someone who doesn't like counting calories, packing healthy meals, etc. - once the weight has been lost this might be a great way to maintain thast weight loss!!! Thanks for listening:)
Hi all, I have been on 5:2 fast diet almost 5 weeks now but I have not lose any weight, I don't know to give up or not. I need to lose 10 pound but seems like I cant do it even I did fast Mon-wed- fri last week.I do eat about 400 calories on my fast day only 6 pm so no breakfast no lunch plenty black tea until 6pm then to next morning until 10 am.I am not big eater on nonfast days either.So I really don't know what to do any suggestion? What week looks like this,
Sunday 6:00 pm last meal until
Monday 6:00 pm 400 calories dinner nothing else until
Tuesday 7:00am coffee with milk then normal day 6:00 pm last meal
Wednesday 6"00 pm 400 calories dinner nothing else until
Thursday 7:00am coffee with milk then normal day 6:00 pm last meal
Friday 7:00am coffee with milk then normal day 6:00 pm last meal
Saturday and Sunday normal meals
Am I doing anything wrong, because I am not losing any weight
I'm in the same boat - just completed my 10th fast and I haven't lost a single pound or inch. I don't understand how I can not be losing weight when I'm eating less calories!
I was wondering if anyone else who didn't respond to 5/2 has had more success with another diet? I guess it just doesn't suit my metabolism... Very disappointing though. I have found the fasting really difficult and it's all been for nothing!
The first week I put on 2kg (really ?) the next 2 weeks 3 - 400grams only I was doing 2 days back to back this week switched to Tues - Thur much easier to do, my weigh in is Mon but I know the results are much better I can see it, do still get hungry around 4pm and have Promite in hot water carries me over to 6pm other than that its long term doable.
I have added walking 50mins 5 days a week weight goes up and down, my only guess is that a little bit of muscle is being added to cancel out the scales, still disapointing hoped it would help drop weight, I found by splitting the fast days say Mon-Thur was easier than back to back, so in 1 month tho the gut did shrink a bit the scales show me at about the same as the start date, damn
Jupiter wrote: Have you measured yourself? It is quite possible that you have lost inches rather than pounds??

I keep reading the above in many threads. But how can you reduce from arms, waist, leg, rump, gut and not show a reduction of sorts.
It had to go somewhere, didn't it?
Does it reposition somewhere else.... scratches head.
carorees wrote: ), b) eating too little on feed days (your metabolism slows down)

Oh dear that again - I'm flummoxed Caroline I thought that idea was put to bed in this WOE

Phil where are you? H e l p.
I think a lot of people are doing this wrong ie they are having 2 days at 500 cals and 5 at only around 1200 to 1300 (which is what calorie counting apps give you to lose weight). This is not enough. No wonder people feel ill and tired. The 5 days should be "normal days" which for me is around 1900 calories. Check out what yours should be if you haven't already.
Marie2mil wrote:
carorees wrote: ), b) eating too little on feed days (your metabolism slows down)

Oh dear that again - I'm flummoxed Caroline I thought that idea was put to bed in this WOE

Phil where are you? H e l p.

I wrote that back in January before I was enlightened by PhilT!

I think there are reductions in energy consumption if you consistently undereat, so that further reductions in intake are needed. Naturally you will lose weight if you eat little enough, it's just that that it's possible to lose whilst eating more if you can avoid this slow down in energy use, which is caused by a combination of many energy-saving mechanisms in the body which added together may result in a significant reduction in TDEE. Ensuring you are not being more sedentary, that your portion sizes have not crept up or that you are indulging in more snacks can make a difference. Occasional high calorie days seems to help weightloss but I don't really know why.
If my count is correct, there have been 15 people in this thread who are not losing weight. 12 of whom didn't identify their BMI and 3 that did report it.

Not knowing where you are in the BMI range makes it very difficult to suggest what you might do to lose more weight.

It also makes it difficult to accumulate evidence that might point to likely solutions from those who managed to circumvent the problem.
74 posts Page 4 of 5