The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

101 posts Page 1 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
Fasting today Monday 18th March
17 Mar 2013, 21:53
Good morning all!
Cool and sunny in Sydney this morning.
Feeling quite fine to be fasting today, happy with my official weekly weigh in loss of 600g.
Planning a swim this morning and a busy afternoon.
I'll have my 2 rice thins with vegemite and some strawberries about 12md and then I look forward to a big plate of veges and some fruit and soy yoghurt around 6.30. I'm trying to keep my fast days as a healthy detox as well- see how I go cutting back the coffee today!
Good luck everyone. :smile:
:wink: Hi. It's still Sunday here uk side, but I will be joining in the Monday fast in about 9 hours time

Hope it goes well for you today.
Wow, I feel like I've travelled into the future! :) Glad to hear it's going well for you so far Gigi, I'll also be joining in when it turns Monday here. Well, technically my fast started when we finished dinner - but it was a little later than usual today so don't know if I'll do my full 24 hours zero cals, maybe just 22 by the time I have my fasting dinner. It's all good though, it's a longterm thing :D
Same for me!! Beautiful Sydney morning and looking forward to my Monday fast - complete with my LARGE long black :)

11th Fast today, hopefully the scales will have shifted for my weekly weigh in tonight as they have been pretty static for the past 3 weeks after a 7lb loss in the first 2 weeks! Must keep pushing!
Another Monday faster here too :)

I am saving my calories for an early dinner before shuttling the kids around to swimming lessons tonight.
I am planning a big salad for OH and I with boiled eggs and light ham.
So far today I am feeling really energetic (3rd fasting day) and I have been for a short walk and done a little gardening.

I work from home so I need to get on to that shortly but this forum keeps calling me back :lol:
Still Sunday night here, however mentally ready for a fasting day tomorrow Monday. Will be drinking herbal tea and sparkling water til my hubby comes home from work, and will have my evening meal around 7pm. Big plate of veggie stirfry for me.
Mondays plan for me will be: a trip to the gym and starting to pack the spare bedroom as were buying a house and hopefully moving soon! yay!
Monday faster here..currently enjoying my long black!
I think I am going to find today quite easy as we completely ripped apart our kitchen yesterday.
Even if I wanted to eat something, I wouldn't even know where to find it!
Simple salad tonight I think.. Have a good one everyone :-)
Hello! I'm fasting today too, it's a beautiful day in Adelaide! I love my fasting days, I get soooo much done and I feel great, until maybe 3pm. Then it's digging my nails in to my palms until dinner, haha. I know that'll get easier though. This is my 4th fasting day.
Sydney here too. 11.37 and going well. Have walked the dog, done a step class changed all the beds and am just about to do some work (I work from home). Have had a cup of warm water with a slice of lemon and heaps of water so far. Will probably have a cup of tea mid afternoon and save my calories for a nice dinner of grilled chicken with tomato, onion and avocado salad. Mondays are definitely easier than later in the week. Enjoy your fast days everyone!
Another Monday faster here too. Just had my second cup of green tea. Need to do loads of mundane tasks today, which means I'm procrastinating online instead of doing them...
Another Aussie Monday faster here, from Melbourne where it's cool and cloudy at the moment. Today is my third fast day, so early days still but I'm really enjoying this and already feel heaps better in so many ways. I'm saving all my calories for dinner but am still deciding what I'll have.

Good luck everyone!
hi - my 3rd fast day today too - and i'm in sydney too!
here's my plan for the day with calories i've worked out calories using calorieking website - i'm pretty happy with this:

Breakfast - Meal Total - 203
1½ teaspoon (5g) Cinnamon, Ground 25
100ml of macro organic almond milk 48
1 level teaspoon (4g) Sugars: Brown 16
1 serving (30g) of Uncle Tobys: Oats, Quick 114

Dinner Meal Total 300
210g (1/2 can) of Heinz Chilli Beans Hot 104
1 TBSP of devondale light sour cream 28
20g of kraft livefree extra light cheese 52
230G Potato, w. Red Skin, raw 115

Food Total Day Total 503

:grin: :grin:
Still Sunday the 17th here in the US, but I'll be doing my fast tomorrow and looking forward to it. I'm taking a bunch of cut up sweet peppers with to work in case I'm at a weak point, but plan to use most of my calories at dinner.
Planning to have porridge in the morning...drink kombucha during the day and then a great soup for dinner...still sunday here on the west coast but always smart to prepare mentally for the coming fast. What's even better is the nasty cold I dealt with on my last fasting day is pretty much gone. Good luck to all the Monday fasters. Good idea to finish off this day with some St Patrick celebratory brew! :clover:
Monday afternoon in Beautiful Brisbane. Had lots of water and a tablespoon of Chia seeds and a microwaved egg for breakfast. Hungry now (2:30pm). Will go and 'fill up' on some water.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
101 posts Page 1 of 7