The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 52 of 65
Previous 1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
14 Jul 2014, 15:03
CALLING ALL FASHIONISTAS!! :heart:

I was given this silk Warehouse dress from a friend, so I HAVE to wear it at least once. Can you guys come to my rescue? I need accessory-related advice:

1. Necklace - what sort? What length? What colour?
2. Any earrings?
3. What shoes? Colour? Heels?
4. What tights? (I must wear tights because I have scars on my legs), so what colour?
5. Any other accessories? I know less is more but..
14 Jul 2014, 17:49
1. Necklace - what sort? What length? What colour? something fairly short and plain like a flat silver chain. The dress is 'busy' so the necklace needs to be simple. Alternatively, really bold chunky beads if that's your thing, or a pearl choker

2. Any earrings? earrings OR necklace, not both

3. What shoes? Colour? Heels? depends where you are wearing it. Same colour as the dress (is it black or navy?) or perhaps a tan or pop of colour to match your chunky beads (see above)

4. What tights? (I must wear tights because I have scars on my legs), so what colour? with a silk dress, for me the only answer can be nude, as even if the dress is black I imagine sheer black would not disguise scars

5. Any other accessories? I know less is more but.. you could wear a colourful or creamy coloured scarf with it, depending on your necklace choice

It all rather depends on your style and the venue I'm afraid!
14 Jul 2014, 18:50
Wow @Winsome you. are. awesome.

I've raked through my bedroom and recovered some red drop earrings and some red mary janes. There's a little red in the dress, see.

All I need now is the black sheer tights. :victory:

I will, of course, take a pic of me actually in the outfit! lol
14 Jul 2014, 19:03
0Red everything for accessories, including shoes and tights and a pashmina :0))
14 Jul 2014, 20:50
If you are only going to wear it once go with what you already have-except maybe tights. If you decide you like it then that's the time to buy.
14 Jul 2014, 21:22
That sounds perfect Pip, and yes, I agree with Merlin. I hope you enjoy wearing your new outfit :smile:
27 Jul 2014, 16:14
Just bought this in Monsoon sale - size 10!!!!!!

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk ... 5530500114

Only £27.50 and half price .... A good job cos just spent hundreds on 2 pairs of new specs! :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
27 Jul 2014, 16:49
@silverdarling. I miss Monsoon, so dying to see what you bought, but I can only see the link the the sale... :cry:
27 Jul 2014, 16:52
I'm not sure that these count as fashion, but as Vic Beckham was in the paper today sporting orange trainers, I am very happy that I beat her to it last week when I bought these beauties. :lol: :lol:
27 Jul 2014, 17:18
Oh @silverdarling the dress is divine! You have same taste as me - unfortunately i dont have yr figure :razz:
@rawkaren wow you have Vic Bec imitating you :cool: !
I bet they are sooo comfy! X
27 Jul 2014, 17:22
This shouldnt really be in the Fash Tent but as Fash Tent seems to be the " water cooler in the office " place right now,just wanted to say and mainly to Carie@carieoates..
Was in the park this morning and Race For Life was just about to start..saw a girl in a pink tutu ( makes this a legit entry in the fash tent :lol: ) and a guy with pink plaits!
Something had told me to take money out with me, so i did,even tho i knew i wasnt going to the shops,so i was able to give them a contribution!x
27 Jul 2014, 17:30
@rawkaren haven't sorted out the blasted photo protocols here since changeover :curse: but google 'monsoon savannah wrap dress' and hopefully that should bring up the right pic ... :like:

And btw, those trainers look fabulous ... Details?? :cool: :wink:
27 Jul 2014, 17:39
@silverdarling. Wonderful. I can picture you in this - you will look fab. Mind you they are cheeky buggers - they want $52.50 for it here - nice try on the exchange rate fluctuation - should be more like $46!!
27 Jul 2014, 17:42
Lol! Cheeky indeed! It was £29.50 actually - half price in the sale!
27 Jul 2014, 17:43
Same here but started out at $105! I can buy NYDJ cheaper than that here.....
Previous 1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 52 of 65