The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

250 posts Page 8 of 17
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17 Next
@P-JK 4 hours and 30 minutes!?! I can just see the ad: senior needs to lose weight, looking for sexercise partner, must be able to manage 4 hours and 30 minutes a day :wink:
Oh @GMH, now I see what you mean with the text in your signature...
Not sure there will be many matches as a result of such an ad?
Hi,

Checking in with my weekly high (137.5 lbs) and weekly low (135 lbs.--right on target). I fasted yesterday and woke up today weighing the same as yesterday morning and night. This almost never happens--staying the same after a fast, and not losing anything overnight. Could it be the dark chocolate and the spinach pastry and the handful of mixed nuts that I cheated with? I think so....

Luckily, even at the high, my clothes feel the same and I think I look the same. Even so, I need to get a grip and stop this almost unconscious testing to see how far I can go. Usually I fast only once a week to maintain, but this week, I needed Monday as well as Thursday. :oops:

Resolved: Fast next Monday and no cheating! And cut down on so many treats on the non-fast days. :doh:

Hope everyone else is doing well. :clover:
This week's max weight: 63.6, min 62.4, mean 63.3 that's 1.7 below target :grin:
No fasts for me this week and still managed to be no more than a pound over my target weight, well within my two pound 'buffer', and that was only for one day! I'm a happy bunny! :bunny:
Weighed in today - at two pounds more than last month :curse: :shock: - still I suppose that's not bad considering I've had a ten day holiday on Anglesey, with oysters, cakes, ice cream, bara brith, chocolate and various yummy meals, including a couple prepared by @PennyForthem :lol:

Have been averaging 1 fast a week - will chuck in another now until weight returns to previous! :oops:
107.2lbs which is maintaining within my range of 105-110lbs so it's OK tho' I'll keep an eye on the trend. (tbh, I think this is a TMI gut thing that will resolve over the next week so I'm not perturbed.) :roll:
Silverdarling wrote: Weighed in today - at two pounds more than last month :curse: :shock: - still I suppose that's not bad considering I've had a ten day holiday on Anglesey, with oysters, cakes, ice cream, bara brith, chocolate and various yummy meals, including a couple prepared by @PennyForthem :lol:

Have been averaging 1 fast a week - will chuck in another now until weight returns to previous! :oops:

Hi @Silverdarling, Am I mistaken or are there a couple of numbers creeping in? :shock:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (5.53 KiB) Viewed 469 times
My month started on 71.6 kgs (157lbs 13.6 oz), today I'm 72.3 kgs (159lbs 6.3oz), but I have been down to 71.2 (156lbs 15.5oz) and topped 72.6 (160lbs 0.8oz) as well.
So, considering its Feed Me Up For Christmas time of year, could be worse (could be better).
I've been strictly 16:8ing for a week, with a 30 minute walk most days before eating, and weekends I weigh consistently more than week days. Something to do with curry and a bit of weyhey.
Hmmm I wonder what that all is in lbs? (Edit:added.)
So my margin seems to be that old varyfairy 4lbs, as per fatdog's information (thanks honey).
I'll count that as holding steady in the face of Oncoming Winter :0)
P-JK wrote:
Silverdarling wrote: Weighed in today - at two pounds more than last month :curse: :shock: - still I suppose that's not bad considering I've had a ten day holiday on Anglesey, with oysters, cakes, ice cream, bara brith, chocolate and various yummy meals, including a couple prepared by @PennyForthem :lol:

Hi @Silverdarling, Am I mistaken or are there a couple of numbers creeping in? :shock:

:lol: :oops: :grin: as we speak, I have one apple pie in the oven... :shock: :wink:
Maintenance Month 004. Goal weight 120 lbs. Method 7 x 19/5
06/10/14. 121 lbs
13/10/14. 123 lbs. Realised that I was naturally doing 20/4 so adopted this formally
20/10/14. 121 lbs
27/10/14. 123 lbs
Not seen goal weight this month. As weather is too rubbish to do 5/6 hour fell walks will have to eat more veg less fat, or accept that I am going into hibernation mode and putting on a few pounds. I am sleeping longer as well.
Hi fellow maintainers, glad to report, that I am still pretty much on target and trying for just two more lbs buffer zone. But if it doesn't happen and I shouldn't lose any more, that is fine too. Good luck to everyone and hope you are all doing well.
As we approach the end of October, I'm still in happy maintenance mode. No fasts, but 2 days a week at 1000 cals and 5 days at 60g carbs.
Mindful eating is what I aim for.
This time last year I was seven pounds over the target weight that I reached in July 2013. :cry: This year I am three quarters of a pound under my target weight, which I regained in March this year. :grin: That means that, this year, I have been at, or around, target (except for holidays, of course! :pig2: ) for nearly eight months. :lol: I have never in my adult life stayed so close to target for that length of time! :shock: I am rather pleased! :victory:

Now, in the next nine and a half weeks, I only have to negotiate a holiday in Germany, a cruise to the Canaries, Christmas with the family and the New Year celebrations! I cannot guess what my New Year weight will be, but I'm sure that it will involve some heavy duty fasting to get me back to target again! Damage limitation will be the name of the game! :starving:

How will my fellow maintaineers approach the festive season to maintain your target weight?
Well my weight is certainly not the issue in maintaining, rather the lack of desire = laziness I suddenly seem to have for cooking. I just can't be bothered which is in itself a bother. However I have recognised the problem and will now contemplate ways of solving it. I felt rather nauseous all weekend for some reason, so light on food Saturday, fast of about 700 Sunday, Monday still not the best so only about 1200 cals, Tuesday fast of about 800. Culminated in nearly a kg loss, so now @ 58.7 (1.3 under GW) but I'd like to get to 58kg in preparation for my UK holiday. Anyway I now need to work on food. I find unless I cook/freeze food on weekends, I'm just tossing food out. Really with 3 fasts and eating porridge for breakfast, lunch bought out, there's not enough meals to be had. So if I buy a lot of different food, there's no time to eat it b4 it goes off. One of the difficulties of living alone I guess. Ah well I'll work on it :-)
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17 Next
250 posts Page 8 of 17