The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 41 of 60
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 60 Next
Kelly25-tr wrote:
Wishing everyone strength and determination to make it through the rough days and also the ability to enjoy the good days !

Nice way to put it @Kelly25-tr... I say what Kelly says
#36... 5 more lbs to lose.
Total loss for Christmas Challenge is 8 lbs.
@ Juliana.Rivers I did consider lowering my target I had set it at 3kgs but I haven't done anything official yet because psychologically that will mess me up. I still need to think 3kgs for now :?: Giving up is not an option... Good luck everyone :clover:
Hello number 95 checking in with a stubborn no change on the scales this week. Well I am more or less a daily weigher- can't help it and actually it helps me see my weight as being within a range rather than a fixed point. So my weight this week has been as low as 9st 5.5 and as high as 9st 8.5 but on my designated Tuesday weigh in this morning it was 9st 6.5lb, same as last Tuesday. Looking ahead to December I have lots of meals out so this will be where it gets really tough!
greenmonster wrote: Hello number 95 checking in with a stubborn no change on the scales this week. Well I am more or less a daily weigher- can't help it and actually it helps me see my weight as being within a range rather than a fixed point. So my weight this week has been as low as 9st 5.5 and as high as 9st 8.5 but on my designated Tuesday weigh in this morning it was 9st 6.5lb, same as last Tuesday. Looking ahead to December I have lots of meals out so this will be where it gets really tough!

@greenmonsterIm a strong believer in daily weighing if a weight loss challenge is really important. Keeps your eyes on what's going on. I hate to admit it but sometimes i way myself twice a day.

Thats a point,... Christmas functions seem to start earlier every year. My first is december 6th and that will be a food fest I know. so as a point to everyone in the challenge we all have to get quite strict over the next 2 or 3 weeks. agreed?
skinnyli wrote: @ Juliana.Rivers I did consider lowering my target I had set it at 3kgs but I haven't done anything official yet because psychologically that will mess me up. I still need to think 3kgs for now :?: Giving up is not an option... Good luck everyone :clover:

you are right there, @skinnyli, giving up is not an option. you will be fine.. just keep doing all the good things you are doing and you will reap the rewards. It may take longer than you hope for but you WILL MAKE YOUR TARGET
Tammae wrote: #36... 5 more lbs to lose.
Total loss for Christmas Challenge is 8 lbs.

8 lbs lost and 5 to go and not half way. congratulations @Tammae!
#83 Slight gain of 0.2 lbs (I think) Anyway I'm down 2lbs overall from my start weight.
A massively busy two weeks ahead of me so hoping I don't gain any more...
I haven't missed a fast and I have been eating reasonably, nevertheless I've gained several real pounds. This is 5 fasts after my 5 day conference where all this weight came back on.

All I can figure is that this is about hitting a set point. I got down near 137 lbs, which is the same weight I bounced up from the other two times I reached it over the last 11 years. The difference is that the other times I wasn't dieting and I was actively trying to gain back a few pounds. This time I was, so finding myself over 141 after a fast this morning was quite depressing. I was below 138 only 3 weeks ago.

Nothing to do but keep on fasting two days a week and stay off the scale, as I am NOT going to cut back on anything else. If I can't even maintain eating this way, so be it.
No 17 here at end of week 6:
Weight: on 10/11/14 123 lbs, no change 1 lb over target
Wheat-free: Yes, grain-free yes, small amount of sugar in dark chocolate and salad dressing.

Pretty much what peebles said, I am not prepared to do any more so if my weight does not go down to my summer minimum, c'est la vie!
Oh @Peebles, sorry to hear that weight won't shift. I wonder if you need a break from fasting? A change in the foods that you eat or your eating routine? When I was going through a bad patch (feeling hungry all the time - famine reaction??) Caroline recommended taking a break from fasting. I think I went a week or 10 days without a fast, then really felt the need to fast again, and did. I also reintroduced breakfast, at Caroline's suggestion, and that has also worked for me.
Although I still would like to shift the one remaining kg to reach the weight that I felt comfortable at, my GP is concerned that I have lost too much weight... As I mentioned elsewhere, he is testing me for all sorts of medical conditions that may contribute to weight loss (I went to see him for problems with my ACL-replaced knee, but he was more concerned re my weight). And really, how much does 1 kg matter??
Anyway, I had actually come into this thread to say that I am away for a week with no way to weigh myself, so won't be posting a mid-way weight.
Best wishes to all. Christmas really does not seem far away....
Member No 37

I am all over the place at present but am pleased to have a little loss again

Tuesday 11/11/14
weight 114.6kg
loss 1.3kg from 06/11/14

Still in a lot of pain and getting little sleep but trying hard to just get on with it.
Alexandra wrote: Member No 37
Still in a lot of pain and getting little sleep but trying hard to just get on with it.

Alexandra - hope you fell well and back on track soon. In the meantime, a loss of 1.3 kg in 1 week is to be CELEBRATED! Congratulations and (((HUGS)))
#91 checking in - weighed in @ 66.6kg on Tues which is a .7kg loss so far.
#2 clocking in. I have not been here for at least 3/4 weeks as my OH had sudden open heart and bypass surgery. Although I have not paid attention to any eating in that stressful time I only put on a bit of weight and now that I am starting fasting again and am on the challenge again, I will log in with data next week. At the moment I am back to where I started at the beginning of the challenge, and have hopes that I will still make good progress...we're only half way there!! It's good to be on track again and that life is slowly returning to normal.
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 41 of 60